3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Here is a little peeve, not anything too bad, but really threw me for a loop..

I made this really amazing Egg Salad yesterday.

I mean I make an amazing Egg Salad.. The kind where all the men in the house get excited about..

I make it by the vat because, too little and they'll be wanting me to make more..

Well ,I made this big vat of my amazing egg salad yesterday, putting my love into it, enjoying myself making something I know they are excited about.. I really enjoy getting creative with it each time too.. A little switch here or there..

This is one of my best Egg Salads yet..

I went to the fridge a little bit ago and it's still there and untouched..

I made a sandwich with it yesterday and there is nothing wrong with it, in fact it's soo good.. This is like a first  for me, nobody eating my egg salad let alone not even touching it..

It's all still there..

They will probably eat it all today when they get home, but this has never happened before..

I wonder if they are messing with me..Their father playing with me.. That's the onyl thing that makes sense, because they were dying to dive into it..

Oh, I just thought of something! I'm gonna take it to the shop fridge and see who messes with who.. hehehe

Maybe they decided to be nice and give you a chance to have some before they inhaled it all like mine does. 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Of course they are messing with you, lassie - it's hardwired into that Y-chromosome thingy.

They only devour everything in sight like a plague of locusts when you don't want them to and have other plans for those ingredients.

Oh. You mean like eating my lunch for me? Where's my bat.

This is not a peeve but something I finally did. That is associated with a peeve about creators optimizing their objects. I finally stood up and told this specific creator to better optimize her clothes. I was getting sick and tired of having her boots or a phone be over 11k complexity and she has been in the creation game for 8 years. I am very proud of myself for calling this person out and telling them to do better. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

In fairness it does work the other way too - seems to be dependent on who's the one planning to cook.

Not in my house. I do not eat what he sets aside for himself without asking him first. Rarely is what I set aside for me still there when I go to get it. There are many things he can eat that I can't. There is nothing that I can eat that he can't.

I won't get into all the times he gets on my case for not eating. 

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

40 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Just read the most awful and simultaneously hilarious tweet about SL "forum mavens."

Oh my. The things apparently going on here that I had NO idea about.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

I don't have a Twit(ter) account, and I don't give a flying flippity doo dah. I give this the same reaction I gave being named in a ridiculous image as an alt of someone on VS. 

What part of it has zero impact on me and my life do they not understand? Are they still in high school?  

I mean, come on... maven is supposed to be an insult? LOL

image.png.e79c2c3fa7e9223a3022d8e0ac46e040.png

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I don't have a Twit(ter) account, and I don't give a flying flippity doo dah. I give this the same reaction I gave being named in a ridiculous image as an alt of someone on VS. 

What part of it has zero impact on me and my life do they not understand? Are they still in high school?  

I mean, come on... maven is supposed to be an insult? LOL

image.png.e79c2c3fa7e9223a3022d8e0ac46e040.png

Oh, the tweet in question is nothing to get very worked up about, honestly. It's awful, and funny, and funny because it's awful . . . and kind of awful because it's funny.

I do find it interesting what people say about the community here . . . when they aren't here. It's mildly interesting, how we are perceived.

But it makes absolutely no substantive difference to anything. I just mentioned it because it actually made me giggle aloud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, the tweet in question is nothing to get very worked up about, honestly. It's awful, and funny, and funny because it's awful . . . and kind of awful because it's funny.

I do find it interesting what people say about the community here . . . when they aren't here. It's mildly interesting, how we are perceived.

But it makes absolutely no substantive difference to anything. I just mentioned it because it actually made me giggle aloud.

I find the absurdity of the situation amusing. 🤭

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Just read the most awful and simultaneously hilarious tweet about SL "forum mavens."

Oh my. The things apparently going on here that I had NO idea about.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

"Maven" rhymes with raven, craven, misbehavin'..

• Sad 1

Tesco's PLASTIC corks in its bottles of Buck's Fizz...what's that about? :S It's really hard to pop it! I ended up bruising my palm and having to wrap my hands in two tea towels to force it out 😣 Just read some online reviews and complaints, and I'm not the only one - these plastic corks are a joke 👎 I think whoever came up with them should be put in a cell and not allowed to leave until they've opened a really really tight jar with their bare hands 👩‍⚖️

• Like 2

Having to buy translators, when LL could just create a function. I know they have one, but you have to pay for the API to even use it. Why not just put it in there for free. I mean again I get that there are HUDs, and I am not trying to sound ignorant. But it's taking up script timing space, just to use it. Whereas if we didn't have to pay for a bing or google translation API and it came equipped in it. Like it should be, then I would be happy. 

10 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Having to buy translators, when LL could just create a function. I know they have one, but you have to pay for the API to even use it. Why not just put it in there for free.

My memory gets fuzzy on dates, but before about 2010 there were only a couple of translators, neither of which was very good compared to what's available today.  I had Babbler, which was slow but fairly reliable and easy to use.  It had a limited vocabulary but helped with handy phrases like:

Mijn broer is een arts. Misschien kan hij helpen uw neus te maken.

De piraten vermijden gewoonlijk dit deel van stad in het weekend.

There was a translator built into the LL viewer until something like 2014. I think it was based on the Google API, which was free up until then. When translator APIs started to get really reliable, Google and Bing and whoever started charging for them, and LL decided not to absorb the cost. I wouldn't hold my breath about seeing a free one again.

• Like 2