9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

(highlighting in purple was already on the page, not done by me)image.png.cbad926806988e3f5305ec2cc1f2decd.png

Okay, you've won me over, I'll try the ham with the cheese in it. Twist my arm, ow, ow. You had me at sodium phosphate.

Oscar Meyer... Ham with cheese in it... okay, it's on my grocery list now. Happy?

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Okay, you've won me over, I'll try the ham with the cheese in it. Twist my arm, ow, ow.

Oscar Meyer... Ham with cheese in it... okay, it's on my grocery list now. Happy?

Just don't put it on your face and pretend to be a burn victim, that trick is so 2009!

23 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just don't put it on your face and pretend to be a burn victim, that trick is so 2009!

Actually it originally dates back to people making fun of Freddy Krueger circa 1986, by putting the pizza toppings on as a mask, but this modern adaptation sounds novel.

I speak with authority on this, as I was the one wearing the pizza mask in 1986.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It's been said a thousand times before and will be said a thousand times more:

PEEVE:  Merchants that make clothes and do not provide Demos.  I do not care how cheap you have it marked for the sale.  If I cannot get a demo, I am not buying it.

If it is only 75L$ and I really really want it, I'll not bother with the demo because the whole mess involved with that is just too much hassle but I was glad I did try out some lipstick appliers that were being advertised today because they didn't support the Laq heads which is what I wanted it for. So no peeve that bought it without trying but do have a peeve with makeup creators only supporting certain heads without specifying.

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

If it is only 75L$ and I really really want it, I'll not bother with the demo because the whole mess involved with that is just too much hassle but I was glad I did try out some lipstick appliers that were being advertised today because they didn't support the Laq heads which is what I wanted it for. So no peeve that bought it without trying but do have a peeve with makeup creators only supporting certain heads without specifying.

I have done 50L & less items in the past, but these days, there is nothing I really need and I'm tired of being burned on the "no demo" front.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I have done 50L & less items in the past, but these days, there is nothing I really need and I'm tired of being burned on the "no demo" front.

I haven't seen much for a bit myself.. I might see a skin that leads me to other skins or something like that.. But for the most part there hasn't been much I don't have  or really see that I even want..

And ya, how in the world do they think having no demo is a good thing? I just poof the moment I don't see one..

Also on the MP i start to recognize the ones that don't usually have demos, so if they ever do in the future, they would have blown my business  because of my experience with them currently..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It's been said a thousand times before and will be said a thousand times more:

PEEVE:  Merchants that make clothes and do not provide Demos.  I do not care how cheap you have it marked for the sale.  If I cannot get a demo, I am not buying it.

Marketplace stuff with "Demo in world". Nope. Sorry, lost sale.

I think I can count on two fingers the number of times I've actually bothered to start up Firestorm and visit a store to try a demo when I just wanted to buy something on Marketplace.

You can charge $1 for a demo on MP if you want, I'd advise against it and just treat the costs of MP as a cost of doing business (since the people who buy tend to pay full price) but I'm probably going to spend $1 if I feel it's something I might like but you have to have the demo available.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Also on the MP i start to recognize the ones that don't usually have demos, so if they ever do in the future, they would have blown my business  because of my experience with them currently..

There's also the ones who don't link demos, so not only do you not have a link between the demo and the full-price item, the demos bypass the "no demos" filter in refining a search. Fortunately, those are reportable.

And like both of you, I pretty much don't need anything anymore. I'll demo skins and hair, and maybe once in a blue moon I'll go ahead and buy something. More often than not, I'll make my own instead.

There's still some really nice things that come along now and then, though. But yeah, no demo... no anything.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

There's also the ones who don't link demos, so not only do you not have a link between the demo and the full-price item, the demos bypass the "no demos" filter in refining a search. Fortunately, those are reportable.

And like both of you, I pretty much don't need anything anymore. I'll demo skins and hair, and maybe once in a blue moon I'll go ahead and buy something. More often than not, I'll make my own instead.

There's still some really nice things that come along now and then, though. But yeah, no demo... no anything.

You've more patience reporting things than me :) I used to but meh... gave up, it's endless...

My search strings are ridiculous... dress AND petite AND formal NOT demo NOT dmeo NOT _demo NOT _dmeo NOT dem0 NOT _dem0

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

You've more patience reporting things than me :) I used to but meh... gave up, it's endless...

My search strings are ridiculous... dress AND petite AND formal NOT demo NOT dmeo NOT _demo NOT _dmeo NOT dem0 NOT _dem0

Well, I said they're reportable, not that I actually bother, but yeah...

<-<;

>->;

At least it does get acted on, and fast. It's just a LOT to report. XD

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Modulated said:

A little meat and a little cheese and a whole lot of OTHER.

Ingredient lists are required to list the ingredients in the order of how much there is in an item.  So, while there are lots of other things in it, since 'ham' is listed first, there is a larger amount of ham than any other ingredient.  And some of the "other" stuff is the preservatives needed to keep it fresh and edible.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Ingredient lists are required to list the ingredients in the order of how much there is in an item.  So, while there are lots of other things in it, since 'ham' is listed first, there is a larger amount of ham than any other ingredient.  And some of the "other" stuff is the preservatives needed to keep it fresh and edible.

Peeve: Some countries list the % percentage of ingredient!

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Some countries list the % percentage of ingredient!

Which is why we can see that a "meat" product, contains 8% meat, and 92% inert filler, colouring, preservative, artificial flavouring, taste enhancers, seasonings, weird stuff nobody understands, etc.

This is also why many American "foods" are BANNED in the UK and EU., because of what's ACTUALLY in them.

As for "ham with cheese" in Bavaria they do it the other way round, smoked cheese with chunks of ham in it.

img86658b19zik7zj.jpeg

I can't decide if this is a Peeve or a bug!  I searched here & there for a discussion about it ... Seems to me that nearly all Marketplace listings for objects used to have the Land Impact on the right-hand info panel.  Now, none seem to.  Are other people seeing this?  Did I accidentally reconfigure something?

GRRRR Lazy Sunday used to be fun, now it's kind of a pain!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I can't decide if this is a Peeve or a bug!  I searched here & there for a discussion about it ... Seems to me that nearly all Marketplace listings for objects used to have the Land Impact on the right-hand info panel.  Now, none seem to.  Are other people seeing this?  Did I accidentally reconfigure something?

I'm guessing that is is not a required field because I do see it on some items and not others.  Maybe it was a required field before.

One item I just looked up :

image.png.a01d659a4cb69c83505c3d892e9c0ac6.png

Here is the link to that item - to see if you do see the LI listed:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AMBICE-AKIO-STUDIO-APARTMENT-Unpacker/25600301

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I've noticed having trouble finding prim count lately on quite a few potential purchases, and deciding to just not buy the thing!  Not sure what changed, but LittleMe might be right.

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm guessing that is is not a required field because I do see it on some items and not others.  Maybe it was a required field before.
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AMBICE-AKIO-STUDIO-APARTMENT-Unpacker/25600301

Yes, I do see it, thx!  I also see it on a Black Sand item that I was looking at.  I think you're right, perhaps it used to be required and now isn't.

13 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Thank goodness my hearthstone wasn't on cooldown or else that would've been one embarrassing unstuck request made to Support. 😂

There's always the /unstuck option .. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Peeve: Not me getting my tiny Gnome butt stuck in a chimney.

Peeve: I often forget, that "Dad got stuck in the chimney and died" was a subplot of the movie, "Gremlins"!

Edited by Love Zhaoying

16 minutes ago, Orwar said:

There's always the /unstuck option .. 

Is that a thing? When I peeked on Le Google, it sent me to a link to make a self-service unstuck request with Blizzard Support via web.

Didn't need to do it, thank goodness, but...that would've been amusing if location coordinates got sent along with it.

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Is that a thing?

Depends on what game version you're playing, but yes - either via /unstuck in chat or by going into the help menu should pretty much always be there. The one embarrassing thing you tend to have to actually get a GM for (or a friendly warlock and some volunteers) is when you get stuck behind that one torch in Orgrimmar which deals next to no damage every few seconds which stops the /unstuck cast as well as the regular Hearthstone cast, but deals so little damage that most players' automatic health tics keep them from ever dying from it.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Depends on what game version you're playing, but yes - either via /unstuck in chat or by going into the help menu should pretty much always be there. The one embarrassing thing you tend to have to actually get a GM for (or a friendly warlock and some volunteers) is when you get stuck behind that one torch in Orgrimmar which deals next to no damage every few seconds which stops the /unstuck cast as well as the regular Hearthstone cast, but deals so little damage that most players' automatic health tics keep them from ever dying from it.

That's hilarious! I didn't know that torch existed. Been playing this game on and off since 2004, and this is the first time I ever got myself properly stuck anywhere. IN MY DEFENSE! - I was trying to jump on TOP of the chimney to watch Stitches wreck town from a safe location (standing on the roof alone wasn't ideal since my camera was so damn low due to my height, lmao). I didn't think my tiny legs would send me sailing over the edge! Didn't know my own Gnomish strength.😂

I'm playing Classic SoD, so I don't exactly know what's enabled and what isn't. I never touch Retail.