SL Premium Plus broken?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Caitlyn Lewinter said:

I upgraded to Premium Plus I did not get the increase in groups. Is this something that is delayed like the lindens?

Haven't seen anyone complaining it was broken.  Have you tried relogging?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

One of the Premium benefits is Live Chat -- so contact them tomorrow.

Yes, and another is supposed to be telephone support, but after searching diligently, I have so far been unable to find a support phone number. I upgraded the day it became available.

Edited by Jennifer Boyle
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Yes, and another is supposed to be telephone support, but after searching diligently, I have so far been unable to find a support phone number. I upgraded the day it became available.

Did you go through the process of filing a support ticket?  Perhaps that number will be available somewhere during that process.  If they just posted it on the website, anyone would be able to access it.

Edited by Rowan Amore

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Did you go through the process of filing a support ticket?  Perhaps that number will be available somewhere during that process.  If they just posted it on the website, anyone would be able to access it.

Couldn't they easily make it visible only to Premium+ members? I assumed that they could and went to the Support Portal expecting to see it.

• Like 1

If you mean a Linden home for 2048m2 I don't think they have released those yet.  What you can/should  be able to do it have a 1024 Linden home and buy 1024 on the mainland with no tier (you have to pay to buy the mainland plot) or you could have 2048m2 of mainland and not have a Linden home, again you have to buy the mainland.

59 minutes ago, Catchat Littlepaws said:

I have the same issue actually, I did paying for Premium Plus.

I can upload picture, song free but I don't have the possibility choice a house with 2048SQM and I don't get the additional group.

that's a future feature, "future" replacing the before used "soon"  .. don't hold your breath yet.

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

After I got Premium Plus, I bought a 2048 parcel with double prims. It was expensive, but I wouldn't get double prims any other way, and with Premium Plus I won't have to pay any tier fee.

Of course, if one's objective is to get 2048 tier without additional tier fees, the best deal (annualized net stipend) is two Premium accounts for $78. The Premium Plus would cost $118.

People have been calling this "Premium Stacking".

I bit the bullet and went Premium Plus. I've had two premium accounts for years with one of those accounts paying the additional $7 monthly for some time. The idea of free texture uploads is what clinched it for me. And while being able to upload as many textures as I like and not feeling guilty for uploading a texture with mistakes and then having to delete said texture only to upload the corrected one, I think the biggest motivation for me is making pics for clothing folders.

For years, because I'm cheap or extremely frugal, I hated having to upload a texture for a clothing folder that didn't come with one already, and I never made pics for my outfits or furnishings. But that's all about to change! Yes, I know I'm paying for it in the long run but it's already paid. I don't have to think about it. And honestly, with how disorganized Blush's inventory currently is, I'm sure I'll get my money's worth in no time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Of course, if one's objective is to get 2048 tier without additional tier fees, the best deal (annualized net stipend) is two Premium accounts for $78. The Premium Plus would cost $118.

People have been calling this "Premium Stacking".

I don't question that - I wasn't looking for a "deal".  I was looking to take advantage of my Premium Plus 2048 tier, with a single parcel, and 1 account.

Money was not a factor at all, I wanted to support the new Premium Plus program.

EDC3BF45-2978-40B2-B1E4-7BD367B9C897.jpeg.5f7a8058f0d0b47a7588df5768c7e426.jpeg

Hmm .... $99 (plus any applicable tax) multiplied twice ($198 plus applicable tax) a year vs. $249 (plus applicable tax) a year ... "Stacking" accounts together should not be factored in nor should any L$ conversions (a trick oh so many still like to pretend is 'normal').

That comes to - for the Annual - $99 plus tax vs $249 plus tax. For some, the perk difference may well be worth the extra cost especially when considering the removal of three sinks and a much lower group creation cost.

Some will be in my shoes: Even the $99 Annual is a bit much to have come out all at once and thus we opt for the Monthly (some opted for Quarterly while it was still an option)despite it coming out to be more expensive per year than the $99 up front.

To put this into some context for you: Some of us are on fixed incomes (with or without additional assistance) and simply cannot have very many Yearly subscriptions coming out. We have to plan a bit. No, we cannot rely on stockpiling L$ to "sell back" at a later date - that stipend becomes an offset to whatever our Entertainment Budget has set aside for SL (if anything), it is a batch of L$ that we did not have to directly purchase. That last bit really does seem to go over some people's heads as well - it's lovely that you can afford to use your Stipend as a Membership Offset, stop treating that as if it were a matter of course.

My own Entertainment Budget allows for a single Premium subscription, paid Monthly (debated going Quarterly in the past) alongside a parcel rental fee and occasionally a smallish additional bit of L$ for general shopping - that last offset by the Stipend.

I have other subscriptions elsewhere that are Monthly as well with the sole exception being for a particularly useful bit of software (below $50 a year) - this includes an Amazon Prime membership (Shipping Fees add up).

"Just stack your accounts, it's cheaper!" - No, it isn't. "Stockpile your L$ and sell them back before the subscription(s) come due!" - Covered above, can't.

So ... $11.99 plus tax vs. $29.99 plus tax - an $18 difference before tax, a little over $19 after tax (for where I live). Per month? That's doable.

I could get into the offset for the monthly rental cost but that'd just rile up the crowd that likes to think everyone stockpiles (or should stockpile) their Stipend. Suffice to say I am utterly unwilling to pay the prices out there for purchasing a Mainland Parcel, let alone one that is at doubled LI (my island parcel rental is an object bonus of only 1.1) - especially not for the size I'd be looking at (4096). That upfront cost is a no go for me.

Bottom Line: If it looks like a good deal for you then go for it. If not, don't.

I likely will here soon.

• Like 4

The reason I make these little financial posts its to point out that you do have payment options that are not obvious to some. I absolutely understand that many people do not care what things cost and/or do not make these decisions as Homo economicus.

How we pay LL is not simple and much depends on predicting the future. For example, assuming I plan to stay at least a year, should I pay annually or monthly for Premium.  That would be either $99 once or $11.99 twelve times ($143.88).  I could put the $99 on a credit card and pay it back over the year. Only an incredibly high interest rate would result in me paying more than $143.88.  Linden Lab charges ALOT for the option of quitting.

On textures... I use local textures in Firestorm and only upload final ones. Once you learn the "how to get a UUID of a local texture trick", this always works. For clothing, I take a snapshot of every outfit, but save the image on my laptop. These are viewed with a thumbnail program. These methods keep my texture uploads minimized and my inventory less bloated.

On premium stacking... It is the ONLY way to get multiple Linden Homes so it appears to be a common practice. It is also required to address the "tier packing problem". (I satirized our strange tier system in The Parable of the Potato Patch)

Edited by diamond Marchant

1 hour ago, diamond Marchant said:

On textures... I use local textures in Firestorm and only upload final ones. Once you learn the "how to get a UUID of a local texture trick", this always works. For clothing, I take a snapshot of every outfit, but save the image on my laptop. These are viewed with a thumbnail program. These methods keep my texture uploads minimized and my inventory less bloated.

I use local textures most of the time, but it's annoying when working on a detailed build with multiple sessions to constantly have to reset the local textures. Have I dealt with that annoyance for many years? Sure. But now I don't have to feel as though I'm wasting money if I upload the textures so that I don't have to log into a bunch of gray surfaces. And though I have used local textures for years, I still notice things about a texture that annoy me days after I thought I had finalized that texture. So, being the perfectionist that I am I can't count the number of times I've reuploaded textures I thought were finalized days if not weeks ago.

I have the CTS wardrobe for both Blush and Debi, but ya know what? It's a pain in my backside. Can I keep a directory of my own on my computer? Sure, do I want to? Absolutely not. 

So what works for you and may be your preferred method doesn't mean others haven't already tried it and decided it's a no go for them. Who knows, in a few weeks I may decide snapping pics and dropping them in my inventory doesn't have the end result I think it will have. Doesn't matter really, because for me .. today .. I'm glad I made the decision, after days of careful consideration, to opt into PP. :) 

By the way, using local textures is also available in the Linden Lab viewer for those who are unaware of the feature in that viewer.

Edited by Blush Bravin
added about local textures in LL viewer
  • Like 1

Way back in my early days here, I thought of the Stipend as a reduction in my annual membership fee.  However, I have never sold the L$ to pay for the renewal, so I ultimately changed my thinking on that.  They are nothing but a small offset of the L$ that I buy every few months.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.