Is Lara "done"?

angelikiinha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Do people do this in RL? Do they get this upset about which sneakers or jeans people wear? Do some people have a need to create drama over matters that shouldn't really matter to them? This is just weird. 😕

Speaking as a former RL teacher now:
At high school  (- college) age, it is not uncommon in some groups. It mostly depends on the leaders attitudes towards clothing and appearance. Some groups can become really vicious about that kind of stuff. Others not so much or not at all.
Following their group leaders is very important for most teens.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Do people do this in RL? Do they get this upset about which sneakers or jeans people wear? Do some people have a need to create drama over matters that shouldn't really matter to them? This is just weird. 😕

Over clothes? I don't know but things like Apple vs Android, Xbox vs Playstation, Star Trek vs Star Wars, the original version of something vs the tv/movie adaption, sports teams that happens all the time, especially when things are so tied to someone's identity and I think that is more what is happening with the mesh bodies and heads. I'm not really into fashion IRL so I have no idea if it's like that with clothes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2022 at 12:30 PM, MillyWH said:

Over clothes? I don't know but things like Apple vs Android, Xbox vs Playstation, Star Trek vs Star Wars, the original version of something vs the tv/movie adaption, sports teams that happens all the time, especially when things are so tied to someone's identity and I think that is more what is happening with the mesh bodies and heads. I'm not really into fashion IRL so I have no idea if it's like that with clothes.

Im in a good mood, so I will settle this once and for all, the right answers are:

-Android
-Xbox
-Star Wars
-Original (even if it was in black and white)
-My sports team (I dont have one, but it would be the right answer if I did)

No one out of highschool should care about what other people wear, unless that is literally your job, like a fashion critic or work in wardrobe in a movie set, etc.

Regarding Maitreya, I dont think it´s going anywhere, and my conspiracy theory senses are tingling at all the sudden new mentions of it.  Someone on this or other similar thread said that Maitreya was so ubiquitous, that it´s the standard that people use to deviate from.  It´s the Disney of mesh bodies.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, StarlanderGoods said:

Regarding Maitreya, I dont think it´s going anywhere, and my conspiracy theory senses are tingling at all the sudden new mentions of it.  

There is 100% a play to position Maitreya as "outdated" or otherwise undesirable. The astroturfed comments in the Linden Lab tutorial video were obvious as hell.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

There is 100% a play to position Maitreya as "outdated" or otherwise undesirable. The astroturfed comments in the Linden Lab tutorial video were obvious as hell.

No there isn't. You're starting to sound like a conspiracy nut. Maitreya isn't going anywhere but it certainly is becoming a dated body. Creators have been voicing their frustration with the dev kit on numerous social platforms. Maitreya has refused to update it. Time will tell if creators slowly stop supporting the body or not. I know some already have. That's the truth. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, TimKoul said:

No there isn't. You're starting to sound like a conspiracy nut. Maitreya isn't going anywhere but it certainly is becoming a dated body. Creators have been voicing their frustration with the dev kit on numerous social platforms. Maitreya has refused to update it. Time will tell if creators slowly stop supporting the body or not. I know some already have. That's the truth. 

OK, buddy.

It's interesting to compare the mesh head market with that for women's mesh bodies. Izzie's has just completed a survey of their customers; the mesh head situation is much less fragmented. It's completely dominated by LeLutka.

"From 951 respondents 76,8 % are wearing a LeLutka head in Evo X mode, followed by Catwa Original heads (5,5%), Genus and LeLutka Evo Classic (each 4%), Catwa HDPRO (2,4%) and LAQ (1,9%)."

Part of the reason for this, I suppose, is that there is much less in the way of accessories that are specifically rigged for one head or another -- although EvoX has changed that to some degree by remapping the mesh.

On the whole, the situation for mesh bodes seems to me much healthier, with a great deal more competition and choice. I don't want to see Maitreya less well-supported than it is -- I wear Maitreya most of the time. But I wouldn't mind seeing an even more balanced situation, with Maitreya falling a bit. Competition and choice are good.

https://izzies.wordpress.com/2022/09/06/mesh-head-poll-results/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's interesting to compare the mesh head market with that for women's mesh bodies. Izzie's has just completed a survey of their customers; the mesh head situation is much less fragmented. It's completely dominated by LeLutka.

But since LeLutka is licensing their UV to other head makers, LeLutka taking the lion's share of the market is also good for smaller brands like GaEG and Akeruka who were never available to leverage much market share despite the quality of the products because no one was making skins/cosmetics specifically for them. My alt exclusively wears an AK head rigged for EvoX, which is the best of both worlds - both a head a small amount of people are using AND cosmetics widely available for it.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

On 9/7/2022 at 1:22 AM, PermaRuthed said:

Mesh is overrated and complex. Everyone should go back to system basics.

I hear you! Sometimes I pull up my system based stash of PermaRutheds, Unreal* avatars, doges and cates when I want to TP and am bored of staring at my inventory, wondering what to wear.

*simple, anime styled avatars that can be found on the MP for a bit of L$. 

• Like 5

On 9/3/2022 at 10:08 PM, Blaise Glendevon said:

You're familiar with the expression about if you meet assholes all day long?

I am. 

It's very interesting that name-calling is inappropriate yet it's how you call someone an ***** that doesnt break any rules. I'm learning my way around this place.

But anyways, I think at some point Maitreya will be done when mesh starts to fade out and something newer takes it's place, whatever that may be. Will be a long time, obviously. As long as creators, specially popular ones, create for that body, Maitreya will remain on top. But no queen rules forever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.