... When you put others on Ignore there is no need to let everyone know you have done so. Let them figure it out on their own.

If you figure out someone has you on Ignore you can shrug your shoulders and move on - yes even if they take the option to examine one of your posts and heaven forbid react to it. You could also place them on Ignore as well and no longer see their posts as well as opting to no longer be notified of their reactions to your posts.

I'd say it is beyond time for some to stop acting like children but I'd be addressing several brick walls.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

... When you put others on Ignore there is no need to let everyone know you have done so. Let them figure it out on their own.

I agree, but that isn't their need (to actual not see another person's posts).  The need is to have the other know in no uncertain terms, that they are shunning them.   It should be named 'the shun button'.

Pet Peeve:  The indirect nature of hoomankind

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Pet Peeve: why can't people get along?  sigh

I think the answer is more or less: Hurt people hurt people. It takes conscious effort to break the cycle, easier to just keep going. This is especially true in times when we're all more or less running at more than full capacity.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

If you figure out someone has you on Ignore you can shrug your shoulders and move on - yes even if they take the option to examine one of your posts and heaven forbid react to it.

Or you could just calmly take apart their posts and have them look like a fool without their realizing it even happened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

If you figure out someone has you on Ignore you can shrug your shoulders and move on - yes even if they take the option to examine one of your posts and heaven forbid react to it. You could also place them on Ignore as well and no longer see their posts as well as opting to no longer be notified of their reactions to your posts.

I'd say it is beyond time for some to stop acting like children but I'd be addressing several brick walls.

Generally speaking I agree, but there was just one time when it was necessary for me to tell someone why I was putting them ignore. Second Life brings out the grade schooler in a lot of people, even me sometimes, darn it. 

l.o.l. 

temp laugh.jpg

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 4

When you have said your piece and it has become clear that someone is responding simply to 'argue' out of abject boredom (and it will indeed show - despite any protestations they may make to the contrary) or that there really is no point to further responses ...

Then there is no point in dissecting what is being presented. At all. Especially if you have gone over a particular topic repeatedly, in different threads across a period of time. Your stance is known or can be discovered if a user is truly interested enough to go looking.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

When you have said your piece and it has become clear that someone is responding simply to 'argue' out of abject boredom (and it will indeed show - despite any protestations they may make to the contrary) or that there really is no point to further responses ...

Then there is no point in dissecting what is being presented. At all. Especially if you have gone over a particular topic repeatedly, in different threads across a period of time. Your stance is known or can be discovered if a user is truly interested enough to go looking.

^^ This is great!

• Like 1

I took part in a local NHS focus group meeting today, being one of the online attendees.  I'd planned to be serious and intelligent in my questions and responses.  What happened was me going 'Yay!' to a mention of comfy seats, grinning and putting two thumbs up to a suggestion I liked, speaking my mind about what I thought missed the mark entirely, and then almost losing my temper when the meeting was poorly managed and we online were busy putting our views in chat but being ignored.  They're going to think I'm weird, or ill, or haven't quite grown up.  Of course these things could be true. :/ 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Added text.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ValKalAstra said:

Peeve: This weird dependency of the Second Life business side on Facebook of all things. Want to see what's on sale at an event? Facebook. Want to contact an organizer about a booth and inquire about fees? Facebook. Contacting a blogger for a flickr ad campaign?

Somehow... believe it or not, Facebook. Argh!

Hate it as well. It's not 2012, Facebook is very irrelevant and many will not get an account/reactivate their accounts.

Sometimes the public access thing does work to view sales galleries etc but the experience is horrible with a big overlay telling me to get an account etc. Just don't understand using it, hosting a gallery for sale costs a few bucks if that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

No forum worth a damn allows mods to put posters on ignore. 🙄

Peeve : Posters disallowing themselves to be an exception to a rule and refusing to see the lighter side of things.

Edited by Ted McGregor
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You know what they say about assuming. So. Staph.

No forum worth a damn allows mods to put posters on ignore. 🙄

I think that Ted was joking.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Peeved people can't just allow others to express their peeve(s) without making a big deal out of it when that is the purpose of the thread.

Maybe it's purpose is not to be a constant killjoy all the time and be done with your grievances for once.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I think that Ted was joking.

People aren't always in the right "frame of mind" for jokes. Others are "allowed" to be in a less than humorous mood, but it would seem that I am not allowed the same and must meet their demands to either fake being all chipper or leave.

Been there, done all that on another forum decades ago. Never again.

2 minutes ago, Ted McGregor said:

Maybe it's purpose is not to be a constant killjoy all the time and be done with your grievances for once.

I don't have any grievances. What I do have are people I refuse to interact with anymore because of how they treat me. As I said in my previous post to Sid, been there done all that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I don't have any grievances. What I do have are people I refuse to interact with anymore because of how they treat me. As I said in my previous post to Sid, been there done all that. 

You must be such a hoot at parties ... :|

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You know what they say about assuming. So. Staph.

No forum worth a damn allows mods to put posters on ignore🙄

But there are those forums where the mods have seemed to put certain posters on ignore and allowed them to break forum etiquette until all hell breaks loose as a result and yet others are slapped on the wrist after the first post. It makes it hard to know where the line is when moderation is somewhat inconsistent. 

Not here of course fortunately!

Pet peeve at other forums.

• Like 1