22 minutes ago, BillFletcher said:

I never notice any issues, I have the most wonderfully amazing conversations. Oh wait I only talk to one person anyway.

LOL, you would have to be reading local too...not just Cirleen's IM's...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bagnu said:

You know, as funny as what you and I are saying sounds,  that IS what I'm actually seeing. I'm disgusted at the behaviour of some of the people in the G regions. In A regions, people are much more respectful of each other. They aren't there to stir up trouble, or report people. They are there to be a part of the experience. As I have said before, many men ASK permission, even in a forced sex SIM (which peeves my wife Caitlin to no end). I've seen more creeps in a few hours in G regions than I have in my 3 years of being in SL on A !!!

Peeve: I feel slightly insulted by this.  I hang out in G regions and rarely see griefers.  I love G and M regions for the low impact of relationship drama.  Yawn 🥱.  I go to those regions to have fun for the sake of fun with no mission beyond that.  Just to balance the view, hanging out in A regions seems to make people feel entitled to asking every passing person for help with their personal sexual fantasy and then many get bent out of shape if you don't play along.  Granted, I am usually just giggling at the awkward entitled pickup lines people use, but this is a peeve about a peeve, so we'll just look the other way.

Again, I hang out in G regions. 😝

Peeve: I feel too mellow to work up a really good response to this drivel, but let me try.

HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME AND CALL MY BEHAVIOR DISGUSTING AND INSINUATE THAT I AM A CREEP FOR BEING IN A G REGION!!!! 

How was that?  Was I properly and publicly perturbed byyour  post?  

ppppppp

I even used all caps.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I really haven't noticed a difference between behaviour in G, M, or A rated areas. I go indiscriminately to all of them (although very very seldom to hookup or sex places), and I just don't see a difference. Honestly, in most cases I'm not even aware that I'm in an A rated area unless (as happened last night, coincidentally) someone points it out to me.

I think it might have more to do with the nature and function of the region / parcel than with its rating?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I really have no clue about what rating a region has that I visit.
I don't even do region names. I have two plots, one in Belli and one on private land.
If there was some quiz going on and I would get the 10,000 dollar question "Name the 2 regions you have land holdings on". I would not stand a chance.
Ratings are totally overrated.
Meeting a fool or an idiot in G M of A is meeting a fool or an idiot.
Same goes for nice people.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Saterdays can't last long enough.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Griefers go where they imagine they're causing the most disruption, often via pushing the boundaries in a sexual manner, and so G-rated sims would be optimal for them.

It's not just the griefers.  I'm not impressed by the level of conversation in general  in "general". 

I know, it must be hard when people talk about something besides kinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      pokes u  ;0

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve: I feel slightly insulted by this.  I hang out in G regions and rarely see griefers.  I love G and M regions for the low impact of relationship drama.  Yawn 🥱.  I go to those regions to have fun for the sake of fun with no mission beyond that.  Just to balance the view, hanging out in A regions seems to make people feel entitled to asking every passing person for help with their personal sexual fantasy and then many get bent out of shape if you don't play along.  Granted, I am usually just giggling at the awkward entitled pickup lines people use, but this is a peeve about a peeve, so we'll just look the other way.

Again, I hang out in G regions. 😝

Peeve: I feel too mellow to work up a really good response to this drivel, but let me try.

HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME AND CALL MY BEHAVIOR DISGUSTING AND INSINUATE THAT I AM A CREEP FOR BEING IN A G REGION!!!! 

How was that?  Was I properly and publicly perturbed byyour  post?  

ppppppp

I even used all caps.

Um, Cinny, where did I call your behaviour disgusting, or insinuate that you are a creep for hanging out in "G" regions? I quote myself: " I'm disgusted at the behaviour of some of the people in the G regions". You are NOT, and I repeat, NOT included in that!!!

You spend a lot of time with Caitlin and me. You are very well aware that when we are in a sex sim, you give implied consent to for every passing person to ask for help with their sexual fantasy. They ARE entitled to ask. That IS the purpose of the SIM. If they get bent out of shape if you refuse, that's their problem not yours. 

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I go to lots of places, and I rarely encounter bad behavior, but there's some brewing up here.  How long is it since Quartz warned us all about arguments and slagging people off?  *thwacks you arguing people*

It's just 10AM on a Saturday morning in San Franscisco he is still sleeping.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bagnu said:

You know, as funny as what you and I are saying sounds,  that IS what I'm actually seeing. I'm disgusted at the behaviour of some of the people in the G regions. In A regions, people are much more respectful of each other. They aren't there to stir up trouble, or report people. They are there to be a part of the experience. As I have said before, many men ASK permission, even in a forced sex SIM (which peeves my wife Caitlin to no end). I've seen more creeps in a few hours in G regions than I have in my 3 years of being in SL on A !!!

When Zindra adult continent was formed, I was expecting Sodom and Gomorrah over there, but definitely found some people more civilised there than I had before on the G and M rated regions.

It might be because, when people are given permission to do adult stuff in a designated place, it doesn't attract the would-be rebels, the ones who probably stopped drinking in real life because they reached legal age to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, here's something I didn't know, and one reason to actually visit the Motown Welcome Hub: there's a new art gallery there!

Which I hope will be rotating exhibitions. In any case, full points to LL for highlighting at a welcome area art within SL!

(Sorry, this isn't a peeve, is it? Ok. Um. I'm peeved I wasn't asked! There.)

https://modemworld.me/2023/09/02/discovering-art-at-motown-in-second-life/

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, here's something I didn't know, and one reason to actually visit the Motown Welcome Hub: there's a new art gallery there!

Which I hope will be rotating exhibitions. In any case, full points to LL for highlighting at a welcome area art within SL!

(Sorry, this isn't a peeve, is it? Ok. Um. I'm peeved I wasn't asked! There.)

https://modemworld.me/2023/09/02/discovering-art-at-motown-in-second-life/

I'd be Peeved if the art isn't all about Detroit or Motown.

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Oh hell no

Sorry, disagree. They have the right to ASK. Otherwise there is no purpose to the SIM. Assuming of of course it is a SIM dedicated to sex.

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Oh hell no

Well, they can ask, I suppose. They might not like my answer.

I suppose people have the right to "ask" whatever they want, wherever they want. But this whole "implied consent" thing is a really scary, slippery slope . . . even in SL.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Um, Cinny, where did I call your behaviour disgusting, or insinuate that you are a creep for hanging out in "G" regions? I quote myself: " I'm disgusted at the behaviour of some of the people in the G regions". You are NOT, and I repeat, NOT included in that!!!

You spend a lot of time with Caitlin and me. You are very well aware that when we are in a sex sim, you give implied consent to for every passing person to ask for help with their sexual fantasy. They ARE entitled to ask. That IS the purpose of the SIM. If they get bent out of shape if you refuse, that's their problem not yours. 

42 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I go to lots of places, and I rarely encounter bad behaviour, but there's some brewing up here.  How long is it since Quartz warned us all about arguments and slagging people off?  *thwacks you arguing people*

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Oh hell no

@Rowan Amore Right?  Existing in a region is not implied consent

@Garnet Psaltery  I am teasing Sandor.  We are friends and I was picking on his uncomplimentary choice to pick on regions that aren't A rated knowing dang well my peeve was completely made up.

@Bagnu hush, don't take away my made-up rabid raging.  What will I peeve about?  I have so few peeves.

Peeve: People playing down my pretend peeves.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1