Next Stop… SL21B

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Lindal Kidd said:

The Birthday celebration has long become too big for anyone to really see it all in the time allotted. I think the party should be extended by another week, at least.

I said the same to someone last night as we tried to fit in as much as we could before closing.

• Like 1

Aww , well. I never made it there this year. 😭 Was busy with RL work 🧑‍⚕️🏥 ,summer ⛱️🌞 and vacation 👨‍👩‍👧‍👧✈️🧳they should make it last longer especially since this time of the year SL, traditionally, is the emptiest. 😢

19 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

So long SL20B… We will miss you!

Once we get to 21st birthday, SL can serve alcohol… looking forward to it!

It was great! We got some seriously neat updates for such an important milestone, we got, uhm..

-Inventory preview and…uhm…

Crap….think…..oh yeah!!!

Twenty rich kids were rewarded with PPL!

And uh….uhm….

50 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

It was great! We got some seriously neat updates for such an important milestone, we got, uhm..

-Inventory preview and…uhm…

Crap….think…..oh yeah!!!

Twenty rich kids were rewarded with PPL!

And uh….uhm….

A new LH Theme! And a WelcomeHub!

• Like 1

I can't imagine the next one will have so many exhibit regions, nor so many Shop & Hop merchants.

This may be strictly idiosyncratic, but personally I'd prefer that the average exhibit size shrink way, way back towards 1024m² again. There were many hidden gems among the small exhibits, and my scaled-up expectations for the larger exhibits were, uh… not uniformly met. Maybe it would be better to layout the regions so each has only one parcel size instead of scattering the large ones around. It may seem as if variety should be good but I'm not sure it works out that way.

It's kinda late to mention specifics, but some of the Shop & Hop storefronts were really creative this time, something I never noticed before. Not Fantasy Faire fare, but really good. I hope that bar rises even further next year. (I don't actually care about the S&H gifts, but I think they're required? I did find a gift card very effective for introducing the wares of an unfamiliar creator; that's probably less lucrative for the merchant, though, short-term.)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

It's kinda late to mention specifics, but some of the Shop & Hop storefronts were really creative this time, something I never noticed before. Not Fantasy Faire fare, but really good. I hope that bar rises even further next year. (I don't actually care about the S&H gifts, but I think they're required? I did find a gift card very effective for introducing the wares of an unfamiliar creator; that's probably less lucrative for the merchant, though, short-term.)

Some of the storefronts really were creative!  One was so great I ran to the designers store and bought some stuff (it was not designed by the store owner).

I liked the gift cards best too, and often ended up spending more than the amount of the gift card in many instances -- so likely smart advertising for the stores. Was often not so enthused about the actual gifts as often they weren't anything I could use.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, BookishMelinoe said:

With any luck, I'll be done sorting my SL20B inventory in time for SL21B.

The struggle is real! I decided to skip the freebies this year, after overdoing it at SL19B, but I still have stuff to sort out from Sci-Fi Con and Fantasy Faire, both this year's and last. 🤪

• Like 1

I visited all the exhibits and shops! I found wild Magellans. I went on all the rides. I didn't pick up every gift, but I got most home and garden things. I bought a watermelon bush because my house is watermelons this summer.

I think some people requested a big plot for the novelty, but might have regretting it when it came to filling it. They'll know for next year. Anyway, that didn't bother me much, as I just moved on when there wasn't much to see. I enjoyed a lot of the exhibits and I liked seeing the other personal history exhibits.

The adult area was new and will hopefully grow in the future to have more stuff. There were no moderate/adult horror builds, so it looks like if I want blood, I'd have to bring it (but only if I could still do a general build, so we'll see what the rules say next year).

I was bolder about asking for bears this year and have many new ones. Even managed a few events. So, it was a fun time and I spread a lot of spores.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.