I nearly got knocked over by some idiot speeding on a scooter on the sidewalk this morning. Last week I nearly got run over by a car turning into the street as if I wasn't even on the crosswalk, and I had the right of way. Both men acted as if I'm part of dead air and continued on their merry way. The invisible woman syndrome is real and it's going to get me killed one of these days.

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

2 hours ago, PermaRuthed said:

I nearly got knocked over by some idiot speeding on a scooter on the sidewalk this morning. Last week I nearly got run over by a car turning into the street as if I wasn't even on the crosswalk, and I had the right of way. Both men acted as if I'm part of dead air and continued on their merry way. The invisible woman syndrome is real and it's going to get me killed one of these days.

Those people were both me. I am sincerely sorry. I thought I was running over animesh NPCs.

I'll make you a sign for over your head that says "The Real Ruth", and I swear I will never drive on the sidewalk again.

I promise.

EDIT: I was so caught up in apologizing I forgot my peeve... I'll save being peeved at that for another day, though, and just post the peeve i forgot.

MAJOR BLEEDING-STOOL-AND-BRIMSTONE PEEVE : When someone who doesn't even interact with me for over a year because nobody is forcing them to decides to contact me for the sole purpose of trying to get me to ruin a sim visitor's day because they don't like them, and they know I'm sim staff.

Especially when said visitor hasn't been around for several years due to having cancer.

There, peeve shared. Enjoy it.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So I buy a lot of backdrops...and I mean A LOT of backdrops!  Next to hair, I think this would be my biggest SL shopping addiction.

That being said, I spend a lot of time making sure I find the right one in my extensive collection when taking a picture, and when posting on Flickr, I like to support the store by posting my pictures in their group.  

So it peeves me NO END when they reject my pictures from their store group.  

Could be for many reasons.  They don't like how I am using their backdrop, I am not showing enough of it etc.  I am not gonna make myself look entitled and ask "wHy YoU rEjEcT mEeEeEeEeEe?"...I'm simply leaving your group and won't bother showing my support for you anymore.

But I will keep buying....cos BACKDROPS!!!!

cbdfhb.gif.8d2da002f4ec9e109a9554921491df40.gif

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

So I buy a lot of backdrops...and I mean A LOT of backdrops!  Next to hair, I think this would be my biggest SL shopping addiction.

That being said, I spend a lot of time making sure I find the right one in my extensive collection when taking a picture, and when posting on Flickr, I like to support the store by posting my pictures in their group.  

Could be for many reasons.  They don't like how I am using their backdrop, I am not showing enough of it etc.  I am not gonna make myself look entitled and ask "wHy YoU rEjEcT mEeEeEeEeEe?"...I'm simply leaving your group and won't bother showing my support for you anymore.

This gives me good ideas, thanks! I've only recently begun rezzing out my old purchased Scenes and posting pictures. I guess after I run out of old Prim Scenes, and move on to / run out of Holodeck Scenes, I could start buying Backdrops.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I'm a backdrop addict myself, and yeah, it appears that some want a written credit in the description and all that jazz. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to "remix" scenes a lot - a piece from this backdrop, something from that one, toss in some furniture, add some decor from here and there, etc. So yeah, it's hard to remember where everything in the scene even came from. It's not super often I'll submit to the backdrop creator groups for that reason.

Honestly, I'm at the point where I'm going to redo my entire Flickr and just post photos. That's it - no 30 mins hunting down and copying over every single item I'm wearing (including applier layers - omg), no more looking for the right groups for each photo and making sure all products are listed, no more group submissions, no more checking engagement - over it. Post, and go. Done.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Honestly, I'm at the point where I'm going to redo my entire Flickr and just post photos. That's it - no 30 mins hunting down and copying over every single item I'm wearing (including applier layers - omg), no more looking for the right groups for each photo and making sure all products are listed, no more group submissions, no more checking engagement - over it. Post, and go. Done.

Can't say I blame you for this.  Seems so many people just dump their pics on EVERY group they're a member of, regardless of it fitting in or not...eg pics of shoes in face pic groups etc.

That peeves me no end, cos I actually take the time to add to the appropriate groups, which is why a pic may end up in 34 groups instead of 634, like so many spammed pics do.

Even though it would cause major backlash, I really wish Flickr would get rid of the opt out option.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Can't say I blame you for this.  Seems so many people just dump their pics on EVERY group they're a member of, regardless of it fitting in or not...eg pics of shoes in face pic groups etc.

That peeves me no end, cos I actually take the time to add to the appropriate groups, which is why a pic may end up in 34 groups instead of 634, like so many spammed pics do.

Even though it would cause major backlash, I really wish Flickr would get rid of the opt out option.

Very much agree! I used to always wonder how some photos would have 500+ group submissions. Automated I'm sure, but I have zero desire to do that. So, I'm pooped after finding a good 10-15 to put something into. And then you have to take even more time to search out high-quality groups that don't attract the random photo spam and ugh, it's just a hassle! Less trouble for me to just start using Flickr as a basic portfolio and ignoring the social features entirely.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Very much agree! I used to always wonder how some photos would have 500+ group submissions. Automated I'm sure, but I have zero desire to do that. So, I'm pooped after finding a good 10-15 to put something into. And then you have to take even more time to search out high-quality groups that don't attract the random photo spam and ugh, it's just a hassle! Less trouble for me to just start using Flickr as a basic portfolio and ignoring the social features entirely.

I pay for Flickr pro to get the extra opt in groups and pic limits, so the basics with pics in 500+ groups irks me no end!!  Especially when most of them are crappy and get more favs than my decent pics in 30 groups!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I pay for Flickr pro to get the extra opt in groups and pic limits, so the basics with pics in 500+ groups irks me no end!!  Especially when most of them are crappy and get more favs than my decent pics in 30 groups!!

Yuuuup. I wouldn't be bothered whatsoever if Flickr removed the whole favs thing to begin with. Or hid them away, like YouTube hides dislikes. Though people would likely riot. 🤣

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I'm sure some of those likes are also paid for...yep, didn't know it was a thing but it is.  I rarely put my pics in any groups now unless is a specific group for the places I took the picture.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'm sure some of those likes are also paid for...yep, didn't know it was a thing but it is.  I rarely put my pics in any groups now unless is a specific group for the places I took the picture.

Is "paid for likes" the thing where you pay someone to have their army of bots "like" your stuff so it gets boosted?

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Is "paid for likes" the thing where you pay someone to have their army of bots "like" your stuff so it gets boosted?

I guess so.  I saw someone talking about it so I googled it.  It's a paid service depending on how many 'likes' you buy.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Swimsuit shopping.

Geez, would it kill a creator to widen the gusset?  Cover my backside?  Hide a nipple?

I found a mostly acceptable bikini yesterday,  but only if I wear the included sarong. *sigh*

If I wanted a string and a bandaid, I'd buy that, but I want a swimsuit.

Lol, unless it's for an event that specifically calls for a swimsuit, I just mix and match my way through that. Bikini top and shorts. Long tee over bikini bottoms. Or my personal preference - any damn thing I want (with cute, breezy rompers as a first choice), because screw swimwear in the first place. 😄

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Swimsuit shopping.

Geez, would it kill a creator to widen the gusset?  Cover my backside?  Hide a nipple?

I found a mostly acceptable bikini yesterday,  but only if I wear the included sarong. *sigh*

The Addams group gift bikini, not a free group, but around $L 20.  The Blueberry group gift bikini set, also around $ 20 for the group. ViSion & Tachinni have teeny tiny bikinis in their group gifts. Reed has a free group with $L 600 store credit currently & a few bathing suits to choose from.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Swimsuit shopping.

These are older and mostly for Maitreya but I love the retro look of her swimwear...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/20658?search[category_id]=152&search[layout]=gallery&search[maturity_level]=GMA&search[per_page]=96&search[sort]=released_at_desc&search[store_id]=20658

And one from Annex though she has a few...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Annex-Margie-Bikini-FATPACK/23834227

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 4