PPLH pipe dream?

Allyn Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

I'm not sure there is much to demand.  😁   P+ already has their 2048sqm parcel tier allotment that can be used right now, that is what is included with the subscription.  The house in a Linden Homes neighborhood is a (currently unavailable) option offered in parallel.  You can have one or the other, but not both.  😉 

I think the "too much demand" was a bunch of people submitting tickets at the same time for the 2048 homes when they are first released as opposed to assuming there would not be enough homes for all PP members....

e.g, too much demand on the "request a home" service if we are allowed to specify a specific 2048 home when they first come out...

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I think the "too much demand" was a bunch of people submitting tickets at the same time for the 2048 homes when they are first released as opposed to assuming there would not be enough homes for all PP members....

e.g, too much demand on the "request a home" service if we are allowed to specify a specific 2048 home when they first come out...

That's how I understood it too.

• Like 1

• Moles
25 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Prediction: There will be a "Game of 2048" at least as annoying as the "Game of Homes".

PP users snarfing up, trading, etc. the new 2048 homes as if they are collector's edition Barbie dolls.

That's why all of the houses will be Pepto-Bismol Pink.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 19
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

I may be in the minority, but I would prefer PPlus homes on 1024 plots with double prims and more spacing between the homes with public land - that's what would make them feel spacious, rather than living next to someone whose ambition is to build out the homes from border to border with their low-skilled add-ons.

I wish the same, more prims, not bigger homes, better spacing, or park areas. Like the old trads on steroids. LOL

• Like 4

On 3/15/2023 at 12:16 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

I think the notion that they're 'starter' homes died a death long ago. I've been here since 2007 and have 5 Bellisserian houses - in each of those 5 regions at least a third of the homes have been claimed by accounts that are 10 or more years old. (Yeah, I'm a data nerd, and did a mini census about a year ago as I was surprised at the scant appearance of newbie owners.) It's more than likely that another third belong to alts of residents who've been in SL for yonks. (<- Brit slang) There are clearly a lot of people who don't consider Linden homes a stepping stone to Mainland.

EDIT: Just went back to my Victorian parcel - 17 houses in the region, and these are the ages of the parcel owners [snip]

On 3/15/2023 at 1:01 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Yes, that is indeed ... or at least was ... LL's rationale for Belli.  But I think of Belli as assisted living for SL oldbies 👩‍🦽.  I sometimes wonder how many LL employees expected that to happen. 

Belli also attracts oldbies because it has an endless air of novelty, as the moles create new themes.   That's an important differentiator between private estates (which, if they're themed, stick to that theme), and Belli.

@Patch Linden

Frigga, your data on the age of your neighbors is similar to what I saw in my region (Barker). There were a couple new accounts, but most were 6 years or older. A few were partnered. Some of the oldies had old prim and sculpt furniture, but most who decorated had nice mesh. Newbie homes tended to be undecorated or very sparcely decorated.

I haven't done a full survey of the region recently, but my home and the others on the ocean corner are very nicely decorated with mesh. 2 of the 4 corner homes have horses. The house behind mine is sparcely decorated by a 2 year old account as a vampire's home. The one behind that is a mid-age account, filled with zombies on the ground level and otherwise not decorated. Overall, the neighborhood looks great, and since it's Victorian there are seldom unclaimed houses for long.

Nika, I love your view of Belli as assisted living for senior residents. I think as many of us find ourselves struggling financially lately in RL, this may be more true than we like to admit. Some have had to downsize our SL spending, but we don't want to give up our Premium lifestyle. Belli gives us a cute little home in an attractive, low-maintenence neighborhood. It might as well be a gated community, in which the landscaping is maintained by others and the riff-raff is kept out, while we can keep our old familiar furniture and beloved little pets.

As for novelty, we can watch the comings and goings of our neighbors, speculating on their virtual lives. We can keep up with community activities in the Bellisseria group as if it were a community newspaper. We can peer over the empty lots being developed a few blocks over, speculating what kind of new neighborhood might develop there. I'm lucky to have an undeveloped region right next to mine, so while I have a nice ocean view now, I also know that someday I'll get to see new houses and a new coastline going in there, and in the meantime I can complain about "When will the LDPW ever finish the road and waterway near me?"

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Prediction: There will be a "Game of 2048" at least as annoying as the "Game of Homes".

PP users snarfing up, trading, etc. the new 2048 homes as if they are collector's edition Barbie dolls.

Yeah, but I very much doubt there will be enough to overwhelm support, particularly since requests per avatar are limited. There will inevitably be PP+ subscribers who choose to stay in 1024's, just as there are Premiums who have chosen to remain in 512's, having used their spare tier elsewhere or just being change-averse.

It mostly depends on the speed of the roll-out, but LL have enough experience launching new themes by now that they ought to be able to strike some kind of balance between people auto-refreshing day and night and having entire continents half-empty. They know what's popular and what isn't, they can make better predictions than we can about how much demand there is actually going to be, and they can plan accordingly.

• Like 3

Just now, Sparkle Bunny said:

Yeah, but I very much doubt there will be enough to overwhelm support, particularly since requests per avatar are limited. There will inevitably be PP+ subscribers who choose to stay in 1024's, just as there are Premiums who have chosen to remain in 512's, having used their spare tier elsewhere or just being change-averse.

It mostly depends on the speed of the roll-out, but LL have enough experience launching new themes by now that they ought to be able to strike some kind of balance between people auto-refreshing day and night and having entire continents half-empty. They know what's popular and what isn't, they can make better predictions than we can about how much demand there is actually going to be, and they can plan accordingly.

Yeah, I saw the "support requests" brought up earlier.  I am only referring to the "real" Game of Homes, where people obsessively wait on the next home, grab it, and dump it for another instead. Not where people put in a request for a specific home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starr Benazzi said:

How do you request a specific area or home? Who do you ask? 

And, if you see one empty, what can you do to get it? It will be snapped up fast!

Read this first. (Relevant paragraph shown in the attached screengrab.) https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000167487-premium-plus-faq

premiumplus.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The price of PPlus that will hold it back. Some will have 10 alts? 😲 I am not there at all. I never had as many as 10 for regular Premium either. If I will pay for PPlus, it will be only one. The price is over what I find responsible to buy more than one of. I don't think it will be so many residents with an army of alts. The world has changed from 2019-2020.

I am halfway hoping I will not like the 2048 homes. I will have 2 regular Premium then, and hope to pick up two good locations when others upgrade to PPlus. I believe it will be some abandons of 1024 homes when that time comes.

• Like 7

I hope it will not be a special covenant for the 2048 houses like there is for Newbrooke. I saw some really fine roof add-ons, and then came the covenant and shut down that possibility.

If we are very, very positive to the new homes, maybe we won't get special restrictions. I am going to be sweet as honey, yes I can be(e).

honey-bee-comb_1308-25097.jpg?w=900&t=st

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

You know what? I love the anticipation and frustration and hair-pulling over new themes, new SSPs, new floorplans, lack of new floorplans, etc., etc., etc. I love guessing what the next theme will be (never got it right yet). I love wanting the home I didn't get - and the thrill of getting one I love months and months later. I love holding onto the "keepers" when I can.

I love having all you wonderful people to complain about this and that to - and cheer about this and that with. I even love kvetching over how things weren't how I WANT THEM TO BE!  😂

I want to thank Patch and the Moles for all they do and hope they keep these beautiful regions and fresh ideas a-comin'! 

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
missing word
  • Like 12

On 3/20/2023 at 8:44 AM, Patch Linden said:

What I'm seeing here again, is the overboard negative tone I was speaking to.  Bait and switch?  A year?   I announced premium plus during SLB June of last year.  I mentioned we would try our very best to have a premium plus home option by the end of the year (another 6 months later) and warned it was aspirational.  We are currently a few months beyond end of year by my calendar, not a full year since we said we would deliver homes, as that was never promised.  We've apologized numerous times for being a bit late, but as I've always maintained we refuse to put something out that we do not feel is ready.  As I've mentioned prior, please do contact support for a refund of your Premium Plus membership if you have one and feel you are not getting the value from it.  

I'm going to send you a direct message with what I was going to post here. We know you're the last person whom would game any system. I'm sorry for my extreme rudeness earlier. I have emotions I can not control more and more often.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 12:14 AM, Nika Talaj said:

When you build things like medical equipment, you come to be grateful for every critique offered by the busy clinicians whom you persuade to try out your new products.  After all, even a critique that seems bizarre may turn out to save a life.

Imaginary houses aren't like medical equipment.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Imaginary houses aren't like medical equipment.

Exactly, yes.  I think my musings were more an attempt to offer Moles another view of critiques that residents make, so that Lindens/Moles wouldn't ALWAYS experience such feedback as negativism.  We all come from different backgrounds; to RL engineers who make their living building things that are large, expensive or critical in some way, critiques are precious.  But not so to artists building pixel homes!  My musings ultimately led me to decide not to offer such feedback.  It seems unwelcome, and by the time we see themes, they are done, so critiques are most likely useless anyway. ETA: And Belli themes are more akin to digital art than to actual buildings; in RL artists create their own vision, they may talk to peers about it, but they don't send it to a focus group!

On my part, such critiques were separate from the question of whether I find a theme appealing.  I have no wish to live in a chalet, but I do think the theme is wonderfully realized - very consistent and amusingly whimsical.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

On 3/21/2023 at 10:22 AM, Fay Starlight said:

I wish the same, more prims, not bigger homes, better spacing, or park areas. Like the old trads on steroids. LOL

this, I don't need a new theme, I don't even want a new theme, I would like to have my house I have now with the prims, I don't need a bigger lot either I wish they would just allow PP members to request more prims. that to me makes the most sense 

16 hours ago, Zombi Boo said:

this, I don't need a new theme, I don't even want a new theme, I would like to have my house I have now with the prims, I don't need a bigger lot either I wish they would just allow PP members to request more prims. that to me makes the most sense 

This thread is about pipe dreams, so there's no harm in wishing for things that are not likely to happen.

Increasing the land impact allowance for existing Bellisseria parcels, but only when owned by a PP member, may make the most sense from an end user perspective, but from a technical and financial perspective, it is completely impractical and would cost way more money than they could hope to make from PP.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

This thread is about pipe dreams, so there's no harm in wishing for things that are not likely to happen.

Increasing the land impact allowance for existing Bellisseria parcels, but only when owned by a PP member, may make the most sense from an end user perspective, but from a technical and financial perspective, it is completely impractical and would cost way more money than they could hope to make from PP.

I've seen posts on the Forum by Lindens, saying that there is no way to increase the LI for a region.

You'd think that would not be such a big deal!

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I've seen posts on the Forum by Lindens, saying that there is no way to increase the LI for a region.

You'd think that would not be such a big deal!

Even if you were to take out the technical and administrative challenges of adding LI based on membership level, it's still a daunting challenge. 

In Belliseria, there's a delicate balance in the way LI is distributed to maintain an acceptable level of performance. To add LI for everyone without creating a huge impact on performance, they'd need to upgrade all the servers, which costs a lot more money than you probably think...a lot more than PP would generate.  

If you want to add LI without impacting performance, then say goodbye to all the beautiful landscaping and shared spaces that make Bellisseria so appealing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

If you want to add LI without impacting performance, then say goodbye to all the beautiful landscaping and shared spaces that make Bellisseria so appealing. 

No way!  I am happy to wait for a new theme myself.  Well I'm not exactly happy waiting but you know what I mean. :)

Edited by Hedy Heartsong
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.