Un ban people from the Casper help group

Studcrusher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Free speech is not an offense. And for those of us who dared to speak freely then be accused of speaking "Evil" words then be banned from the Casper help group is absurd. I am hoping LL will improve the costumer service and un ban all of us who did nothing to deserve such ban.

I speak of for all of us even if they dont know it yet.

Currently those of us have to submit a ticket to get any help and that ticket can take a day or 2 to get a response. That day or 2 could potentially stall business for the merchant. We can no longer go into teh group, ask the question and get an answer right away. Having to wait for teh answer can potentially stall any business involving the venders or drop boxes or what have you.

When updates or important critical notifications are sent out the unbanned members receive no such message.  When we are banned we are also taken off the customer courtesy notification list as well?

• Thanks 1

1A

The First Amendment provides that Congress make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting its free exercise. It protects freedom of speech, the press, assembly, and the right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

suffice LL is a private company are well within their rights to deny anything they deem offensive and that includes users taking action in groups they own or manage too.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

1A

The First Amendment provides that Congress make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting its free exercise. It protects freedom of speech, the press, assembly, and the right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

suffice LL is a private company are well within their rights to deny anything they deem offensive and that includes users taking action in groups they own or manage too.  

So u r saying there customer service will not improve?

U would think there perspective which is more then one mind is still gonna suck ?

Edited by Studcrusher
I=U

2 minutes ago, Studcrusher said:

So u r saying there customer service will not improve?

U would think there perspective which is more then one mind is still gonna suck ?

all I states is you came in with this free speech idea,  where there is not freedom of speech, there is a terms of service you must use and work with,  they can limit the ability to use these services if you act like some one stole your wheaties and you are throwing fits in group chats and support tickets, nobody has to take that kind of abuse.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Studcrusher said:

Free speech is not an offense. And for those of us who dared to speak freely then be accused of speaking "Evil" words then be banned from the Casper help group is absurd. I am hoping LL will improve the costumer service and un ban all of us who did nothing to deserve such ban.

I speak of for all of us even if they dont know it yet.

Currently those of us have to submit a ticket to get any help and that ticket can take a day or 2 to get a response. That day or 2 could potentially stall business for the merchant. We can no longer go into teh group, ask the question and get an answer right away. Having to wait for teh answer can potentially stall any business involving the venders or drop boxes or what have you.

When updates or important critical notifications are sent out the unbanned members receive no such message.  When we are banned we are also taken off the customer courtesy notification list as well?

Thank you for this contribution to our Forum community. All too often, individuals are reluctant to speak out on behalf of others.

Thanks again!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

all I states is you came in with this free speech idea,  where there is not freedom of speech, there is a terms of service you must use and work with,  they can limit the ability to use these services if you act like some one stole your wheaties and you are throwing fits in group chats and support tickets, nobody has to take that kind of abuse.

Your piont being?

24 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Ignoring all the freeze peach etc ... 

Casper is now a Linden product. It's not acceptable for the support for that product to be withheld from some residents for some or any reason.

This.

I don't know of instances of LL applying selective restrictions to residents. If you're banned or suspended, that applies to access to everything in-world.

I can't imagine any reason why they'd change that now. They can have little interest in applying sanctions that were imposed by someone else for unknown reasons.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Ignoring all the freeze peach etc ... 

Casper is now a Linden product. It's not acceptable for the support for that product to be withheld from some residents for some or any reason.

I am treading gingerly here..

There is at least one well-known Forumite who has repeatedly told us they were banned from LL's JIRA.  However, they are not banned from in-world, or the Forums.

Assuming they were banned form LL's JIRA for good and "just" reasons:  Do you agree this is an example of having "support withheld", where LL is "in the right" to withhold support?  Or do you disagree?

I know of a gaming service that out right bans people from using their support portal for being toxic and hateful towards the support staff,  I'm willing to bet LL has something in place too for such people whom want to abuse support staff and act like a toxic mess.    (yes I replied, but had a good reply for this topic)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Studcrusher said:

False. The same group notices sent in the regular group, are also sent in the open join CasperTech Announcements group.

7 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I know of a gaming service that out right bans people from using their support portal for being toxic and hateful towards the support staff,  I'm willing to bet LL has something in place too for such people whom want to abuse support staff and act like a toxic mess.    (yes I replied, but had a good reply for this topic)

Exactly what I meant!

24 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That does bring up a good question though.. Now if anyone has a problem, will they have to file a ticket rather than have a group in world to go to?

I guess there is maybe live chat  for some, maybe?

I am not going into the topic of this discussion. I work for Caspertech support and i can tell you that both our supportgroup and ticketsystem will run as normal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone

I've asked the team to remove all our existing group bans, so we'll reset from scratch. Please note that you are still expected to adhere to the group rules. Things like abuse or racism/hate speech WILL get you an instant ban.

Please note that we have never banned people from getting support. Our ticket system is the primary avenue for support.

It might take a little while for the bans to be lifted, but please file a ticket if you would like access. 

~Casper

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

I am not going into the topic of this discussion. I work for Caspertech support and i can tell you that both our supportgroup and ticketsystem will run as normal. 

That wasn't really about Caspervend more than about when things do get changed over or whatever is going to happen..

A lot of us don't know if this move is just to ease the burden on you guys, or if LL are going to  be doing it all at a certain point.. Would people  at that point have to make a ticket..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.