Some like it hot!

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Do you like chillies, hot peppers and hot sauces? I'm a bit of an addict :P I pour Maggi chilli sauce or Prik Nam Pla on most things, and am always ordering Mrs Renfro's Carolina Reaper salsa online...I think she's my surrogate mother xD I know the Carolina Reaper is meant to be the hottest in the world, but the one that makes me blow my nose and run for milk is Bhut Jolokia 🔥🥵 

Thread for chilli lovers! Or do you dislike them and don't see what the fuss is about?

image.thumb.jpeg.aace382e83dbf539b1a2bdd646ae1921.jpeg

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I thought this was going to be about heatwaves. :D Well, I don't like them or chillies and the like, so that will be the extent of my responses here.  Have fun. :) 

You can talk about heatwaves if you prefer...I don't care if my threads go off topic, as long as it doesn't end up in a political argument xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I've also toured the Tabasco factory in Louisiana.

Crystal is another nice sauce from there! My favourite Tabasco is the Scorpion brand, but they're harder to find, I normally have to order it online.

image.thumb.jpeg.ca3c94e875309d8b1525b3a26ef100bb.jpeg

• Like 2

We pretty much have these on the table every meal.

Tiger sauce is my favorite I use it in a lot of recipes. I'm not much into the heat, but I love the tastes of hot sauces.. Louisiana Hot sauce makes a version of their sauce that taste like hot sauce without the heat..

My husband and my oldest love it more hot than us other three.. I do like some peppers though, but not really hot ones. Sport and banana mostly.

075076600010_grande.jpg?v=1511996199

8ffcd8a6-dd39-4f9e-beb3-1abe2c25c4d8_lar

5238.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

We pretty much have these on the table every meal.

Tiger sauce is my favorite I use it in a lot of recipes. I'm not much into the heat, but I love the tastes of hot sauces.. Louisiana Hot sauce makes a version of their sauce that taste like hot sauce without the heat..

My husband and my oldest love it more hot than us other three.. I do like some peppers though, but not really hot ones. Sport and banana mostly.

075076600010_grande.jpg?v=1511996199

8ffcd8a6-dd39-4f9e-beb3-1abe2c25c4d8_lar

5238.jpg

Tiger sauce was a favorite for awhile, not sure but I probably used it on Asian cuisine.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In case you didn't know, Krystal sauce is from a fast food hamburger chain! They specialize in "sliders".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krystal_(restaurant)

Ya, they are like white castle, which also had sliders..

I never understand food places that took to that knickname that came about, because of the effect those burgers had on peoples systems the next day..

It sure wasn't because they went in so easy.. hehehehe

• Like 2

Not really a fan of hot sauce although I do enjoy Tabasco.  I never thought it was 'hot' like most of the others.  What I do love is wasabi/horseradish.  It hits hard and fast and then goes away.  It doesn't linger in your mouth, throat or stomach the way chilies and hot sauce do.  Prime rib with horseradish sauce...yummm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Kinda had to ban hot sauce in my home due to my partner’s heart failure.  So I use a lot of fresh jalapeños, onions & garlic in my cooking now.  ButI love sriracha & I have an unopened bottle of Dexter Holland’s  (The Offspring) hot sauce.  

A15D9307-32BB-47AE-8AD4-E38328DD98FB.jpeg

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Not really a fan of hot sauce although I do enjoy Tabasco.  I never thought it was 'hot' like most of the others.  What I do love is wasabi/horseradish.  It hits hard and fast and then goes away.  It doesn't linger in your mouth, throat or stomach the way chilies and hot sauce do.  Prime rib with horseradish sauce...yummm.

Omg I love horseradish.. I even like when it stings my nose when I open it up.. Minced garlic kind of does that too..

I had wasabi a couple of times and ya that's really good too..

I think those don't have that molecular hold going on like peppers do because they are more root family..  Where Peppers  heat just sticks around and binds to you impacting every bite afterwards..

• Like 2

Oh man, hot mustard is so so so good. MMMM. Ever accidentally eat too much at once tho and feel the pulsing rising heat that creeps up to the top of your head and sets your hair on fire? I do that all the time, lol.

hercules-animated.gif

My usual thing is cayenne pepper. I put that in everything - even breakfast. Spicy Indian curries, tho...oh my gosh, gimme.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh man, hot mustard is so so so good. MMMM. Ever accidentally eat too much at once tho and feel the pulsing rising heat that creeps up to the top of your head and sets your hair on fire? I do that all the time, lol.

I usually stop when I get the searing nose burn!

• Like 2

I'm so sensitive to hot spices, I'm crying when there's more than a pinch of white pepper in my food!
...I'm joking. Kinda. I build up an tolerance and can now enjoy a light sprinkle of cracked black pepper, okay?!
But yeah, for reals, I don't enjoy it very much, a light hotness I can roll with if I get it on accident.
I once grabbed the wrong bag of marinated chicken wings, and.. I didn't taste anything, but pain. I was starving tho, so I scarfed it down, but that was the least enjoable meal I ever had in my entire life. 
My guy likes it really hot, so yeah, sometimes I have to endure that. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I thought this was going to be about heatwaves. :D Well, I don't like them or chillies and the like, so that will be the extent of my responses here.  Have fun. :) 

Not laughing at you. I had the same impression when I saw the title. 😅

5 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

You can talk about heatwaves if you prefer...I don't care if my threads go off topic, as long as it doesn't end up in a political argument xD

To be fair, some sauces do make you feel like you're in a heatwave.

Chili is awesome; life would be quite dull without them. I do like me some spiced vinegar. I like to put it on pierogis and beef chow fun.

394434_1c860f20-60b1-40c7-a9c6-729b0524f

I picked up a jar of rose harissa in Tesco on my last trip in London.  I paid about £3 GBP or $3.55 USD. I should've stockpiled had I known the same jar could cost me $13 USD in my city.

61exxRSss+L._SX385_.jpg

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.