42 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

So instead of thinking I was looking at 20 buns in the pack, I was looking at 20 unpacking huds..

Ugh! New peeve acquired. If you spend enough time messing around in other games and then come back to SL for a good shop, some things feel positively ancient.

The entire concept of unpacking purchases is one of them.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: ICYMI, I recently went through an "intentional" effort to update my hair / get more hair, complete with a dedicated thread, pics, votes..

The Peeve is: after all that, most styles I preferred were on older products and I'm still using the same hair as before for my daily wear.

I've done that with mesh heads and mesh bodies more than a few times.. I always end up back where I started sooner or later.. hehehe

• Like 2

Peeve: Being an introvert who's sensitive to other people's emotions and moods.

https://youtube.com/shorts/zf726QtXywc?feature=shared

I was at the Starbucks inside Target one day when this one guy kept going up to people and trying to engage them in conversation (an extrovert with low social skills, aka a "weirdo"). I told him I was here to write in my journal and didn't want to chat. Yay! for me being direct.  He thanked me for being direct and went on to bother other people instead.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Responding to a joke with a joke, but people just assume you're complaining!

PEEVE: WHY AREN'T ALL JOKES TREATED EQUALLY!?

Some jokes are harder to get than others. I missed the fun in your joke too. Still don't really get it.
But hey, it could be a language thingy or something with cultural differences.
Comedy is always hard.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

What if they put in there "10% off for saying you saw this in the forums"

Peeve: It would be ironic if that were not allowed merely because, if the "seller" also had a marketplace store, gotta sell at the same price as the store. etc.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: It would be ironic if that were not allowed merely because, if the "seller" also had a marketplace store, gotta sell at the same price as the store. etc.

Many on MP do not, they charge more there because of the fees, even bigger name creators.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

In an effort to find a more peaceful place to work on some paperwork and write in my journal, I went to Panera Bread instead of Starbucks.  I found the music and other people here are too loud and there are no plugs to charge my phone. There was even a homeless man talking to himself in the back corner I thought would be quieter.

The public library isn't any better. Besides people talking too loud or children screaming, recently a guy sat down next to me who smelled like an animal that's been dead for a long time, the kind my dogs would roll in or bring back if I let them off leash by the river.

Wow!!! 
Peeve: Glad I live alone with the huskies!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Shame you weren't OMGing about Elon struggling to install Windows and texting Satya Nadella for tech support. At least that's amusing news, for once! 😄

Lol, I haven't heard that one yet.  Is this new?

Peeve: I miss when social media was mostly people arguing over the color of a dress

ctm0228dressreplacement351191640x360.jpg

It was such an innocent time, and btw, I am seeing gold and white right now.. oh wait, now I am seeing blue and black.. dammit, please excuse me while I argue with myself over what color this dress is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Lol, I haven't heard that one yet.  Is this new?

Yep! Trending under Microsoft.

5 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Peeve: I miss when social media was mostly people arguing over the color of a dress

ctm0228dressreplacement351191640x360.jpg

It was such an innocent time, and btw, I am seeing gold and white right now.. oh wait, now I am seeing blue and black.. dammit, please excuse me while I argue with myself over what color this dress is.

I always saw that damn dress as gold and white, and ugly ayyyyy effff.

Things like that still happen on social media, btw. Not seen many color arguments lately, but occasionally math. So much math. Omg. Peeve.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yep! Trending under Microsoft.

I always saw that damn dress as gold and white, and ugly ayyyyy effff.

Things like that still happen on social media, btw. Not seen many color arguments lately, but occasionally math. So much math. Omg. Peeve.

giphy.gif

Bwahhahahaha!  Okay, to his credit it does seem pretty involving to install Windows 11 without being required to have a Microsoft account. Buuuuut, it took me all of five minutes to figure out how it is done.  He was probably just trying to stir up some trouble, at least with the article that I read.  Still, for most people it shouldn't be made that difficult, I don't know what Microsoft is thinking making it this complex, it is going to frustrate a lot of users.

That dress, I swear, it keeps changing on me.  I think it has an agenda!  Now I see it as white and gold again.

Peeve: milk in nose.. don't do that to me 😜 Oh, and Microsoft making things difficult for people, even Musk😉.

Edited by Istelathis
milk gif switched for tea
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Also: People still use Twitter?

Peeve: I don't see how, since now it's called "X"!!

ETA: I deleted my account after Musk bought it, and signed up for Threads not long after. Threads is awesome!!!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Lots. There's unfortunately no good replacement. I primarily use it to follow food, fashion, travel, music, art, gaming, and crafting news, blogs, and magazines. I also follow a few good independent journalists and legal analysts for news and super boring things the majority of people have little interest in (live tweets from courtrooms where cams aren't allowed, on-the-ground in-crowd coverage of protests, events, natural disasters, etc.). 

Peeve: Definitely not a fan of what Twitter has become, but there's nowhere else I can get access to similar things easily without having a zillion tabs open simultaneously.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Fixing stuffs
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

People do all sorts of weird things 😜

According to one comment in the video, what they are chanting loosely translates to "Jesus Christ, make it stop"  

Edited by Istelathis
Funny translation
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:
20 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Lots. There's unfortunately no good replacement.

Seriously - give Threads a try!!!  There is sooooo much positive stuff on there (in my case, LGBT+, "my side" political stuff, etc.)

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Seriously - give Threads a try!!!  There is sooooo much positive stuff on there (in my case, LGBT+, "my side" political stuff, etc.)

Requires Instagram account (I have a fake one I never use that I must've made ages ago). Connected to Mark (who is no better - I deleted Facebook years ago). People I'm following for news and things like court updates don't use it all that much (ex. - last post made 33 weeks ago vs. 22 mins ago on Twitter). Game devs and studios I follow for game updates and news don't use it. 

If anything, a lot of journalists seem to have gone to Bluesky, but they still cross-post to Twitter anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, Raspberry Crystal said:

I went to Mastodon, much more peaceful!

I tried that first, when it was being discussed here.  It had a much smaller reach, but that could be my own fault for selecting a smaller "federation server" or whatever. Posts propagate slowly / not at all depending on how you join. You know, since you use it!

• Like 1