Does it say something about me if I feel more "vulnerable" as a woman avi?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 hours ago, Missy Starchild said:

The ONLY time I feel any kind of vulnerability is when I rezz into a General or Moderate area and my clothes are not loaded. "Please PLEASE load before an admin sees me" I say as I panic to myself.

Hi Missy! The others saying "don't worry because only a jerk admin would kick you for that" are right. But here's an additional tip: Wear some layer-style lingerie under your clothing. That will rez right along with your body, so you'll never be nude despite SL rendering stupidity. Another method is to be sure your "naughty bits" are alpha'd out, underneath your mesh clothes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2023 at 4:48 PM, Missy Starchild said:

However, there is always a bit of unease when I reject a guy's advances because I have no idea how he is going to respond; many times, they keep badgering me until I block. Another time, I told a guy "No" and he left nasty remarks on my dashboard (thank god for the option to disallow comments).

Yeah the  6 hetero guys left in sl can be... 😐

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Another method is to be sure your "naughty bits" are alpha'd out, underneath your mesh clothes.

Mind, this only works with an alpha layer - often the system body beneath the mesh body renders first, and since that doesn't have the alpha cuts from your HUD on it, even a 'safe' outfit that is fully rendered may show off bits at that stage.

13 hours ago, Missy Starchild said:

I know. I have had people tell me before that I was naked for a little bit, hence my concern.

I always wear BOM underwear on all my avies when clothed (or modesty patches if I don't want bra straps and such). Not only is there the phase during avatar rendering that mesh apparel may not load in before the body does, there's also the fact that anyone can derender parts of your mesh apparel in their viewer to essentially strip you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.