2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I think this is real...Fortuna does this to us for fun and to keep us on our toes :/

My last fortnight: fail a driving test, then get a call saying I may be able to buy my own place outside London for a price I can afford...then the couple withdraw it from the market because their deal fell through...and then I win £100 on the Premium Bonds...I'm all over the place 🥴 Try not to let it get you down, but it's good to be prepared for a sudden luck shift!

Peeve: Other people have good days; I only get bad to worse.

Also, people who don't use the most common of acronyms and expect everyone else to know what the heck they are talking about.

And it's NASA not Nasa! 🤬

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

/me looks around wildly for her "YIKES!!!!" emoji!  🙀 🙀 🙀

The clip is from Mel Brooks' History of the World Part 1.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082517/

Instead of doing a Part 2 movie, it somehow ended up being a series.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15715052/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_i_1

It's on Hulu so too bad for me. 

• Like 2

Peeve at those who have supposedly heard it all before, not taking responsibility for coming up with new and innovative topics themselves rather then tramping through the forums crying about everything being same ol', same ol'.

Does it not occur to these that maybe they been here too long if they can't think of anything new?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

That did not take long for another variant to show up now did it?

And another one that is - as always - pretending to see something which spells Doom!

Give it a rest, hmm?

I missed it!

Peeve: Federal Bikini / Baloney Inspectors get short shrift.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

I have been so rock bottom at times, but something has usually come along as I've been standing on the edge of Beachy Head ready to jump off, but I can't always expect it to be that way. When my time is done, there will be that final gust of wind and over I will go.

I also think the only people who've NEVER felt that at some point are in the 0.00000000000001% richest, healthiest, luckiest, most optimistic people ever born...and they are also probably REALLY annoying xD 

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 3

Peeve: When people complain about things  that only do what they're designed to do.

I'm so sorry your car doesn't fly, your dog doesn't talk, and that Second Life doesn't look like your MMPORG.

It is tragic that you are saddled with the impossible burden of always being right. I'm sure your mute dog manages to put up with you anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

The clip is from Mel Brooks' History of the World Part 1.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082517/

Instead of doing a Part 2 movie, it somehow ended up being a series.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15715052/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_i_1

It's on Hulu so too bad for me. 

Wait for the Black Friday sale for Hulu, you can probably get it with ads for $2/ month. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When people complain about things  that only do what they're designed to do.

I'm so sorry your car doesn't fly, your dog doesn't talk, and that Second Life doesn't look like your MMPORG.

It is tragic that you are saddled with the impossible burden of always being right. I'm sure your mute dog manages to put up with you anyway.

I used to think it would be cool if our dogs could talk only for limited periods each day. I'm honestly glad they can't tell other people how weird and annoying we are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Bunny the Talking Dog uses buttons to speak with her humans. This article says she might be going through an existential crisis, though actually her owners still post regular videos of her on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube, and she seems fine. I think getting a second dog probably helped her mood. What does a talking dog talk about? Mostly wanting to go outside and asking where their humans are when they're working. They also comment on "stranger dogs" barking and when humans go to the bathroom. It's not deep conversation.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/01/10/famous-speaking-dog-on-antidepressants-for-existential-crisis-18071854/

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Bunny the Talking Dog uses buttons to speak with her humans. This article says she might be going through an existential crisis, though actually her owners still post regular videos of her on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube, and she seems fine. I think getting a second dog probably helped her mood. What does a talking dog talk about? Mosting wanting to go outside and asking where their humans are when they're working. They also comment on "stranger dogs" barking and when humans go to the bathroom. It's not deep conversation.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/01/10/famous-speaking-dog-on-antidepressants-for-existential-crisis-18071854/

I see a lot of videos of different dogs using the "talking" buttons.  In general, they mostly seem to be smaller breeds (no giants).  Which is weird, because the giant breeds often "seem" smarter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I don't want to know how their nether regions taste!

"Oooo, tastes like chicken"

"That's because you ate chicken"!

Urgh, gross.

I think I already know what my brother's adjoining neighbour's dogs are saying. They have a small range of barks and howls so I always know when they've been abandoned and have separation anxiety. They have a different bark for the milkman coming onto the street in his vehicle at 3am or so. A pleased to see you bark is loud but not aggressive, and there is also the sound of furniture and walls being bounced into when this type of barking happens while the dogs are still inside the house. When they bark and I hear "You f*cking b*stard", then I know the postman has been bitten again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1