1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I posted "You're So Vain" by Carly Simon weeks ago in the "What are you listening to?" thread. It wasn't about you then!

Who is it about then?  Message me privately...we don't want to point out someone right?

1 hour ago, missyrideout said:

Peeve: when a picture ain't a picture unless its got chromatic aberration, super fuzzy DoF, fake bokeh, lens flare and light leak overlays with a dutch angle and a faceapp smile. Pick one!

My pictures are pictures and I haven't used any of those.  Totally unedited.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

My pictures are pictures and I haven't used any of those.  Totally unedited.

People should check out your pictures more.  They are awesome, yet never edited with all that crap that so many other folks do to almost all of their pictures.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

People should check out your pictures more.  They are awesome, yet never edited with all that crap that so many other folks do to almost all of their pictures.

Thank you!  There are tons of great pictures in the picture threads that aren't using any major edits.  I used to do some basic editing but now, I just play around with EEP, light and shadow.  That's good enough for me.  Some people do enjoy the creativity in the editing software, though.  That's fine, too.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, missyrideout said:

Peeve: when a picture ain't a picture unless its got chromatic aberration, super fuzzy DoF, fake bokeh, lens flare and light leak overlays with a dutch angle and a faceapp smile. Pick one!

I use lens flare sometimes. Somewhat conservatively.

Bite me.

🤨

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

People in films or tv shows who pretend to go to the loo/rest room in order to call their agent handler/snoop in bedrooms/other secret task requiring a few minutes, but never actually go.  I'd have to go in that situation. :/ 

If you didn't come out with wet hands or smelling like the loo, you'd be suspected!

*Edit* Idea: Glue TP to the bottom of your shoe, to avoid shushpishion!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 1

Today is Vyshyvanka Day -- the day when Ukrainians celebrate their artistic and cultural heritage by wearing blouses, shirts, and dresses festooned with traditional Ukrainian embroidery. And there is next to nothing, other than a small handful of slightly sexed-up and pretty ancient fitmesh pieces on MP that really represents Ukrainian national dress.

Which is an awful shame, because it's frickin' gorgeous.

s-l500.jpg

I used to own a blouse a bit like that in RL . . . alas, long gone.

Well, I'll see what I can hobble together.

(/me waits for someone to suggest she learns mesh creation and rigging and do it herself in three . . . two . . . one . . .)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Today is Vyshyvanka Day -- the day when Ukrainians celebrate their artistic and cultural heritage by wearing blouses, shirts, and dresses festooned with traditional Ukrainian embroidery. And there is next to nothing, other than a small handful of slightly sexed-up and pretty ancient fitmesh pieces on MP that really represents Ukrainian national dress.

s-l500.jpg

(/me waits for someone to suggest she learns mesh creation and rigging and do it herself in three . . . two . . . one . . .)

OMG that is so pretty! Looks comfy, too. 

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

s-l500.jpg

Wow I really like that...looks very Guatemalan, so earthy. Is there a connection between Guatemala/Mayans and Ukraine in the distant past do you know?

Russia...Spain...Mexico...The Moors -- confused

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

OMG that is so pretty! Looks comfy, too. 

They are light (usually, depending on the amount of embroidery) and poufy and comfy and very pretty!

I may actually have to make one from a full perm kit. Hmmmm.

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Wow I really like that...looks very Guatemalan, so earthy. Is there a connection between Guatemala/Mayans and Ukraine in the distant past do you know?

Not that I know of. Argentina has a lot of Ukrainians, but I don't think Mexico or Central America has much of a connection with Ukraine.

It is very earthy, though. Ukrainian embroidery is embedded with designs that carry particular meanings, most of which are connected spiritually and mythically with the natural world.

I remember going to a wedding on the Ukrainian side of my family some years ago, and there was singing in the church, and my father jokingly commented that this was what he sang to the sun rising over the wheat fields every morning. Which he certainly never did, but it's not that far off the truth, culturally speaking. Ukrainians are very connected with the land.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Thanks Lindal! This was sweet of you!

The first one I actually own, and am wearing -- or the skirt part, anyway -- in a pic here somewhere. It's not terrible, but the blouse isn't embroidered, which is the central feature of Vyshyvanka Day.

The second one is not a terribly Ukrainian pattern.

I'm working on my own now! Pics soon(ish)!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Here we go. Not terrible for a quickie (as all my old bfs used to say . . .).

Needs a bit of fiddling with, still. I'll put together a proper pic later, to be posted elsewhere!

506297767_Vyshyvanka-Forum-2Blank.thumb.png.10db6bc24cd578cbf002fb588cfb2a8e.png

Ahhhhh! You look lovely! ❤️

You also work fast, damn girl LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1