The Updated Traditional Homes

AzureWaves

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moles
3 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

I was able to get the pack on trads no worries, but I couldn't get one on Swithins Bridge at a Victorian I have there, which is actually on my main account...lol

edit: I put in a ticket as well

I've found your house on Swithin's Bridge and fixed the issue, I think.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

Awesome thanks!

Did you raid the fridge too?

LOL

I was able to get my Trad box but I am still unable to get content creation pack at my Vic and my Stilt.  I did rest the box at the stilt just now and did get, it......fixed

Edited by Hedy Heartsong
update
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Andrea Riverview said:

I've also checked my block list, no mole or linden blocked. Tried a reset, I can rez house models, but can't get the content creation pack. It says it will send it to me, but nothing...

Wow, Quartz on duty, and fixed the controller. And on Thanksgiving Day!  You moles are the best.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

I've found your house on Swithin's Bridge and fixed the issue, I think.

My alt Alycia has been trying different houses to try to collect the content creation packs before she downgrades to Basic. Last weekend she was able to get the packs for a Fantasy, Chalet, Newbrook, Sakura and Log Home. A few days ago, she couldn't get the packs for a Stilt Home (pier), Camper, and Houseboat. Today she couldn't get it for another Stilt Home, nor the Security System for it. I tried on my Victorian, and couldn't get them either. 

Maybe the problem started when the mailboxes & etc. were updated?

The Town Hall community center for the Traditionals is gorgeous, by the way. Original and useful.  🙂 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We do not know for sure that they will update the Log homes.

I do not think we do, or at least I don't.  Log Homes already support custom colors, so the need to update them isn't as pressing as it was for the Traditionals and House Boats.  I do know that a lot of people would love to see some new Log Home models, so I guess time will tell. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Desjah Lock said:

With the houseboats, are custom wall colors an option on the four older models or just with the four new models?  And any word on the campers being updated to support custom wall colors?

The custom walls are only an option for the newer houseboat models.  

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

The open floor plans are great but can we get some new traditional models instead? :(

Yes, I was sad to see no new models. Especially since all other themes got so big houses. Traditionals feels like cottages to me now. LL could have made other Traditional houses in the same style and colors, but made them bigger, like the Newbrooke sizes.

5 hours ago, Helene Letov said:

Yes, I was sad to see no new models. Especially since all other themes got so big houses. Traditionals feels like cottages to me now. LL could have made other Traditional houses in the same style and colors, but made them bigger, like the Newbrooke sizes.

This assumes that they could do so without significantly increasing the LI.  The Traditional Homes areas of Bellisseria were constructed in situ.  The balance between the LI used for the homes and the surrounding landscaping was not preplanned to the extent that the other themes were.  That's not to say that it couldn't be done, but it's not as easy as it sounds if the initial models prioritized low LI.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Helene Letov said:

2 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

This assumes that they could do so without significantly increasing the LI.  The Traditional Homes areas of Bellisseria were constructed in situ.  The balance between the LI used for the homes and the surrounding landscaping was not preplanned to the extent that the other themes were.  That's not to say that it couldn't be done, but it's not as easy as it sounds if the initial models prioritized low LI.  

It's not just the LI that has to be taken into account.  When they start landscaping, they use a lego-like piece to represent the outside dimensions of the combined homes to ensure that no tree branches will poke through into the house.  Because of that, there is pretty much no way they can allow the existing Traditional home regions to have new models that are larger than the current ones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

But.It's not just the LI that has to be taken into account.  When they start landscaping, they use a lego-like piece to represent the outside dimensions of the combined homes to ensure that no tree branches will poke through into the house.  Because of that, there is pretty much no way they can allow the existing Traditional home regions to have new models that are larger than the current ones.

But...but..but...there were a lot of add ons for the traditionals that increased the footprint. I don't remember a single one I used that had trees poking into it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

But...but..but...there were a lot of add ons for the traditionals that increased the footprint. I don't remember a single one I used that had trees poking into it.

But I don't think the Moles can guarantee that a larger house footprint would not encounter that problem without actually checking every single existing Traditional region.

I'm just giving the info that was previously given to us by the Moles on how the landscaping was done in combination with figuring out the house placement on a parcel.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sevenrider Heartsong said:

Updated? All the walls were removed, that's it.

Reading is such a valuable skill, don't you agree?  Here is the announcement of the update.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/435708-the-new-linden-homes-update-post/page/2/#comment-2534930

The "My Colors" interface to allow custom tinting of interior walls was also added, as well as a couple of other goodies.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I have full belief in that the Moles can build new models that does not increase the Li of the previous ones. Their skill is increasing, not dwindling.

20 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It's not just the LI that has to be taken into account.  When they start landscaping, they use a lego-like piece to represent the outside dimensions of the combined homes to ensure that no tree branches will poke through into the house.  Because of that, there is pretty much no way they can allow the existing Traditional home regions to have new models that are larger than the current ones.

19 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

I remember one of the one-story models possibly having a u-shape? They could likely use that whole footprint (the rectangle) for a two-story model. They could also do a full two-story based on the Winchester footprint.

Unless the new houses were to touch the borders, overhanging branches would not be an issue.

I have made huge add-ons for myself, and yes, in one case I made a 2 floor add-on and placed it almost on the border edge. That add-on had a branch touching it.

But it is a difference between placing houses 0,5 m from the border, or several m from the border. The yellow house has a lower add-on. It is still as close to the border as possible, without the overhanging roof touching it.

bedr_005.jpg.abc5423e12ae19bf99cc58d8e6b98836.jpg

1421801744_smalladdon_003a.jpg.da2c26d21df5c517e8713c4e102801ff.jpg

You could go only 2 m in three directions from an original house, and the overhanging branch problem is an imagined issue. 

The bottom picture show a green chair. It is one of a set of four, with a firepit in the middle. All chairs was inside the border. That direction has a lot of open garden space. 

tower_001ed.thumb.jpg.f9d9cde12bb5855bad3ef1f310f5f7cc.jpg

The Continental with the porch may look like Mole trees are very close to the left. But it is not Mole trees. It was a wide strip of open lawn between the porch and the border, and I planted the trees there myself. I also planted the low tree to the right inside the borders.

It must have been sold hundreds and hundreds of the big wrap around porch. I bet it is the most popular add-on for the Continental. A new footprint the size of the house with porch would have branches touch it? 

I am thinking it is more a case of time and labor. And f LL decided to use the Moles on other projects, who am I to protest.

I wished for more models, but LL never promised us new models. They said we should be able to pick colors, and later they said open plans. So they kept their word, and more can't we ask for. I wished for more, I am a selfish person.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.