Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

I just want to point out that everyone loved Betty White as Rose. 😊 

Betty White was an absolute joy and I'm still not letting myself admit she's gone!

Both she and Doris Day will forever be alive in the imaginary world I've created for myself.

• Like 8

Well would you look at that ... Fifty pages (which I have not even gotten into the thirties yet) of thread, essentially going exactly as I've suspected it would (with some of the exact BS 'arguments' being made across a bevy of semi-related topics) ...

All sparked by what amounts to a tabloid article that could have been addressed well enough with a boilerplate announcement and a blackout on it from there.

Ah well. Hopefully people have worked it out of their systems.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Peeve:
8kb0jx.jpg

50 pages means 30 - 40 pages of discussing in circles in a forum thread.
Every forum.
No exceptions.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

All sparked by what amounts to a tabloid article that could have been addressed well enough with a boilerplate announcement and a blackout on it from there.

M'yeah like that would work. Just prompts people to go elsewhere and talk about the issues.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Ah well. Hopefully people have worked it out of their systems.

I guess that was the main reason why the Lab decided that the thread could continue past the first post  in the first place

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

M'yeah like that would work. Just prompts people to go elsewhere and talk about the issues.

What happens in other places is not the responsibility of Linden Lab. These forums are.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve:
8kb0jx.jpg

50 pages means 30 - 40 pages of discussing in circles in a forum thread.
Every forum.
No exceptions.

Always a few who are lost but are convinced they can lead the people to the promised land  Then just wind up walking and talking in circles in the desert.

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Always a few who are lost but are convinced they can lead the people to the promised land  Then just wind up walking and talking in circles in the desert.

Peeve: Just like the people who always only show up to try to stir the pot whenever possible.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Small text improvements.
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

No but it reflects on the Lab's reputation or lack of.

As long as it is not discussed in the NYT, or on Fox News or similar, the impact will be very low IMHO.
SL is a non issue for 99.999% of the world population for years already.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Small text improvements (again).
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Windows 11 doesn't allow me to move my taskbar.  I like it at the top of my desktop, not the bottom.  I installed explorer patcher, so that I can have it at the top and it works okay, but I don't understand why Microsoft would think it was a good idea to prevent users from moving it around to where they want.

Oh and mixed reality portal doesn't work with it for some reason, I think Microsoft stopped support for it and now I just get the message that it can't be installed.  I did have it working the other day, with my older VR goggles and that was exciting, but yesterday I started getting the message that it can not update.  I'll have to figure out how to get it working again, because I am not quite ready to drop a few hundred dollars in a newer VR set.

I wanted to go to the renaissance faire, but yesterday's forecast showed today to be raining most of the day.. so I decided to call it off 🥹  We did not get a single drop of rain today.

Aaand my ankles ache, I walked seven miles today (11 km) while hiking.  I hate when my ankles ache..  I need an ankle lock because right now they feel a bit deformed.

There, got all of my peeves out for the day, on the plus side I love my new computer, at least my VR goggles work (I thought they died), and I got to enjoy a gorgeous day that was supposed to be raining out all day.  Now, I get to have a few drinks and play in SL for a few hours.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

pffft.....away too long...started reading a locked thread...and it was closed before somebody enlightened me as to why we're sent the cactus pics...

Peeve

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Betty White was an absolute joy and I'm still not letting myself admit she's gone!

Both she and Doris Day will forever be alive in the imaginary world I've created for myself.

The older she got, the better she got.. I love when her and Ryan Reynolds did that funny behind the scenes skit on The Proposal, when she flipped him off.. hehehe

I was in tears laughing.

• Like 4