3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

People who write "infrared" and make me think, "Hold on! 'infrarred' ought to have two Rs in it!" and then immediately ... "Oh, yeah, duh.  'Infrarred' isn't a word. He meant INFRARED." And then walk away sheepishly. 🙄

When I see red, I think..bull! Maybe I should have been a matador.

10 minutes ago, Modulated said:

Peeve: People who don't realize that clicking a vendor 90000033311111 times is not going to make the item deliver any quicker. Went to get those freeee Lelutka heads and everyone is gone out of their everclicking minds!

Along this same line, moving closer and closer to the vendor, until you are almost standing on top of it (making it difficult for other to click it), also will not make it deliver any faster.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Along this same line, moving closer and closer to the vendor, until you are almost standing on top of it (making it difficult for other to click it), also will not make it deliver any faster.

..as if it were a 'Sploder with a big payout, only the closest avatars get paid!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 4:08 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I swear, I don't know how many times I wished I could do something like this to all the lingerers at the landing points..

It didn't matter if there was only 5 people in the sim. They have to stay either in the landing point or around it..

molecular-combustion.gif

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I swear, I don't know how many times I wished I could do something like this to all the lingerers at the landing points..

It didn't matter if there was only 5 people in the sim. They have to stay either in the landing point or around it..

molecular-combustion.gif

What I tend to do is fly before tping into a busy place.  At least I'm not falling ungracefully with my arms flailing uselessly.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

What I tend to do is fly before tping into a busy place.  At least I'm not falling ungracefully with my arms flailing uselessly.  

Yeah, I have the Firestorm setting to 'Always fly after TP' and I always have the Fly Override checked.  Then I immediately hit the Page Up (to get up a bit more) and then immediately hit an arrow key to move away a bit.  Then if I see that the place is a No Fly location, I will typically find a clear spot and land.

46 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

molecular-combustion.gif

I want to do that to lots of people for more reasons than just hanging out at TP landing points.

I detest TP landing points at places that are going to be getting lots of people -- like Advent Calendars and popular freebies (i.e. free heads).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kai Lyvingstone said:

I forgot how annoying it is to go to a club and the chat is just constant gesture spam, oh my lord. Especially the kind with the non-English characters to make ~fancy words~ and spam rows of text to make images.

PS: "TUUUUUUUUUNE"

CHOOOOOONN

gestuebator.jpg.e4fd71efef677890120967493e297423.jpg

And people wonder why nobody have real conversations in local chat anymore.

Edited by PermaRuthed
  • Haha 6

I know this is a very trivial peeve, but it really irks me when stores make their landing point so far away from the actual store and then give you no clue which direction you're supposed to go to find the store.  What are they thinking?  Then they make it a forced landing point so you can't even make your own landmark that takes you where you want to go.  What are they thinking? Done they want us to find the things they are selling?  Don't they want people to come back? 

• Like 5

On 12/20/2022 at 4:58 PM, Modulated said:

Peeve: People who don't realize that clicking a vendor 90000033311111 times is not going to make the item deliver any quicker. Went to get those freeee Lelutka heads and everyone is gone out of their everclicking minds!

I love those vendors that publicly humiliate mass clickers by saying "Stop mass clicking (so and so). It hurts!".  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kai Lyvingstone said:

I forgot how annoying it is to go to a club and the chat is just constant gesture spam, oh my lord. Especially the kind with the non-English characters to make ~fancy words~ and spam rows of text to make images.

PS: "TUUUUUUUUUNE"

How about this one:  "I love this tune!!!!  Ooohlalalala." I want to punch people who use it.

There are so many gestures and sounds that people spam in world that I just want to have banned.  The "sigh," the incessant lighter clicking,  the spankers, the orgasmic moans.   Ugh.  Save that crap for your home. Nobody needs to hear that at a store. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I know this is a very trivial peeve, but it really irks me when stores make their landing point so far away from the actual store and then give you no clue which direction you're supposed to go to find the store.  What are they thinking?  Then they make it a forced landing point so you can't even make your own landmark that takes you where you want to go.  What are they thinking? Done they want us to find the things they are selling?  Don't they want people to come back? 

UGH - YES !!!

This can at least help a bit though:  Create your own landmark and use it. While it will not TP you directly to the spot, it will provide a beacon showing you where that LM actually goes to, so you at least know what direction to go as soon as you TP in.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, PermaRuthed said:

CHOOOOOONN

gestuebator.jpg.e4fd71efef677890120967493e297423.jpg

And people wonder why nobody have real conversations in local chat anymore.

I thought maybe this was the Razor Ramon "Hardo Gay" Hooooo! (fooo?) gesture (based on a Japanese wrestler). Super annoying gesture!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Thanks 1

Ugh - Creators that set a clothing item as 'No Copy' (intentional or not) and then put it inside of a auto-unpack HUD and don't bother properly checking to ensure the unpack works correctly -- because those HUDs cannot unpack a No Copy item.

With so many things to unpack this time of year -- Advents, Events with Gifts, various store freebies -- it is very easy for me to not think about actually rezzing a HUD to ensure I got all of the pieces.  When I have lots of things to unpack, I will sometimes get them unpacked, but not actually get things tried on until later.  By the time that later comes around, the original box is probably gone (and trash emptied).  If the original unpack does not contain a picture, I might not even realize that a piece is missing.

In the case that gave me this peeve, there was a picture that indicated I was missing a piece, but in the fuddled brain of mine after unpacking many, many boxes last night, it still never dawned on me to check the original HUD/box.  Thus I ended up sending a note off to the creator, who probably still does not realize it was a 'no copy' problem, and they simply sent me a new HUD/box.  It was only after I did the auto-unpack, via a fresh morning brain, and still did not get the piece, that I thought to check the HUD contents.

And I still have no idea how many boxes I've unpacked in the last few days, that did not deliver a No Copy item -- and all of those boxes are gone.

And then there are the people that not only dress with extremely high CI when going to crowded places, but they also have their avatar tossing out a huge particle splatter when they arrive.  

/me resets her particle setting to remove that crap from her eyes

• Like 1