If Not Lara,Then..?

Charalyne Blackwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

More details are needed. How important is shopping for the new clothes? If important, then the only possible option would be Legacy (either regular or perky, depends what type of breasts you want to get on your look). Other popular/supported bodies are all on the thick side.

If not important and you don't care about new releases as long as you have something to wear at all, then Belleza Venus is very slender. But yeah, saying clothing is limited for that body is to not say anything. Older Blueberry releases have them, some stuff on the MP (lots of FP retextures) and that's it.

• Like 3

Yup, I wanted to suggest Venus or Isis, but I figured she might want clothes at some point. 😄

Lucybody and Maitreya are the only female bodies I wear. Only a brand new sporty/athletic body with slight but defined muscles and clothes and mods in every imaginable fashion style spilling out from every store would get me to part with my overflowing wardrobes these days.

Legacy can go slender - it's nice. Wardrobe's good, too. 

Your options expand if you just wanna run around nekkie, tho. For that, Kalhene ANALEXA is flexible. Chest options built-in. Has its own included wardrobe. Never seen much made for it outside of that.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yup, I wanted to suggest Venus or Isis, but I figured she might want clothes at some point. 😄

Lucybody and Maitreya are the only female bodies I wear. Only a brand new sporty/athletic body with slight but defined muscles and clothes and mods in every imaginable fashion style spilling out from every store would get me to part with my overflowing wardrobes these days.

Legacy can go slender - it's nice. Wardrobe's good, too. 

Your options expand if you just wanna run around nekkie, tho. For that, Kalhene ANALEXA is flexible. Chest options built-in. Has its own included wardrobe. Never seen much made for it outside of that.

Lucybody is a new one to me, haven't heard of it yet. 

• Like 1

Just now, Charalyne Blackwood said:

Lucybody is a new one to me, haven't heard of it yet. 

It's just a freebie that can wear almost Maitreya's entire wardrobe (with some alpha magic, at times, depending on the store). The feet typically wear Slink size shoes, but there's a newish foot mod to allow it to wear higher boots and shoes designed for Maitreya. You do need to pay 199L I think it is for the BOM relay to make it fully BOM compatible, but the body itself is a Midnight Mania freebie. 

I use it on my neglected alt because I'm too cheap to get her the paid version. I never use her and she's fully dressed in group gifts, freebies, and whatever free gift cards/credits I can get her at events. The body shape is actually slightly more curvy in the hips than Maitreya, and I'm always jealous of her butt!!! I do have it on Aya, too, but I never wear it on this account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In terms of new bodies, Prima would be one to watch.

They have a curvy variant, but that's not the interesting one - the interesting one is the Petite variant, which would seem to be a Maitreya competitor.

See here (NSFW):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37690108@N05/52328430267/in/dateposted/

Unfortunately it's intended to be no-mod, so I'd be unlikely to buy it. Sigh.

Edited by Jenna Huntsman
Better image
  • Like 2

I like to have a slender body shape, also.   I have tried a demo of Legacy and of Slink Hourglass but wasn't able to get a shape I liked from them. 

I have Lara, Tonic Fine and Slink Physique Original - of the 3 I like Slink the best and it is the one I wear most often. 

While it's not common to find clothes for the original Slink at events, there are a few times when I'm surprised and find something I like that comes with both Maitreya and Slink at an event.  I have found stores where I like the clothing styles which include Slink Original and Maitreya (and sometimes even Tonic Fine), so I don't really feel limited in my choices for buying clothes, but I am also not one who is out buying clothes every weekend or every event. 

I do like some of the Tonic made clothes for Tonic Fine, but I'm not as happy with the shape of the legs on Tonic, so that is why I don't wear it as frequently as I wear Slink. 

Every so often I get Lara out and give it another try, but after a few days I usually end up back using Slink - it just seems like a better fit for me.  If I come across some outfit that I really, really like, and it only comes with Maitreya, I may buy it, but it would have to be something that really catches my attention.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

I like to have a slender body shape, also.   I have tried a demo of Legacy and of Slink Hourglass but wasn't able to get a shape I liked from them. 

I have Lara, Tonic Fine and Slink Physique Original - of the 3 I like Slink the best and it is the one I wear most often. 

While it's not common to find clothes for the original Slink at events, there are a few times when I'm surprised and find something I like that comes with both Maitreya and Slink at an event.  I have found stores where I like the clothing styles which include Slink Original and Maitreya (and sometimes even Tonic Fine), so I don't really feel limited in my choices for buying clothes, but I am also not one who is out buying clothes every weekend or every event. 

I do like some of the Tonic made clothes for Tonic Fine, but I'm not as happy with the shape of the legs on Tonic, so that is why I don't wear it as frequently as I wear Slink. 

Every so often I get Lara out and give it another try, but after a few days I usually end up back using Slink - it just seems like a better fit for me.  If I come across some outfit that I really, really like, and it only comes with Maitreya, I may buy it, but it would have to be something that really catches my attention.   

I had a Slink original, but I really liked the hands and feet options on the Lara so much better. It's gonna be mostly for pics so I may have it redelivered.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

I had a Slink original, but I really liked the hands and feet options on the Lara so much better. It's gonna be mostly for pics so I may have it redelivered.

There is a longer-than-normal length in the middle section of the fingers on Slink, but it's only noticeable in some hand poses, so it doesn't bother me too much.  Tonic Fine may also have that issue with fingers, but it's been a while since I've worn Tonic. I suppose Lara's hands are better in that aspect. 

Regarding feet, though, I do like the Slink feet best.   I've had Slink hands and feet much longer than I've had any of the mesh bodies, so I just feel really comfortable with them. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

There is a longer-than-normal length in the middle section of the fingers on Slink, but it's only noticeable in some hand poses, so it doesn't bother me too much.  Tonic Fine may also have that issue with fingers, but it's been a while since I've worn Tonic. I suppose Lara's hands are better in that aspect. 

Regarding feet, though, I do like the Slink feet best.   I've had Slink hands and feet much longer than I've had any of the mesh bodies, so I just feel really comfortable with them. 

Are Slink hands and feet still separate from the body?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

I don't have a clear yes or no answer for this. When the Redux (BOM) version came out, there was an option to get the body with feet and hands attached if you owned a majority of the foot shapes.  In terms of what's being sold in the store, right now, or what is included in the redelivery, I'm not sure if they are separate or if there's an option to buy them all together.  I don't remember what the number of feet you needed in order to get everything attached was but checking in the Slink group with the CSR might be a good idea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd say the best alternative besides Legacy is Belleza Isis, though there's not a lot of clothing for it and what there is, is mostly older stuff. No new releases, except stores that are only using old fullperm templates.  Freya has  more and it can get pretty slim with the sliders but can't go petite in the chest. Same with Erika, but Erika has far less to wear than even Isis.

Slink, as far as I know, now comes with hands and feet included in the pack, but for a slim shape you'd need Physique, not Hourglass, and that's yet another body with not much to wear any more.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

Yes and no. It depends on which model you buy or previously owned.

I haven't been to the Slink store in awhile. So I went there. They still sell hands and feet separate from the body.

I am always finding stuff to wear and finding new stores with Slink stuff I want. I don't feel deprived. But, there are more people making stuff for other bodies.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

At the Slink store you can buy a body bundle which includes hands and feet (and includes them attached, according to the more info documentation from the store).

If you own a prior version of the body and redelivery does not deliver a bundle version, if you own at least 4 of the feet styles or the deluxe feet set you can contact Slink Resident in order to be upgraded to the bundle version of the body with the attached hands and feet. 

• Like 2

Unless you really really want a different body there's no reason to get something other than Lara if that's what is working for you.  It's got enough support and enough new releases and free things for it that it's not hard to find things to wear for it.  There is a lot less available for Slink than there is for Maitreya.

I've decided that I'm going to stick with Lara and yes it's older but until a new body comes around that can be the shape I want AND has plenty of support there is no reason to try and change. The Prima body looks interesting but if there aren't creators that will be making clothes for it then there isn't a point in switching.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Tess Falworth said:

Most likely not. Lara has the support, solid build, and pretty much all the clothes add on etc for it being made. 

This also leads to many folks recommending the Lucybody Atenea for newcomers and SL veterans looking to upgrade or add to their body collection without spending a ton of L$. Atenea is highly compatible with Maitreya clothes. The feet are Slink friendly; there's a Maitreya high heels add-on available.

Lara is my main mesh body, but I still use Atenea occasionally... and so do several of my female alts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeromFranzic said:

This also leads to many folks recommending the Lucybody Atenea for newcomers and SL veterans looking to upgrade or add to their body collection without spending a ton of L$. Atenea is highly compatible with Maitreya clothes. The feet are Slink friendly; there's a Maitreya high heels add-on available.

Lara is my main mesh body, but I still use Atenea occasionally... and so do several of my female alts.

Tasha wears the LucyBody Atenea when she's in human form (or whatever the wolf version of Neko would be). It's a great body for the price, but has a few problems.

The neck doesn't blend with a Lelutka head as perfectly as the Maitreya Lara body does.

The complexity is higher than Lara's. It doesn't have autohide. The HUD is a bit more cumbersome, though it also has some options Lara's doesn't.

Still, it's fantastic for a cheapie body.  (One really needs to pay the $L 197 for the BOM applier, so it's not actually free. )

• Like 2

16 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

More details are needed. How important is shopping for the new clothes? If important, then the only possible option would be Legacy (either regular or perky, depends what type of breasts you want to get on your look). Other popular/supported bodies are all on the thick side.

If not important and you don't care about new releases as long as you have something to wear at all, then Belleza Venus is very slender. But yeah, saying clothing is limited for that body is to not say anything. Older Blueberry releases have them, some stuff on the MP (lots of FP retextures) and that's it.

Nooooo, not Venus. Isis maybe. Isis was meant to replace Venus. It's still possible to find some clothes that fit Isis, but there's no clothes for Venus anymore.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2022 at 10:17 AM, Jenna Huntsman said:

In terms of new bodies, Prima would be one to watch.

They have a curvy variant, but that's not the interesting one - the interesting one is the Petite variant, which would seem to be a Maitreya competitor.

See here (NSFW):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37690108@N05/52328430267/in/dateposted/

Unfortunately it's intended to be no-mod, so I'd be unlikely to buy it. Sigh.

They're launching the brand at Fameshed and Kinky, so I'm interested to see what clothes will be launched at those events. I'm interested, cautiously, but the only items I've seen made by brands I recognize at all are lingerie and bikinis. The body does look so good, though. 

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.