20 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Oh yay! Two more stores for me to favorite/watch!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Seems so many people just dump their pics on EVERY group they're a member of, regardless of it fitting in or not...eg pics of shoes in face pic groups etc.

Ughh - I hate that soooo much.

I have many Flickr related peeves.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

If I wanted a string and a bandaid, I'd buy that, but I want a swimsuit.

Quite a while back I got tired of the bikini offerings and switched to mostly retro two piece sets.  I've always loved the retro designs anyway.

I do still have a few older true bikinis, from before everything turned into butt-floss. 

• Like 5

Yeah, I don't do most social media (referencing the Flickr group woes expressed above and on the last page) because it's not really social, just media. One day people will be called n00bs for trying to communicate on social media because they don't realize it's all just a bunch of automated, paid advertising and marketing that people scroll when they're bored or post stuff on for money.

Having your pictures, which you put thought, time, and even love into, rejected from a group because they're not serving the content creators with enough marketing "pizzazz" and ad-slaving credits is just disheartening. They don't deserve the page views.

As for swimsuits, I feel the same pain as everyone else. Truth be told, certain parts of swimsuits are extremely difficult to rig so that they don't look extremely funky when you walk, due to inconsistencies between the SL skeleton and any semi-realistic mesh body that it's wearing. It's not all just the "skank factor" at work. It takes serious skill to make modest delicates that look right when you move.

Finding a swimsuit that doesn't look like the equivalent of a womens' Halloween costume (you know, the stripper version of whatever costume you actually wanted to wear?) is almost impossible. I still wear my victorian boy's one-piece swim-longjohns most of the time, just so people don't assume I'm out swimming to find a "daddy". They can think I'm a femboy, I don't care. I'm just out to enjoy my daily swim.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2

On 5/18/2023 at 12:33 AM, PermaRuthed said:

I nearly got knocked over by some idiot speeding on a scooter on the sidewalk this morning. Last week I nearly got run over by a car turning into the street as if I wasn't even on the crosswalk, and I had the right of way. Both men acted as if I'm part of dead air and continued on their merry way. The invisible woman syndrome is real and it's going to get me killed one of these days.

You and me both Sunshine! 

I join you very much in this peeve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This peeve is too funny not to share. Peeve: I'm a doofus. 100% doofus.

I spend months...MONTHS...troubleshooting skins on my Evo X heads. Grab demos, try demos, flail, stomp, whyyy, whyyy am I broken? The issue - a strange highlight that appears just under the nose. Every shade, every brand. Light skins, dark skins, fantasy skins! Velour skins, Pumec skins, Ives skins, Amara skins. Without fail...my noooose!

image.png

So, today I was determined to fix this. I tried some Izzie's nose fixes. Nope. Relog, swap to a starter avatar and rebuild piece by piece, try the same skins/head on my alt and have my friend do the same (they looked FINE!), grab a head redelivery, mess with shapes, mess with sliders. Everything - nope! 

FINALLY, it occurs to me to try shifting the lighting. I live in CalWL, but let's try moving the sun around a bit. Hey wait, the discoloration's gone...wat? Move to a different area of the house and into the shadows...and my nose is fine. Um...what???? Set my parcel to Midnight, rez a poseball, go for a slide around the house... no freaking way...what is this light under my floor in the entryway????

image.png

A few moments later...oh wait...don't tell me... *moves cam under the floor to the water prim I placed underneath the house when creating my outdoor pond months ago...that's casting light...right where I always STAND (and where my home position is set).* THAT'S what was causing weird issues with my skins this entire tiiiime.

Yes, that's right - step back a few paces, and the problem's entirely gone. This explains why my alt doesn't have this issue, as I have her home position set elsewhere in the house. This also explains why my PVC pants always look so damn good when standing in the entryway, but kind of dull out everywhere else I go. 😂 AHHH.

dosequis-beer.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

12 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

This peeve is too funny not to share. Peeve: I'm a doofus. 100% doofus.

I spend months...MONTHS...troubleshooting skins on my Evo X heads. Grab demos, try demos, flail, stomp, whyyy, whyyy am I broken? The issue - a strange highlight that appears just under the nose. Every shade, every brand. Light skins, dark skins, fantasy skins! Velour skins, Pumec skins, Ives skins, Amara skins. Without fail...my noooose!

image.png

So, today I was determined to fix this. I tried some Izzie's nose fixes. Nope. Relog, swap to a starter avatar and rebuild piece by piece, try the same skins/head on my alt and have my friend do the same (they looked FINE!), grab a head redelivery, mess with shapes, mess with sliders. Everything - nope! 

FINALLY, it occurs to me to try shifting the lighting. I live in CalWL, but let's try moving the sun around a bit. Hey wait, the discoloration's gone...wat? Move to a different area of the house and into the shadows...and my nose is fine. Um...what???? Set my parcel to Midnight, rez a poseball, go for a slide around the house... no freaking way...what is this light under my floor in the entryway????

image.png

A few moments later...oh wait...don't tell me... *moves cam under the floor to the water prim I placed underneath the house when creating my outdoor pond months ago...that's casting light...right where I always STAND (and where my home position is set).* THAT'S what was causing weird issues with my skins this entire tiiiime.

Yes, that's right - step back a few paces, and the problem's entirely gone. This explains why my alt doesn't have this issue, as I have her home position set elsewhere in the house. This also explains why my PVC pants always look so damn good when standing in the entryway, but kind of dull out everywhere else I go. 😂 AHHH.

dosequis-beer.gif

I kind of did the same thing.  I couldn't figure out one wall in my bedroom seemed to have a glow.  I'd forgotten I'd set up a spotlight for a picture and turned the box it was in transparent.  Oopsie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I kind of did the same thing.  I couldn't figure out one wall in my bedroom seemed to have a glow.  I'd forgotten I'd set up a spotlight for a picture and turned the box it was in transparent.  Oopsie.

LMAO. When that usually happens to me, it's mostly the case of something being set to full bright by mistake.

The part where it took months to figure it out, tho. Do I never walk around when trying things on, orrrr...? 🤣

• Haha 1

The bunnies have tunneled out of their enclosure and made a break for freedom.   Well Muffin anyway.  Mel just sat in there eating and watching us chase her around the backyard.  And of course I would stand on the part they dug under and fall down it lol

This is why I prefer cats!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jordan Whitt said:

The bunnies have tunneled out of their enclosure and made a break for freedom.   Well Muffin anyway.  Mel just sat in there eating and watching us chase her around the backyard.  And of course I would stand on the part they dug under and fall down it lol

This is why I prefer cats!!

Bury some chicken wire around the inside edge of the enclosure, then fill in the hole.

Oh, and an ankle brace so you don't roll your ankle while bunny wrangling 😄

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Bury some chicken wire around the inside edge of the enclosure, then fill in the hole.

Oh, and an ankle brace so you don't roll your ankle while bunny wrangling 😄

Done that.  The cheeky blighters have dug from the middle of the enclosure, under their hutch and out to freedom.  Prisons would be nothing to these two!!! 

• Haha 3

Next peeve.

It's Monday evening and I'm doing my weekly online shopping order to pickup at the supermarket tomorrow.  All going well, many things on special, I don't overspend (rarity).  So I get to the part about booking the pickup time...

NEXT AVAILABLE SLOT - SATURDAY!!!

Wtf?!?!?!

Now I have to ACTUALLY do the shopping like a normal person!

dean-winchester.gif.913887ef33ef0445c3716370ec070d01.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Next peeve.

It's Monday evening and I'm doing my weekly online shopping order to pickup at the supermarket tomorrow.  All going well, many things on special, I don't overspend (rarity).  So I get to the part about booking the pickup time...

NEXT AVAILABLE SLOT - SATURDAY!!!

Wtf?!?!?!

Now I have to ACTUALLY do the shopping like a normal person!

dean-winchester.gif.913887ef33ef0445c3716370ec070d01.gif

No, no, no. That's his ring finger. Now I'm peeved.

Dry climates.  While there are definitely negatives to super humid climates, very dry ones suck also.  I kept shocking myself (static electricity) as I was vacuuming the upstairs, which is almost fully carpeted.  Thank goodness there is no carpet downstairs - just a few rugs here and there.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I kept shocking myself

Peeve: I shock myself whenever I look in the mirror, and wonder who that old guy is.

(static electricity)

I had a teacher once who always kept her hair up in a bun. One day she showed us why: she undid her bun, her hair stood on end, and static electricity visibly and audibly cracked and popped around her hair.

• Haha 2

Dry climates.  While there are definitely negatives to super humid climates, very dry ones suck also.  I kept shocking myself (static electricity) as I was vacuuming the upstairs, which is almost fully carpeted.  Thank goodness there is no carpet downstairs - just a few rugs here and there.

*replaces all your cotton socks with wool ones*

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Whole house humidifier. Surprisingly affordable.  I'd die in winter here without one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Whole house humidifier. Surprisingly affordable.  I'd die in winter here without one.

Yeah, we have 2 large free-standing humidifiers downstairs, but not for upstairs.  Haven't typically had a major problem up there before.