Is the belleza line getting phased out by the newer mesh bodies?

Khilie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone else has heard that the Belleza Freya body is slowly getting phased out by the newer bodies being made? I read a reddit article by a Ryan SHultz person that said it was happening because all the newer bodies are getting clothes made for them but not any of the newer stuff for the belleza freya bodies... If that's the case, hopefully these new body makers realize some of us don't just have 2500-4000L just laying around for a rainy day when someone gets a wild hair and decides to make a new expensive body.. I know new things are always coming out and being made but it took me literally years to get the money up just to get a mesh body. And also if they want people to buy their products do they ever think about making them a little lower in price so that some of us NON MILLIONAIRES  can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

There is still so much GOOD content for the belleza bodies that I won't throw mine away.. I don't use it at the moment, but so much has been made already that is even better than many newer things. Plus some I believe still make things for them.. I think you might find more for Freya, but it's been a little bit since I've shopped for it..

New things really don't add up to better.. I've got things from years ago from blueberry that look so much better than many things coming out today..

I think if you are wanting to shop like, whats trending, you will run into that problem.. But just shop by the name of the body and see what comes up..

Shopping by what's trending will dig into your purse pretty deep..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 7

Venus and Isis are already pretty much dead and buried, with no new content for them at all, but Freya still has some traction and is still getting a few new releases from some creators. Addams and Blueberry are two of the biggest designers and they still always include Freya in every release, at least for now. And the stuff that's out there now will likely still be available for years to come, so it's not likely that you'll ever run out of anything to buy.

If you mean, whether Belleza are planning to discontinue the bodies altogether, there's no hint of that at all. And even if they did, it wouldn't affect the body you already own.

• Like 5

On 8/4/2022 at 6:46 PM, Khilie said:

Snip:

hopefully these new body makers realize some of us don't just have 2500-4000L just laying around for a rainy day when someone gets a wild hair and decides to make a new expensive body.. I know new things are always coming out and being made but it took me literally years to get the money up just to get a mesh body. And also if they want people to buy their products do they ever think about making them a little lower in price so that some of us NON MILLIONAIRES  can.

That's the risk you take buying anything in SL, what's hot for a week may be old news the next, and that's what is happening with that body- and others mind you-right now.  Complaining about the cost of things is kinda pointless , especially in SL. Reason: all of it is extra fluff.

• Like 4

Not to mention that those who bought TMP bodies did not get them updated for free when the Legacy bodies came out.

Did they get a discount? I do not remember.

So those who bought TMP the same year as Belleza came out, was more unlucky than those who bought Belleza. Slink, Belleza and Maitreya give out free updates.

One could not guess that Belleza would be so slow to update. That really killed those bodies. Not Jake. It was a dip in interest for it because of the neck. But it never died, simply because the options for men are so limited.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4

To some extent, yes it already happened. However, it happened a long time ago at this point. Creators have been dropping Freya for a while now, first it was when Legacy came out, then Kupra, then Ebody. Over time, if you don't pay attention to these things, it would appear that it suddenly happened when really it's been going on for a good 3-4 years.

Saying that no new stuff isn't being made for it is hyperbolic. If you go to FaMeshed or C88 or any tier 1 event you can still find things for Freya. It just won't be in 90% of the outfits like it once was. If you go to tier 2 events, you're likely to see more items that include Freya( and Hourglass too!).

I think people realize, the majority of SL users don't change often and there's still a place for older bodies like Freya and Hourglass. They just aren't the juggernauts they used to be, but there are also more than 3 viable bodies on the market now. It's just that the people that shop a lot are more willing to change bodies and heads than your usual SL user, so of course a fashion blogger would say something like that. It just doesn't mean it's true.

A good alternative to finding some very nice things that may or not be at shopping events is flickr. There's a couple of groups you can join where you can see all kind of cool things: Creations & Designs, SL Designs & Creators, and Show your SL Adds (yes its spelled that way). A lot of smaller creators use them and yes they make new stuff for Belleza still...all the bodies.

• Like 4

For those still using Belleza Isis, Venus, and Freya, Hilly Haalan is having an 88L sale this weekend and quite a few of the items come in those sizes.  More are in Freya than the other two, but they're worth a look.  All of Hilly's outfits come with large color HUDs, so it's a bargain.  Some of them also offer a size M for classic bodies too. 

• Like 4

Yes, I've noticed and it's disheartening to go to events now so mostly I'm avoiding them.
I still wear Belleza Freya and there are a number of stores I love that I still shop at.  When I see that a creator has decided to phase out my body I stop buying from them, even older stock in a form of protest. Although I will bust through some free credits if they are given!

I will probably throw in the towel and go Legacy at the next big sale they have (probably around Black Friday). I still plan on back and forthing between Legacy and Freya if I do switch though. I've made too many ready to go outfits not too!

One good thing to come out of this "lack" for me is I'm finding cute stuff I forgot I bought in my inventory!

• Like 1

I like the Legacy body shape too but I wouldn't buy it even if it was the last supported body on the grid. For a number of reasons

• Complexity is waaay to high, far higher than any other body. 
  • It "breaks apart" at even moderate altitude (gaps appear between the alpha sections)
  • The hud is all server-side controlled so if the business goes bust, or their service provider goes bust, or for a hundred and one other possible reasons they go offline, you're left with a brick that you can't do anything with any more.  That might not happen for several years. Or it might heppen next week. You do not buy a Legacy body in the same way you buy any other body. You are only renting it, for an unknown period of time. It's a dreadful business model.
  • It's terribly over-priced, considering all the above factors.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, ThisJourney said:

I don't know if this was a joke or fake news but did Belleza release a new body or updates? Or plans to?

They did; quite some time ago (maybe a year ago?). BOM now works properly (alpha layers will work) and they are modifyable. They still don't have bento hand animations though, only poses, so you will still need a bento AO for them.

If you already own one, get a redelivery. If you want to buy one, they are still half price, as far as I know. And the womens bodies are also "three for the price of two" so you can basically get them all for about L$2500.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

There's been a rumor floating around that they're coming out with a new body, yes.

I hope it's not another thiccums body. That market is overstuffed, pardon the pun. Something closer to Isis or Venus, with a small bust option like Perky or Petite would be something I'd like to try.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I hope it's not another thiccums body. That market is overstuffed, pardon the pun. Something closer to Isis or Venus, with a small bust option like Perky or Petite would be something I'd like to try.

I can only say "Amen" to this comment. I am so so tired of seeing those (then by most users turned unrealistic as hell through a shape) super thicko bodies around the grid. If it was at least well proportioned chubby or bigger bodies - awesome, we need more of that body confidence in SL! But those.. 5 inch waist line 5000 inch butt.. bodies... 🤢

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I can't see them releasing a body thats a competitor to one they already have, and this would be better done as an upgrade or mod rather than as a completely new body.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

I can't see them releasing a body thats a competitor to one they already have, and this would be better done as an upgrade or mod rather than as a completely new body.

Eh, not necessarily. I remember when they came out with the last update, someone here who had never worn the body bought it and started complaining about a small hump on the back. I had been wearing it for years and never noticed that (probably because I usually wear longer hair). Correcting that with an update would probably break every top in existence for Freya and lead to very angry people complaining about broken content.

If they are going to do something, a new body would probably be the better way to go imo. There would probably need to be a nice discount for people that already have one of the older bodies though. I would buy it if I got 50% off or something.

3 hours ago, Michael Blackwood said:

I can only say "Amen" to this comment. I am so so tired of seeing those (then by most users turned unrealistic as hell through a shape) super thicko bodies around the grid. If it was at least well proportioned chubby or bigger bodies - awesome, we need more of that body confidence in SL! But those.. 5 inch waist line 5000 inch butt.. bodies... 🤢

Roll it back. I'm not judging women who wear those figures. I just want to see something with up to the moment rigging and meshing in a different proportion. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Is a new body in a slimmer profile a competitor to Venus and Isis if no one makes clothes for those bodies and they're hardly spotted out in the wild, though?

3 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

complaining about a small hump on the back.

That was me.  I often wear updos or just a hairbase and a bun/ponytail so it was just something so out of the norm for me to see that I couldn't unsee it.   Otherwise, I thought the body was great.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

That was me.  I often wear updos or just a hairbase and a bun/ponytail so it was just something so out of the norm for me to see that I couldn't unsee it.   Otherwise, I thought the body was great.

It’s fine, my point was more so about how adjusting something like that could affect all of the clothes that came before a potential update. It’s definitely a valid quibble.

I remember when they updated to bento it broke some content. 

• Like 1

Hope they do. Plenty of bodies have come out of nowhere and taken SL by storm in a short time. It can and will happen again. So I imagine that's why people with the skill and experience are still thinking of their next release. Every body on the market has flaws that could be improved on by savvy creators. Overly complex, problematic media based HUDs, weird feet (and hands, and shoulders, and knees, and thumbs, and elbows...)  skinny calves that arent rigged to fat / muscle sliders,  high waists, overly round hips, not round enough hips, difficult to shape, too much butt, not enough butt, shelf butt, too many deformers and addons needed to achieve certain looks, neck issues (mesh, but also materials mismatches, my 5k to the first creator that develops some kind of evox / mesh body material matching built-in) and the list goes on and on.

Edited by missyrideout

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.