How many Linden Homes do you have today?

AzureWaves

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 hours ago, Andrea Riverview said:

Same here, Gingir, 😉. Yes, I have more than one. There seems to be some virtue-shaming going on here, as in "I ONLY have one". If I chose to have a dozen, and pay for them all, who cares?

Literally no-one. The only shame I'm seeing is from people who refuse to admit they have that many; not because it's shameful to spend a lot of money and own a lot of stuff, but because it's shameful, in most cultures, to say you have a lot of money and own a lot of stuff. It's just not a classy look, and that's why the OP's never going to get a straight answer from the more dedicated home-collectors.

Which is fine, because how many houses you own is neither the OP's business nor anyone else's; and also, yeah, I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly how many fountain pens or notebooks I own either, because that's how collecting works. I have no trouble believing that there are people out there who have literally lost count, and aren't just saying so to be coy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

it's shameful, in most cultures, to say you have a lot of money and own a lot of stuff. It's just not a classy look

I grew up with that thinking.  Yet, as I've gotten older, I've discovered that those that play the "Keeping up with the Jones" game love telling others about how much stuff they have, and even how much that stuff cost.   However, I do believe there is a lot of exaggeration going on in that game.  I just roll my eyes at said people.

• Like 1

ALL of them... ha ha ha!

-------------------------------------------------------

SMACK! Sorry, that was time-traveler diamond from a future virtual world where time-travel is allowed. She was making a joke because (according to her) there are NO Linden Homes in the future.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

When I read "How many Linden homes do you have?", all I can think of is, "How many Premium accounts are you paying for?". 

Though not all Premium accounts will have a Linden Home. 

I currently have no Linden Homes, but still have 3 Premium accounts - though it is likely I'll drop 2 of them when they next come up for renewal.

• Like 3

I have two Premium accounts with homes. I was absolutely desperate for a 1024 Newbrooke near Linden water and kept landing the same properties every day so for a change tried a chalet and got the most incredibly lovely spot. So I did the game of homes in my other one, again for a 1024 Newbrooke near water, same was happening with the same being offered up each day so I chose a Traditional and got an amazing plot with her too. When the pound starts to recover against the dollar and I can up my pocket money again I will probably go Premium on another alt and be Newbrooke hunting again 😄

• Like 4

On 11/1/2022 at 7:27 AM, Leora Greenwood said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many cuz I get attached and can't let go and thennnnnnnnnnn LL releases another new theme and I haaaaaaaaaaave to try one of those homes too, right?  Right????  Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh...........

yea I have a similar problem. I get a nice location (not necessarily an epic location), decorate it and fall in in love with it after having decorated. This makes it very had to give it up.

For that reason I now have 6 linden homes that I consider keepers. I almost never roll for a home when I have a free premium alt, cuz I am afraid I will land something I love and my number will go up again. I also have a couple of premium accounts I use to pay for a mainland tier.

My goal is to eventually get down to three linden homes.

But all my premiums are annuals who dont expire for half a year or more, so I dont feel a great rush to reduce homes just yet.

• Like 6

I have one Linden Home and even that is an accident, I usually don't have any. My two main premium accounts , including myself, have all the tier wrapped up in mainland. I upped another alt to Premium last year but I don't need her tier this year so the intention was to downgrade her back to Basic. Only - I forgot to do that until a week after it was paid again. So rather than put her tier back into my group, which would tempt me to buy more mainland and end up needing to keep her premium permanently, I've decided to go Linden Home-hopping instead.  

She's had a Fantasy one already, and is currently in a Stilt. I intend to go through all the themes, to collect the content and textures, and then let her go back to basic next year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 12:06 AM, CalypsoJewel said:

None, because i'm still a bitter hag over losing my dream house to system screwups and watching it hardly get used.

Meanwhile I've been chilling at a friend's LH.

I'm sure your dream house will eventually come available. I've stalked a few homes and managed to get a Trad back that I regretted giving up. Now that availability is up, I'm more relaxed about staying or hopping. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fay Starlight said:

The hardly used part confuses me? o.O

I've seen homes on beautiful waterways that are from the original rollout of Bellisseria. They stand empty. They are gorgeous locations, but nobody knows the reasons that people hang onto locations. Maybe if they decorated, they wouldn't want to stay. That happens to me all the time. 😊

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.