1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

I always assume that blinkers must have been an option when they bought their car.  I think they need to retest people after they've had their license 20 years.  I swear people forget everything they learned in Driver's Ed.

Omg I wish we had drivers ED in Tennessee.. We have it in high school but you have to earn it to be able to get it.. Which is the dumbest crap I ever heard of.. It shouldn't be a reward, in fact the ones that  didn't earn it, are probably the ones you want taking it more than anyone else..

You just show up at 15, get your learners permit, or just walk in at 16 and take the test.. if you pass, that's all you had to do.. now get out there and learn as you go, lil buckaroo!

A lot with farms already know how to drive  by the age 7 from doing things around the farm.. But a lot don't have farms..

We have the worst drivers of any state I swear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Omg I wish we had drivers ED in Tennessee.. We have it in high school but you have to earn it to be able to get it.. Which is the dumbest crap I ever heard of.. It shouldn't be a reward, in fact the ones that  didn't earn it, are probably the ones you want taking it more than anyone else..

You just show up at 15, get your learners permit, or just walk in at 16 and take the test.. if you pass, that's all you had to do.. now get out there and learn as you go, lil buckaroo!

A lot with farms already know how to drive  by the age 7 from doing things around the farm.. But a lot don't have farms..

We have the worst drivers of any state I swear.

Our schools here USED to have driver's ed.  I don't know when that stopped to be honest.  In Ohio, you can get your learners permit at 15 and a half, license at 16 BUT  they must take a driver's course of some kind...

Driver must complete a driver education class at a licensed driver training school, which includes 24 hours of classroom or online instruction and 8 hours of driving time.

To find a driver training school visit: Approved Driving Schools.

A Driver Education Certificate must be provided at time of Driving and Skills testing.

Driver must complete 50 hours of driving, with at least 10 hours of night driving, in addition to the driver education requirements.

It's not always easy to fine a driving school with openings and it cost quite a lot.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Our schools here USED to have driver's ed.  I don't know when that stopped to be honest.  In Ohio, you can get your learners permit at 15 and a half, license at 16 BUT  they must take a driver's course of some kind...

Driver must complete a driver education class at a licensed driver training school, which includes 24 hours of classroom or online instruction and 8 hours of driving time.

To find a driver training school visit: Approved Driving Schools.

A Driver Education Certificate must be provided at time of Driving and Skills testing.

Driver must complete 50 hours of driving, with at least 10 hours of night driving, in addition to the driver education requirements.

It's not always easy to fine a driving school with openings and it cost quite a lot.

I know My father had to do something like that  up in illinois.. you had to have some sort of driving school or you had to wait until you were 18.. At 18 you could just walk in and take the test..

But any earlier and you had to either have it in high school or wait..

Down here, you just walk in at 16 and pass and  you're off and running.. It really shows too , because trying to get somewhere, you have to look out for the other drivers like you do the town deer.. Town Deer don't care if it's day or night, they are always running out in front of you.. 

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

When I took drivers ed the only thing it did, besides teach someone how to steer and maybe remember when to apply the brakes, was to reduce the amount of insurance the parents had to pay. Other than that, learner's permit at 16 and you had to have a fully licensed driver with you in the front passenger seat at all times. You didn't qualify for a full license until you were 18. 

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

16 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My high school drivers ed was actually pretty useful - book work, driving simulators and actual on-the-road driving.  I'm not sure when schools around here stopped drivers ed, but my children did not have it - they graduated in the early 2000s.  

The same for the actual course when I took it almost 50 years ago. Student driver cars had two steering wheels and pedals. The courses, for some strange reason, were taught by the high school sports coaches (football, baseball, basketball... other sports not so much).

If I hadn't begged to be able to take driver's ed, my parents would have made me take the course or I would never have gotten a license until I was 18, when I would have had to pay for the insurance myself. The premiums for auto insurance without driver's ed was sky high back then. Not even students with jobs could afford the rates.

Current peeve (only sort-of):  When people's new forum picture looks like a very different person that their previous picture.  I tend to identify posters via their forum icon and when I don't recognize one, I have to take the extra second or so to actually read the name above the picture.  It can take me days or even weeks to get used to a new icon.  When it is changed frequently, I can get very lost around here.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

The same for the actual course when I took it almost 50 years ago. Student driver cars had two steering wheels and pedals. The courses, for some strange reason, were taught by the high school sports coaches (football, baseball, basketball... other sports not so much).

If I hadn't begged to be able to take driver's ed, my parents would have made me take the course or I would never have gotten a license until I was 18, when I would have had to pay for the insurance myself. The premiums for auto insurance without driver's ed was sky high back then. Not even students with jobs could afford the rates.

Our shop teacher taught our driver's ed course.  As I recall, even WITH driver's ed, insurance was still pretty high if you were under 18.  Although, I took.the class, I didn't get my license until I was 18 and working full time since my parents said the minute I got my license and went on their insurance, I'd have to pay them.  I did the same with my son.   My friends had cars so I really didn't need one at the time.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Although, I took.the class, I didn't get my license until I was 18 and working full time since my parents said the minute I got my license and went on their insurance, I'd have to pay them.  I did the same with my son.   My friends had cars so I really didn't need one at the time.

I had to pay for my driving insurance also -- and my kids did too.  Because of that, and the fact that my son had plenty of friends to drive him around, he didn't actually get is drivers license until he came back from his initial military stint -- so 19 or 20 yrs old, I think.

Back then there were not restrictions on anyone with a drivers license (versus permit), regardless of age.  Now, there are various levels of restrictions for 16-20 yr olds.

grammar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Current peeve (only sort-of):  When people's new forum picture looks like a very different person that their previous picture.  I tend to identify posters via their forum icon and when I don't recognize one, I have to take the extra second or so to actually read the name above the picture.  It can take me days or even weeks to get used to a new icon.  When it is changed frequently, I can get very lost around here.

I know I changed mine a couple of times in the last couple of weeks..:$

hehehe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

..like when a lot of people change their profile pics "in protest"!

"Let's see, which Muppet are YOU supposed to be? And what was your previous picture?"

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I look it up on google and get a lot of home alone things..

Kevinxxxxx was the guy with a kazillion alts all using variations on "Kevin" who was notoriously hitting events and stores for months asking for handouts. He was clever, because he had a backstory, and asked for a very specific amount -- like L$467 or something. He got me . . . once.

Moira is a new one who has hit me and about four of my friends in the last few days. She's apparently everywhere. Not as clever though. She just straight out asks for L$200.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Kevinxxxxx was the guy with a kazillion alts all using variations on "Kevin" who was notoriously hitting events and stores for months asking for handouts. He was clever, because he had a backstory, and asked for a very specific amount -- like L$467 or something. He got me . . . once.

Moira is a new one who has hit me and about four of my friends in the last few days. She's apparently everywhere. Not as clever though. She just straight out asks for L$200.

Oh ya there was a few of those guys..

I remember those guys..  They started out asking for like 60 lindens or something at first and then  each time I would see them like a few weeks later they were already asking for more.. hehehe

There has been a few different named guys.. I probably have a few of them in my logs..

Minor peeve because it's mostly my fault 😂: Getting sucked into a riveting television series that just absolutely wrecks you, but you can't stop watching because it's so just freaking good and you're already a massive fan of the game it's based on (yes, I'm watching TLOU) and think to yourself, "I'll be fine - I know all the twists and turns and I know what's going to happen, I'm good!"

No, I'm not good. I'm not fine. The show's hitting us in the feels and the writers keep finding ways to change the story to make it hit even harder. 

Watching every weekend like:

crying-crying-man.gif

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Minor peeve because it's mostly my fault 😂: Getting sucked into a riveting television series that just absolutely wrecks you, but you can't stop watching because it's so just freaking good and you're already a massive fan of the game it's based on (yes, I'm watching TLOU) and think to yourself, "I'll be fine - I know all the twists and turns and I know what's going to happen, I'm good!"

No, I'm not good. I'm not fine. The show's hitting us in the feels and the writers keep finding ways to change the story to make it hit even harder. 

Watching every weekend like:

crying-crying-man.gif

I didn't know it was a game, thus I have no clue how it will go.  Since it was a new show for me, I accumulated a few episodes before I started watching, so I have just now made it through the 3rd episode - which did make me sniffle a bit from the romantic gesture made.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Our shop teacher taught our driver's ed course.  As I recall, even WITH driver's ed, insurance was still pretty high if you were under 18.  Although, I took.the class, I didn't get my license until I was 18 and working full time since my parents said the minute I got my license and went on their insurance, I'd have to pay them.  I did the same with my son.   My friends had cars so I really didn't need one at the time.

My mom made me (and siblings) move out of the house when I (we) was (were) 17. At the time it was of legal age to be living on your own as long as you didn't cross state lines. None of us kids were really ready to be on our own at age 17.

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I didn't know it was a game, thus I have no clue how it will go.

Yup, two-game series that originally came out innnnnnn *peeks* - 2013. TLOU2 in...2020.

If you plan on watching the show at all, be very careful to avoid plot spoilers. Avoid social media on Sunday nights especially (this week, we got the episode last night due to it being SuperBowl weekend). It's quite a popular game series and one of the better game stories ever, so people are definitely out there just yapping openly about the plot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yup, two-game series that originally came out innnnnnn *peeks* - 2013. TLOU2 in...2020.

If you plan on watching the show at all, be very careful to avoid plot spoilers. Avoid social media on Sunday nights especially (this week, we got the episode last night due to it being SuperBowl weekend). It's quite a popular game series and one of the better game stories ever, so people are definitely out there just yapping openly about the plot.

I don't really do any social media these days and only typically hit a show spoiler if I specifically go looking for something.  I'm even careful when I check the Wiki for something about the show to not read any episode descriptions in advance.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't really do any social media these days and only typically hit a show spoiler if I specifically go looking for something.  I'm even careful when I check the Wiki for something about the show to not read any episode descriptions in advance.

That's really good! It's a very, very easy plot to spoil, so even I'm super careful if I don't watch the show immediately when it airs. The writers have been adding extra story bits in, so it's possible to get spoiled even if you do know what's going to happen.

It's sooooooooo goooooooooooooooooood thouuuuugh. IMO at least. 😂 The acting is phenomenal ahhhh.

Edit: Just saw you mentioned Episode 3. OMG. I can't even say anything too detailed because I don't want to spoil anyone else but OMG. 

Okay I'll say one thing - GIVE ALL THE EMMYS!!!! I was crying so hard I couldn't make sound anymore. 😂

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Emmy!
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes, you are one that I have to keep looking at the name on right now. I haven't adjusted to your new profile pic yet

I actually tried using the last one I had and couldn't find it..I may have deleted it or something, which i tend to do when my desktop gets too clogged with pictures.. hehehe

This one should be here for a good bit.. I try not to change them too often.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

Peeve: Those dumb adds where they have the model doing that stupid tongue sticking out thing where half the time their eyes are crossed..

Didn't this stupid thot trend stop trending like 2 years ago? why not just bring back duck lips while they are at it?

They need to stop calling it trending and call it sheeping.. Because that's all it is is sheep..

I just really hate seeing that in adds, hate hate hate it.. I don't know what it is, but I just can't click away from it fast enough.

I'm sure never buying nothing from anyone that uses that for an add either.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3