Does it say something about me if I feel more "vulnerable" as a woman avi?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

A study of dogs, wolves and chimpanzees showed that dogs (which have evolved among humans) are better at reading human facial expressions than either chimpanzees or wolves are. Humans and chimpanzees are capable of reading each other's emotions to some extent though. 

Being able to read each other's emotions means we feel similar emotions. It's a kind of cognitive empathy. Anyone who's owned a dog or cat knows they feel emotions. Watching a wolf pack also shows they feel and relate to emotions. Animals that play - mammals and birds especially - show intelligence and emotions too.

A wild wolf shows it's happy when it's playing by itself or with other wolves. It shows discomfort when it has fleas or an injury. It shows affection for its offspring and packmates. It shows grief when a packmate is killed. They experience many of the same emotions that we do, and as such, I think they experience a similar kind of fullness to life that we do. I think they feel love for their family, as well as resentment, fear and grief.

Yes, I like your line "anyone who's owned a dog or cat knows they feel emotions".  That's what it takes...paying attention to them...tuning in to them closely, and it becomes very obvious.

My mother was totally shocked that their dog, Pepper, a 'macho' terrier who was hyper and not the most affectionate dog, came and cuddled against me when I visited. I think he was responding to how open I was to him and so he felt connected.

Once when I visited a woman for the first time all three of her cats came out and started rubbing against me and she was shocked, saying they never come out to greet strangers. I think they likely knew I loved animals and was no threat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

What's with all the free speech stuffs in like 3 different threads?  I think we gotta us a leak somewars..  hehehe

How DARE you complain about it!

You got problems with me exercisin' ma Free Speech??? Huh? Do ya?

12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

How DARE you complain about it!

You got problems with me exercisin' ma Free Speech??? Huh? Do ya?

I just didn't know what was going on.. I just seen some posts about free speech but really didn't pay too much attention on what was going on..I just seen it being talked about in a few threads.. hehehe

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just didn't know what was going on.. I just seen some posts about free speech but really didn't pay too much attention on what was going on..I just seen it being talked about in a few threads.. hehehe

There may, just possibly, have been a small but annoying conflagration here last night, involving me, that explains it.

I regret everything. I regret nothing.

FIGHT ME!

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

There may, just possibly, have been a small but annoying conflagration here last night, involving me, that explains it.

I regret everything. I regret nothing.

FIGHT ME!

I'm just not around as much as before, so I'm out of the loop on a lot of the goings on these days.. hehehe

7 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Awwww..so adorable.  My husband just mentioned today he'd like to get a kitten.  We lost 2 older cats last year so we're down to one.  My son and I have wanted to get one but thought hubbie wouldn't want another so...might be kitten pics coming soon!

• Like 3

On 7/25/2023 at 1:06 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, if SL has no effects on you, emotionally, intellectually, or otherwise . . .

. . . what exactly brings you to this particular "cartoon"? What are doing here or getting out of it?

To be serious for one moment and answer your question. SL has no effect on my emotions any way other than time for fun, exploration and relaxation. If you treat SL like RL life your looking to get hurt, find trouble and emotionally unstable. This is a virtual world people, relax, your not vulnerable, your not a famous superstar and no one really cares about you tbh. Turn off your computer get some fresh air and clear your senile brains. Sick, lonely people with too much time on their hands.

Edited by Punky Starchild
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.