Sharing links with alts.

Salem12014

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

Is there some way to easily share links and other items beteween alts? Every so often one of my alts will stumble across something interesting and want to share the link with the others. Is there some sort of central point where the main and alts of one acccount can share links and other items?

Thanks

1 minute ago, Salem12014 said:

Hi everyone,

Is there some way to easily share links and other items beteween alts? Every so often one of my alts will stumble across something interesting and want to share the link with the others. Is there some sort of central point where the main and alts of one acccount can share links and other items?

Thanks

You can create a group with all your alts and post links in group chat or notices.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I just open up an IM to an alt or three and start dragging LMs into the chat bar. I seem to remember dragging whole folders of LMs. I know I've dropped bunches of LMs into a full perm box prim and passed them that way. 🤷‍♀️

Oh, and notecards. Don't forget dragging and dropping LMs into a notecard to pass.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

You can't share inventory items, unless you created them yourself (or it's otherwise full-perm - but check the creator's Terms of Service for things like mesh items and textures) you can just drop it into the slot at the bottom of your alt's profile to share it.  Or right-click the item in your inventory and select "Share" from the menu, then select your alt's name.

If you have several things to share at once, you can stick them in a box or onto a notecard. You can do this with objects, textures, landmarks etc.

SL accounts are not linked. It's not like an mmorpg where you can have multiple characters and a shared bank or storage. One SL characters purchases cannot be shared with another SL account (unless they are copy & transfer enabled).

Items in SL can be "shared" by sending them to other characters via right click and share (though the object needs to be the correct permissions to allow this).

If it is place locations you want to share the best idea would be to use something like a text editor and simply copy the SLURL to that and save the file somewhere on your computer.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Who the heck makes a LM no copy!?! I've never seen that idiocy before. 😲

They might mean sharing the SLurl and not the actual LM.  Like when we post them here to inworld stores and such.  I often just copy an LM to clipboard and post it in an IM.or chat.  AFAIK, LMs have no permissions at all so to speak.

29 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

They might mean sharing the SLurl and not the actual LM.  Like when we post them here to inworld stores and such.  I often just copy an LM to clipboard and post it in an IM.or chat.  AFAIK, LMs have no permissions at all so to speak.

That's why I wanted to know who was doing it because I wanna know how! 😁

On 2/18/2023 at 9:51 PM, Salem12014 said:

Maybe one day, a new Einstein will emerge and provide a solution to this gargantuan riddle.

In the mean time, I'll resort to this cumbersome feature called 'bookmarks' in my browser.

Oh inventory item links? No.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.