Pet Peeve:

When daring to point out a bad symbol in someone's tattoo, (all i said was that it was an unfortunate tattoo), gets you dogpiled in hateful instant messages (to clarify, not by the one with the picture) and reprimanded by group moderators to say only nice things or nothing at all.

I guess that's one less photography group to participate in.

Edited by ValKalAstra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, ValKalAstra said:

all i said was that it was an unfortunate tattoo

"Unfortunate" is, unfortunately, often used when being extra critical.  Example, "Oh my, that's an unfortunate haircut."

LOL

But at least you were honest!  ++bonus points!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

Peeve: Trying not to think about a pink elephant. The more I ignore the elephant, the bigger it gets!

4 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

Please let's drop the subject.

(This is not a request).

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

Peeve: Trying not to think about a pink elephant. The more I ignore the elephant, the bigger it gets!

Seek medical help...

Seeing pink elephants" is a euphemism for hallucinations caused by delirium tremens or alcoholic hallucinosis, especially the former.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So not sure if peeves are serious or not having seen some of these, but I'll give it a go:

When I imagine a object and my brain can't stop imagining it spinning? Like I try to mentally stop it from spinning but it just goes faster. Might be a autism thing but it really annoys me when I'm trying to mentally visualize something.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chaser Zaks said:

So not sure if peeves are serious or not having seen some of these, but I'll give it a go:

When I imagine a object and my brain can't stop imagining it spinning? Like I try to mentally stop it from spinning but it just goes faster. Might be a autism thing but it really annoys me when I'm trying to mentally visualize something.

Peeve: This sounds dizzying!

4 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

Sounds the same as a song that doesn't want to stop popping up in ones head over and over again.
Trying to distract oneself from it, seems the only way that might help, as far as I know.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

Turns out, finding a good motorcycle mechanic that can do custom work is as hard RL as finding one in SL that doesn't use crappy generic scripts from the marketplace. 

If it's b0rked, and you can get me there, I can fix it. As long as it's not some onboard computer module or something, they make those impossible to fix without sending them off somewhere.

If you just want it all supercharged and murdered out, that might take a bit. I'll need lots of bologna sandwiches and kool-aid.

Also, scripts. If you want custom scripting for a bike, HMU inworld sometime, and we can talk.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Peeve: One of the stores I follow has removed their products from MP...

Just FYI - several stores are going in-world only. If you don't see your favs on the MP, check their socials or profiles for their SLURLs.

The good news is things tend to be much cheaper in-world anyway (plus we can use gift cards n group discounts n thangs).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I hope that they are smart enough to only deactivate their products on the MP. Otherwise it will be an awful lot of work to list all the items again once the storm is over. :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Seek medical help...

Seeing pink elephants" is a euphemism for hallucinations caused by delirium tremens or alcoholic hallucinosis, especially the former.

I have it on good account that many of the demons mentioned in a certain Babylonian text take the form of pink elephants (kidding about that, they're actually far nastier), and the only way to get rid of them for good is to quit believing in them.

People who disregard the possibility of multitudes of demons being able to crap up their lives tend to have far less trouble with demons, it seems.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

We were never going to be permitted to discuss think about pink elephants here.

And honestly, I get that, and understand why.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

People who disregard the possibility of multitudes of demons being able to crap up their lives tend to have far less trouble with demons, it seems.

Or is it that they exchange them for the demon of Denial?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Or is it that they exchange them for the demon of Denial?

Better one than a multitude beyond counting, I should think.

Especially when it doesn't have its prey running scared of every shadow.

I really don't see how believing in a multitude of hideous, invisible, half-embodied, starveling entities having nothing but your pain and suffering as motives for their interactions with you would be more desirable than never even seeing their deformed footprints in the ashes around the bed, but then, I never said I knew what was best for everyone else, either.

EDIT: In fact, that Denial demon might just be the last one to go. Like, when people stop denying that they themselves bring on most of their own suffering, and cop to their own humanity and lack of idealized perfection. Like instead of fantasizing a bunch of invisible baddies, they own up to the fact that people can be responsible for their own misdeeds.

Demon banished. ~POOF~

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 3