Third party Viewer Phönix/Firestorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

NGL Firestorm today is just a laggy unoptimized mess of a TPV. 

...prepares next "slower than other viewers due to million options because there's always somebody who can't live with the slightest changes and demands options plus megabug" release of Firestorm...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

NGL Firestorm today is just a laggy unoptimized mess of a TPV. 

It is?  Goodness me, I must have got my download from an unauthorized source and it is missing stuff...'cos mine works just fine!

PS:  Just kidding I got it from the firestorm  page (I'm not (contrary to popular rumour) stupid).

• Like 2

Runs perfectly fine for me, too.  Having slogged through trying to use the official LL viewer, I can't understand how anyone uses that.  Soooo many features I use daily are just not there.  Sad, really.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jackson Redstar said:

But in a digital world, why is "height" even important? Its all about porportion in realtion to other objects around you or you interact with

It's not which is why I asked, why does it matter.  When I made my shape, I didn't even pay attention the the number shown in height.  I made my shape in relation to what was around me in my home.  She's about average although does look taller than most depending on where I am.  Lots of petite girls in adult regions lately while in moderate places, I'm the short one.

On 7/11/2022 at 1:21 PM, Jackson Redstar said:

But in a digital world, why is "height" even important? Its all about porportion in realtion to other objects around you or you interact with

You're quite right, but in order to establish proportionate people and things across the board, we require some agreed-to system of measurement. Otherwise, every time I need to check the sizing of the sofa I'm building, I'll have to call you up to come and sit on it.

On 7/10/2022 at 7:30 PM, Coffee Pancake said:
On 7/10/2022 at 6:45 PM, Ansariel Hiller said:

First: "U" is not a word, but a vowel. If you mean "you", you should write it - thank you!

... contemplates putting all avatar appearance customization code into it's own branch named MEGABUG right about now ... 

In Eurorack, "U" is a measure of module Height, while "HP" is a measure of module Width. Synthesizer modules. Quoting one thread on "ModWiggler": "HP is the WIDTH and is a multiple of 5.08mm while U is the HEIGHT and is a multiple of 44.5mm". (I literally have to deal with this.)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In Eurorack, "U" is a measure of module Height, while "HP" is a measure of module Width. Synthesizer modules. Quoting one thread on "ModWiggler": "HP is the WIDTH and is a multiple of 5.08mm while U is the HEIGHT and is a multiple of 44.5mm". (I literally have to deal with this.)

I thought it was 44.45mm (1.75 inches) per "U".  (EIA-310)

Edited by Ardy Lay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.