2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I have a biscotti problem.

I had to stop buying them.

/me adds biscotti to my shopping list.

Peeve: When I have lots of nice things to eat in my home already but someone makes me crave something I have not got and the all-night garage is closed!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And, as it happens, the exhibit has been much more successful than I had even hoped. We got a lovely review from Inara Pey a couple of days ago. So, it's all good, and I'm happy!

You also got a nice shoutout on the ATG Entertainment Weekly -- CONGRATS !!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I find the cheapest UK ones are from a guy on eBay UK (though I haven't looked for a while...) They are pricey though...the only horrible one I ever had was sake 🤢 But I REALLY recommend wasabi, I know it sounds like it won't work, but it's very mild and tastes incredible! :P I think there are another 100 flavours I've never tried, lol.

Japan is mad on KitKat this video shows off most if not all flavours they have available. there is a UK v US video too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkDmgOk1UsA&pp=ygUGa2l0a2F0

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Oh, the USA has quite a few more options, like key lime pie!

The only variations I've seen here in Canada are orange (which is lovely, and tastes pretty close to an orange Club bar) and, I think, lemon?

• Like 1

Where are the good old days that one only had potato chips in two flavors. With and without salt.
Why has everything to taste like everything else possible now a days?
Is there peanut butter flavored cheese cake on the market yet? Or like bubble gum tasting crisps?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sid Nagy said:

Where are the good old days that one only had potato chips in two flavors. With and without salt.
Why has everything to taste like everything else possible now a days?
Is there peanut butter flavored cheese cake on the market yet? Or like bubble gum tasting crisps?

Sid, don't act like this is new. 😂

I'm not sure about you guys, but over here, the 80s were a TIME for those gross food mixes. Back then, it was the cereals that companies were busy mad sciencing - and sodas, LOL. Oh god, the bad memories. Now there's a good peeve - the 80s! 🤣 

Vintage-80s-cereal-brands-and-flavors.jp

80s-Cereal-1.jpg

ffd787c4059256334d7bc07e25e22106.jpg

lifesavers.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

None of them beat chocolate I think. 

I really wish they made a dark chocolate, then I could say to myself that I'm not cheating. Hehehe

I know I've had them here in the US.  I haven't looked recently, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I know I've had them here in the US.  I haven't looked recently, though.

I looked at the website for Publix, the regional supermarket I use, and they only list the standard KitKat flavor (plus one other).

Peeve!  Probably if I went to an Asian supermarket, they would have an assortment.  

17 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Sid, don't act like this is new. 😂

No it is not new, but still a big peeve.
Why there have to be 20 different chips varieties from 7 different brands in a supermarket?

It is total madness IMHO.
And it is still getting worse and worse but the shop space doesn't increase that fast.

So each product gets less and less shelve space and are therefor not always available, because the filling crews can't keep up.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:
16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

"Quisp" definitely feels like a 70's memory for me!

That's one of the few I don't remember. And certainly never tasted. Was that 70s?

Yep, the super-retro design / bizarre name + "space theme" are one clue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Why there have to be 20 different chips varieties from 7 different brands in a supermarket is total madness.

The flavor explosion is relatively new. 

The "big brands" have a lot of extra "regional" flavors for instance in Asian countries, as in the KitKat example.  I've seen this also with imported Doritos and Pringles flavors that are from Korea, Japan, etc.

However, most BRANDS in the US are really controlled by only a few companies.  I saw it on TikTok, so it must be true!

8 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

They sound like terrible days :( You were deprived of Flamin' Hot Monster Munch and Walkers Thai Sweet Chilli crisps!

image.jpeg.1d3a63d34354b9b11cec59434794326f.jpeg

Yum yum pig's bum :P

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

No it is not new, but still a big peeve.
Why there have to be 20 different chips varieties from 7 different brands in a supermarket?

It is total madness IMHO.
And it is still getting worse and worse but the shop space doesn't increase that fast.

So each product gets less and less shelve space and are therefor not always available, because the filling crews can't keep up.

I'll agree with you on the flavor overload! In one case, with Lays chips, they opened up contests for people to name their next flavor, so you got a lot of wild combinations that just should never exist. Gross. 🤢

I don't really mind it so much, though. As long as I can still find a basic sour cream & onion or some (preferably imported) plain dark chocolate, I'm good if other people want to eat Chesapeake Bay crab-flavored chips LOL.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:
57 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

They sound like terrible days :( You were deprived of Flamin' Hot Monster Munch and Thai Sweet Chilli crisps!

My favorite "weird" flavors include "Salt and Vinegar"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1