nobody is serious anymore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

There is one thing guaranteed to get someone permabanned. Impersonating a Linden or claiming to work for LL when you don't. LL doesn't ask questions. It's a permanent auto-ban. Another isn't exactly child's play.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Who_are_Lindens%3F#:~:text=Impersonating a Linden&text=Real Lindens adhere to a,Second Life's Terms of Service

When I running my club --- I had a newb toon pop in and telling some they need to "verify" their account with him. His profile had "No payment on file" and used the word Linden in his name.  He was promptly banned and reported via AR. And told people that was a fake Linden --- official staff would have "Employee" in their profile.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This was on the old RA forum, so before mid-2009 or whenever we migrated. Trout didn't come along.

Trout married Oryx Tempel in RL. Last I heard, they were happily living in Oregon or Washington or one of those Pacific NW sorta places. I've seen Oryx pop in world maybe once every few years, but no sign of Trout.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Trout married Oryx Tempel in RL. Last I heard, they were happily living in Oregon or Washington or one of those Pacific NW sorta places. I've seen Oryx pop in world maybe once every few years, but no sign of Trout.

He was at SLU for a while, I seem to recall? Around 2009 or so?

7 hours ago, GC0CKY Cyberstar said:

thanks for the help .. there is no way to get answers to anything on this platform, my bad .. how dare i be curious about anything .. i will forever shut up like you all want .. yay the woke mob shall prevail 

if you just want to know what gets you banned ... read the TOS and guidelines. 
It's pretty clear.

Behave within the lines that are shown there.

Also on a more serious note, if you behave like your mama teached you, and I got raised by my daredevil of grandmother, you are pretty fine without getting banned. Haven't managed to get banned in all my 16 years. I really believe that getting banned is NOTHING that happens by surprise (although some people in some threads are acting totally surprised) you do really need to want it and act like douchepineapple  to get banned.

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
Weird things like letters ugh
  • Like 6

Another one of these "I must have attention" types?   from the quoted message and the replies, I can tell, you must not understand what SL really is for or how to take it as an item many people use as their own life because of maybe a disablity, maybe some social complexe.   I'm sorry you can not grasp it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GC0CKY Cyberstar said:

thanks for the help .. there is no way to get answers to anything on this platform, my bad .. how dare i be curious about anything .. i will forever shut up like you all want .. yay the woke mob shall prevail

If it's an issue of getting suspended --- it's best handled lodging a case ticket at the help desk.

Link: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

• Thanks 1

I got myself banned from about a quarter of the sex sims in SL at one point -- places I had never even been to! The irony is that I got along really quite well with the one sex sim owner who probably did have legitimate reason to be deeply annoyed at me. We chatted, he didn't ban me, and even invited me back. (Which I did, a few times.)

Oh, and I was banned from a number of places during the whole RedZone thing. But that wasn't a surprise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Another one of these "I must have attention" types?   from the quoted message and the replies, I can tell, you must not understand what SL really is for or how to take it as an item many people use as their own life because of maybe a disablity, maybe some social complexe.   I'm sorry you can not grasp it.

Not all are as subtle, and as nuanced! (As we are..)

Edited by Love Zhaoying

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Credit where credit is due, Love. You zinged me. 😏

Broken clock, right twice a day if not digital!

Also, for the benefit of "probably long gone original poster" - they were referring to complete Second Life bans. You're referring to club owners using a banning system that shared user lists, correct?

So, even if they banned you from every club in Second Life, that's not the same as "being banned from Second Life". (I knew what you meant, I'm fairly certain.)

/me is proud 3-day club member.

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Also, for the benefit of "probably long gone original poster" - they were referring to complete Second Life bans. You're referring to club owners using a banning system that shared user lists, correct?

Yep. But the conversation has shifted somewhat, the OP is gone, and really . . . there isn't a simple answer for what was asked originally anyway, other than the answer about impersonating a Linden, or engaging in inappropriate conduct with a child avatar.

Interestingly, the one person I knew well who was permabanned was impersonating a Linden, sort of. He had a parody "Ebbe Linden" Twitter account, and it was convincing enough to take in at least a few people. He wasn't doing it in-world though.

Mind you, he was a pretty toxic personality all round, so there may have been other reasons too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am NOT recommending this...but...if you change your display name to Mole L1nden and set up a '$L to crypto exchange - official!' ATM in a public sandbox, take some people's money then buy a kick HUD and invisiprim for your legs, then go to the next Lab Gab and invade the podium with no legs showing and start kicking Lindens in the air and shouting "SL's dead, Meta is the future!" - I think you might get permabanned 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I got myself banned from about a quarter of the sex sims in SL at one point -- places I had never even been to! The irony is that I got along really quite well with the one sex sim owner who probably did have legitimate reason to be deeply annoyed at me. We chatted, he didn't ban me, and even invited me back. (Which I did, a few times.)

Oh, and I was banned from a number of places during the whole RedZone thing. But that wasn't a surprise.

Believe it or not, tame ol' me also was banned from quite a large number of sex and shopping sims. I had a run in with a particularly vile group owner who had a rule about how no one was allowed to actually chat in the group chat! She was running a photography competition and a couple of slightly newer newbies and myself were discussing it and she used her "power" to oust us. I retaliated by sending her several boxes of virtual All Bran, and she took great delight in telling me how she would be contacting all her friends and they would ban me from their land.

As this was latex wear, some were fetish people with sex clubs where they sold her gear.

I liked the outfits, what can I say, and out of pure spite (!) I travelled around the entire SL world visiting every single one of her sub-stores and even though I was banned from most of them, I was able to alt view and purchase the shiny things I liked. 

Tee hee naughty me.

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I am NOT recommending this...but...if you change your display name to Mole L1nden and set up a '$L to crypto exchange - official!' ATM in a public sandbox, take some people's money then buy a kick HUD and invisiprim for your legs, then go to the next Lab Gab and invade the podium with no legs showing and start kicking Lindens in the air and shouting "SL's dead, Meta is the future!" - I think you might get permabanned 🙂

Another way to get permabanned is get a job as an actual Linden and put everyone underwater or change the physics so everything shunts to the left in an out-of-control fashion, or something to get those servers sizzling, or use your ability to transmit messages to every resident that "Second Life is going to be closing down altogether from midday today" and get the residents really panicking.

Edited by Marigold Devin
I have 2 names and I once knew a back room Linden who was fired
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Uhm, don't discriminate against digital clocks, that's digitalclockphobia. They can be just as right twice a day as an analog clock.... phhh!

Oh, right. I assumed a digital clock may not have power, also it could say things like, "ER:RO:R0" or "E6:5F" due to bad logic or burned out LED/LCD segments, etc.!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.