6 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Today's peeves:

F2P monetization tactics straight out of the mobile gaming playbook.

Toxic "cozy" communities.

This game won't be doing what those games do! - *does exactly what those games do*

.. Palia? 

15 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Peeve: SL is broken and I want to work on stuff :(

What is going on ? I remain a cloud .. :|

Are they banging on the assetservers ? Seems like it.

Peeve : Gremlin Gorillas banging on things ....

Edited by Ted McGregor
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yuuuuup.

You could roast marshmallows over the dumpster fire in Discord. 😂

Oh noes!

... Goes to fetch some marshmallows! 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You guys can't get in?

I was in and was trying on clothes, but first they were taking too long to rez, then they weren't coming off. A notice from the Firestorm support group said the server is having Bake Fail issues, so that explains the clothing problem. I logged out & relogged with eadh of my alts, who are all just red clouds now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Full report please!

The quick tl;dr - They promised all along that they'd be transparent with monetization and the in-game cash shop would only contain cosmetic items (outfits, currently). No biggie, except they kind of leaned into that same ole thing all of these goofy F2P games do where they price the items higher than the closest currency tier. So,you need to spend $4.99 for the cheapest currency bundle, but the cheapest items will cost $7.99 worth. But the next tier up is $9.99. You know the dealio.

Secondly, they brought the game down for maintenance last night and when it came back up, they announced they put pets into the game - but only for people who purchase currency - as a thank you gift. It will be retroactive, of course, so if you spent already, you get your cat. Otherwise, when  you pay for the cheapest currency bundle ($4.99) you get a budget-looking cat, but once you purchase a total of 3000 coins ($30ish - which can't even be purchased with the same bundle - gotta buy a combination), you can get the other three really cute ones! 

The F2P players went rabid, because there's currently no other pets in the game. The whales went rabid, because how dare you insult my cozy times, get a job, freeloaders. There was a brandishing of swords and clown emoji reactions. Fire. Brimstone. Polygon mag wrote up a whole article on it. Reddit burst into flames. Someone nicknamed the game Paylia and I laughed myself into oblivion.

And I'm just sitting here like...man, all I want is to be able to sit in this game.

😂

Peeve: We cannot sit down in a game that actually showed the character sitting down in their trailer. What in the actual...

Peeve Part 2 - Me not expecting this knowing it's ex-Blizzard/Riot devs. 👀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

The quick tl;dr - They promised all along that they'd be transparent with monetization and the in-game cash shop would only contain cosmetic items (outfits, currently). No biggie, except they kind of leaned into that same ole thing all of these goofy F2P games do where they price the items higher than the closest currency tier. So,you need to spend $4.99 for the cheapest currency bundle, but the cheapest items will cost $7.99 worth. But the next tier up is $9.99. You know the dealio.

Secondly, they brought the game down for maintenance last night and when it came back up, they announced they put pets into the game - but only for people who purchase currency - as a thank you gift. It will be retroactive, of course, so if you spent already, you get your cat. Otherwise, when  you pay for the cheapest currency bundle ($4.99) you get a budget-looking cat, but once you purchase a total of 3000 coins ($30ish - which can't even be purchased with the same bundle - gotta buy a combination), you can get the other three really cute ones! 

The F2P players went rabid, because there's currently no other pets in the game. The whales went rabid, because how dare you insult my cozy times, get a job, freeloaders. There was a brandishing of swords and clown emoji reactions. Fire. Brimstone. Polygon mag wrote up a whole article on it. Reddit burst into flames. Someone nicknamed the game Paylia and I laughed myself into oblivion.

And I'm just sitting here like...man, all I want is to be able to sit in this game.

😂

Peeve: We cannot sit down in a game that actually showed the character sitting down in their trailer. What in the actual...

Peeve Part 2 - Me not expecting this knowing it's ex-Blizzard/Riot devs. 👀

Wait, what game is this?

21 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I was in and was trying on clothes, but first they were taking too long to rez, then they weren't coming off. A notice from the Firestorm support group said the server is having Bake Fail issues, so that explains the clothing problem. I logged out & relogged with eadh of my alts, who are all just red clouds now.

I'm probably not even going to bother with going in tonight anyways.. I just got home from work and seen people were having troubles with SL..

They gave us tomorrow off, but I'm too tired to really try and get in tonight anymore.. I never made it passed the cloud stage.. It's probably best to wait it out..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, cariboustag said:

That's the worst combination possible. Yeah, I'm not surprised either.

#leteveryonesit

Lmao!

Sitting in chairs is a lot to ask for, apparently, but hey, the cash shop's working great, at least! 🤣

Thank goodness for Indie devs, man. Just out there letting people buy the game upfront n stuff.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Lmao!

Sitting in chairs is a lot to ask for, apparently, but hey, the cash shop's working great, at least! 🤣

Thank goodness for Indie devs, man. Just out there letting people buy the game upfront n stuff.

Indie devs backs must be KILLING them from carrying the entire gaming industry.

Larian Studios and Supergiant Games, I'm looking at you guys.

Edited by cariboustag
I'm good at spelling.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cariboustag said:

Indie devs backs must be KILLING them from carrying the entire gaming industry.

Larian Studios and Supergiant Games, I'm looking at you guys.

I laughed so hard because it's true!!!

Larian, Supergiant, ConcernedApe, poncle (Vampire Survivors), Re-Logic (Terraria), Ludeon Studios (Rimworld), Mega Crit (Slay the Spire), oonnnn and onnnn.

Meanwhile, we're all sitting around waiting on Starfield because we still haven't learned our lesson with Bethesda. But at least that'll be on Game Pass, so... 👀

Peeve: Why we do dis?

• Like 1

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Meanwhile, we're all sitting around waiting on Starfield because we still haven't learned our lesson with Bethesda. But at least that'll be on Game Pass, so... 👀

I am actually pretty excited for Starfield, especially since they got a huge extension to really work on and improve the game. Just imagine it came out when they said it would come out. It would probably be a heaping pile of dumpster fire. The fact that Microsoft gave them an extension, gives me hope that it will be much better. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I am actually pretty excited for Starfield, especially since they got a huge extension to really work on and improve the game. Just imagine it came out when they said it would come out. It would probably be a heaping pile of dumpster fire. The fact that Microsoft gave them an extension, gives me hope that it will be much better. 

I'm excited for it, but I'm keeping my expectations low. It's ambitious, that's for sure. 

I'll watch a few streams before deciding if I want to play around with it myself.