No More Free Lunch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Putting this into its own post/response here as well: This thread is - as is usual for the OP's MO - a half and half thread. Half serious and half trolling - the latter is in the presentation (over the top honestly) but the overall premise is dead serious.

The entire thing is so out of touch and over the top as to be beyond ridiculous. As is this notion of reporting anyone who dares to be honest. It is here partly for the Drama as one can easily figure out just by the fact that it was announced that the OP is sending in Reports as opposed to simply Reporting and moving on.

Time for this thread to get "Moled" and be simply secured or even sent to file 13. Can tell it was put up to be trolled and derailed more times then a CSX RR train. And we're out of butt hurt forms for the OP!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Time for this thread to get "Moled" and be simply secured or even sent to file 13. Can tell it was put up to be trolled and derailed more times then a CSX RR train. And we're out of butt hurt forms for the OP!

Locked? Probably. Removed? No. Not even with edited posts/removed responses. Leave it as is and roll back any edits made in attempt to clean up one's image/pretend things were not said.

ETA: Yes, I'm quite irked and have been beyond fed up with some of this - it is well beyond time for some users to have to own their words.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

But you see, the aim is to first find out who has money, then befriend them on an alt inworld, then post a link for you to open and only THEN will they key log you and steal all your passwords.   Convoluted enough?  😁

Send them a picture with malware that has been known about for years and is no longer a threat, too! Gotta log them keys with the Trojan horse picture, leveraging the "no longer a threat" malware vector!

20 hours ago, EnCore Mayne said:

so. please, if you have any thoughts on how impossible or feasable this separation could be i'd love to have you add/subtract from what is but a rudimentary exercise in formulating a better world. i think it's brilliant but i'm open to discussion. what say you?

In some ways it already exists by virtue of General, Moderate and Adult. Imvu for example, charges for an account to be relegated to General only unless a fee is paid to gain access and view Adult content and rooms/regions. They also have another potential separation for VIP members . Both seem to work well and make for a very good motivator getting to higher level and giving the company an ongoing return.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Speaking as (self-evidently) a member of the SL Elite, can I just say that I think fashion choices should also be a means by which we separate the riffraff from the beau monde?

I am ready to serve as a judge on this matter, should a regulatory body be required.

I'd also like to nominate @Ayashe Ninetails, whom I know is also eager to serve her community.

471902560_Classy-Forum-Blank.thumb.png.942aca55ece32a908c763b5ffe0ff223.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Speaking as (self-evidently) a member of the SL Elite, can I just say that I think fashion choices should also be a means by which we separate the riffraff from the beau monde?

I am ready to serve as a judge on this matter, should a regulatory body be required.

I'd also like to nominate @Ayashe Ninetails, whom I know is also eager to serve her community.

Mobile home park background would have been better.

Just sayin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What fashion choices should we designate as denoting riff-raff? Should we vote on this or just pick a handful of people to be our moderators of taste? Should we include skins and shapes in our judgements, or just hair and clothing? Should we only allow mesh bodies and heads in our upper echelons? Somebody needs to formalize the rules for this ghettoization of unacceptable avatars.

(  is joke, of course )

• Like 3

So OP, I just found this super juicy thread and I've pretty much only read yours and a few responses. I will get through all of them in a bit but i wanted to ask you just one question.

English isn't my first language but i think i'm fairly good at it but i believe you may have taught me a new phrase. Please confirm:

Does "inspired thought" mean "thinking while under the influence of something" ?

Joking aside, what you are proposing here is really just about exactly what is wrong with the world today. I'll do my best to not get political or anything but i do wish to bring my point across. I see a lot of what you are proposing in the world today. People want to separate each other by how they look, how they feel, what they are, or what they believe they are or what class they are. Please point me to a single event in history where this had a good outcome.

I'm sorry but i'm going to say it as i think it is and it is not to belittle you but this is a dumb idea.

PS: your avatar picture with the real life lips kinda freak me out, lol.

Edited by CaithLynnSayes
  • Like 7

26 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I would be honored to represent the Home Décor Diva Division. I look forward to judging you all. 😂

carol-burnett-curtain-rod-dress.gif

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Found a better gif!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

19 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

"Imagine A world, where race, gender, age, religion, health, location, physical characteristics, class distinction, & socio-economic status do not limit you." -SL Oldtimer

@EnCore Maynemight want to take that nugget out of your profile.  🤔

Self-awareness is a rare thing. The irony in that is super thick though. It be funny if it wasn't so sad.

This thread has to be a troll, and a bad one at that. Distasteful even.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

exactly what is wrong with the world today

Yes, the dividing thing, spot on!

When I read the "what is wrong" part, my first thought was that you were going to mention "misinformation". The OP is based on incorrect assumptions and misinformation about the Second Life economy. This is part of the "divider playbook".

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Is that an "all day sucker"? Nice top!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Joking aside, what you are proposing here is really just about exactly what is wrong with the world today. I'll do my best to not get political or anything but i do wish to bring my point across. I see a lot of what you are proposing in the world today. People want to separate each other by how they look, how they feel, what they are, or what they believe they are or what class they are. Please point me to a single event in history where this had a good outcome.

And we already see a lot of it inworld and on the forums too with mesh vs non mesh, slex vs celibate, Belisera vs Mainland, PIOF vs non, child avi's vs adult, male avi's vs female vs furry vs dinkie, Rock vs Blues, and on and on. What is one more separation if that's what the OP is actually proposing, which I think was somewhat facetious considering the tone of the post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

And we already see a lot of it inworld and on the forums too with mesh vs non mesh, slex vs celibate, Belisera vs Mainland, PIOF vs non, child avi's vs adult, male avi's vs female vs furry vs dinkie, Rock vs Blues, and on and on. What is one more separation if that's what the OP is actually proposing, which I think was somewhat facetious considering the tone of the post.

I remember my man went to DJ at this one club and after 15 minutes he was told he needed a mesh avi. When he said maybe later --- they canned him and banned him from the club.  A few months later found out the club imploded and was gone.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I remember my man went to DJ at this one club and after 15 minutes he was told he needed a mesh avi. When he said maybe later --- they canned him and banned him from the club.  A few months later found out the club imploded and was gone.

On the  other side there was a gaming region in Opensim where the owner insisted that only visitors wearing system avatars and clothing were allowed. It didn't last long as most couldn't bring themselves to revert to system. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.