Hey! Forum Lurkers and Silent Friends! Say Hello Here!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there,

I read forums from time to time when I have a bit of spare time. I also am one who's not sure what's happening on a lot of posts, but that's partly down to my habit of skimming rather than reading thoroughly 🤔 but I still enjoy some of the discussions that happen.

I also spend much less time in SL than I used to, so forums are one way to keep in touch with what's going on.

Oh, also 100% introvert.

Greetings everyone 🦊😊

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

On 8/10/2022 at 9:46 PM, Paul Hexem said:

I ran into somebody the other day in a very pink location. I was kind of surprised.

Where is this place as I'd like to see it being quite partial to pink myself. I wear a lot of pink clothing and accessories as befits a Barbie Doll but none of my usual haunts in S/L are heavy on pink textures so can't be me that you saw. I take it that you are a pink fan being you were in this mystery place?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Tary Allen said:

I lurk a lot, except for the Linden Homes sub-forum. 

Honest, most of the time I don't know what the hell is happening. 

So, hi

If I let not knowing what the hell is happening stop me, I'd never post either.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

If I let not knowing what the hell is happening stop me, I'd never post either.

I think a lot of us would agree that sometimes the less you know the better. :)

The only problem is then "one" (one = me) tends to land in muck one didn't know was there and thereby getting into some awkward or wtf? situations, usually both. :/

• Like 2

Oooooh! Thank you, @Lindal Kidd ! Finally! Bimbo fantasy I get, and you can't sling a pink pixel platform shoe without hitting one in SL. (You kind of have to try hard NOT to be part of it!) This was from UK real life, but I've seen this person in SL a billion times. :)

Geez, thank you. Paul was driving me battier, and I was about ready to go all ♀ otter-y on him. :D
image.png.51cd48cc96f62d4cd939e45616802ff4.png

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Lillani Lowell said:

I used to be a /sortof/ regular poster/lurker, way back in the day.

Not so much any more.

Once or twice in a rare moon.

One comes and goes.

I've had spells of a few years where I'd only poke my head in briefly to wave.

But it's always been a "home" to me. And it is, still, to you when you want to come back.

Thanks for saying hi!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Oooooh! Thank you, @Lindal Kidd ! Finally! Bimbo fantasy I get, and you can't sling a pink pixel platform shoe without hitting one in SL. (You kind of have to try hard NOT to be part of it!) This was from UK real life, but I've seen this person in SL a billion times. :)

Geez, thank you. Paul was driving me battier, and I was about ready to go all ♀ otter-y on him. :D
image.png.51cd48cc96f62d4cd939e45616802ff4.png

I think I'm going to need a bigger *facepalm*

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Bimbo fantasy I get, and you can't sling a pink pixel platform shoe without hitting one in SL. (You kind of have to try hard NOT to be part of it!) 

Disclaimer: I have no idea what's going on in this thread (hello errabody!).

This tho - I feel suuuuper sheltered right now because I've never seen this in SL! And I'm quite literally pink sometimes (skin + hair + clothing). Running around like a Hello Kitty store exploded on me. 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Foxx Ghoststar said:

Hi there,

I read forums from time to time when I have a bit of spare time. I also am one who's not sure what's happening on a lot of posts, but that's partly down to my habit of skimming rather than reading thoroughly 🤔 but I still enjoy some of the discussions that happen.

I also spend much less time in SL than I used to, so forums are one way to keep in touch with what's going on.

Oh, also 100% introvert.

Greetings everyone 🦊😊

Hi Foxx!

Welcome to the place where introverts and extroverts collide, co-mingle, and reproduce promiscuously!

And yeah, as others have said, it's frequently a mystery what's going on in any particular thread, so you needn't feel you're the only one!

Thank you for posting! It's lovely to know you're here with us!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hi Foxx!

Welcome to the place where introverts and extroverts collide, co-mingle, and reproduce promiscuously!

And yeah, as others have said, it's frequently a mystery what's going on in any particular thread, so you needn't feel you're the only one!

Thank you for posting! It's lovely to know you're here with us!

Thank you for the nice welcome Scylla 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Where did you find the answer? Cuz I'm mystified too. So far as I can tell, a female otter is called a "sow."

Sow what?

sow???? uh no... think female dog

ETA: Oh god, this isn't gonna be a sock/4th of July thing IS it????
I see, via Google that "sow" is used, but by far the bee-word is most prevalent. It's what we called them in CA, where they hung out in sloughs and made rafts.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Robin Kiyori said:

Sorta lurker sorta poster. All round beep boop. I love these fourms, even if sometimes it's a love-hate relationship. Been posting a wee bit less due to having college last year. discovering headmates and currently.

..the plague. 💀

I remember you! :)  Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

He was stabbed earlier today.

“From the beginning men used God to justify the unjustifiable.”
Salman Rushdie

Good god. Because you said this, I just looked at the news, which I've been avoiding for mental health reasons. (And this is a prime example why.) Thank you Kiera. And I'm going to edit my post because of it. I hope he recovers... (And no, I didn't recognize his photo, but did once you said...)

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Robin Kiyori said:

Sorta lurker sorta poster. All round beep boop. I love these fourms, even if sometimes it's a love-hate relationship. Been posting a wee bit less due to having college last year. discovering headmates and currently.

..the plague. 💀

Well, we chatted in-world earlier, so maybe this is redundant, but beep boop back at you! Thanks for posting.

Now, please post more. We like your posts. They're smart and interesting!

Also, lots and lots of liquids, sleep, and painkillers. That's just to offset the effects of posting here; for the Covid, you might want to do other things as well.

GET BETTER!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.