NUX Avatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Claireschen Hesten said:

When I made the original post NUX/Senra was most definitely fully there with everything in the library logged my mAlt in to try it and it appears to have since been removed. There was definitely actual heads, bodies, outfits etc. in there

Yup.   They can pull things from Library and reissue them.     Have done that in the past with the last series of Starter Avas when perms were borked.

Question:   Were there any of HUD's included?

6 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

No alpha HUD or anything like that, I do recall a HUD or wearable with animations was in the body folder

Good.   Was not expecting an Alpha Cut Hud.   But a Avatar AO in HUD form, and a hand animation selector HUD with the 'missing' foot flipper controls are BASIC equipment.

Edited by KathrynLisbeth

I thought the Dev Kit was supposed to be released BEFORE the bodies got into circulation. If so, it wouldn't be too surprising that whatever we got in our Library folders for a while not only wasn't announced, but may not be complete.

That makes it kind of interesting, how the content kind of winked out of existence while leaving (some of?) the folders intact.

Now that I think about it, when I copied the Blake folder up to main inventory, it said it was going to copy an even 400 items but then reported it only copied 300-some. At the time, I took the "400" to be an estimate, but now I wonder if the contents were evaporating as the copying was underway.

• Like 4

But Seriously...    As long as there is at least a HUD,  Like 'What the Big Kids (Us) Wear'  is a Good thing.   You have to get them used to the 'concept' of HUD controls.      Of course if you wanted to be fancy,  could include a ground sit button just for 'Hey!  Look!  It can do more than one thing!',  even if one can ground sit via other means, too.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PJBear Bitey said:

I don't know that I want an avatar that looks like I pooped myself.

Aya.   Most places one might look askance at that.   Most places.

But...   At least is easier to say to a new user.    Take that thing on the screen off and put this new thing on.  Ya know, one of the AO's that makes you look like you have ants in your pants.

Baby Steps / Training Wheels and all that Blah Blah

Edited by KathrynLisbeth
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Flat feet only?

Of course.    But since they did get pulled back out of the library,  Last chance Y'all.    Just saw off them legs about mid calf and reship them with flat and heel options,   don't forget to include corresponding shoebases (modify) of the correct height.    

Sorta fits in with all that whole New Users Getting Help from Mentors thing?    

And don't worry,  they will upgrade bodies soon enough.    Because even more SHOES!   (and compatibility with other parts 'Wink Wink, Nod Nod')

Might work better than just waiting for New users to get heels or go to a shoe store, and then get mad at SL there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KathrynLisbeth said:

But...   At least is easier to say to a new user.    Take that thing on the screen off and put this new thing on.  Ya know, one of the AO's that makes you look like you have ants in your pants.

If you're trying to help a newbie in the Welcome Hub regions who wants a cute feminine AO, send them up the ramp to the Shopping region. The second store on the right is Body Language, which has a cute free female AO for newbies. ( I don't recall if it's for under 30 days or under 90 days.)

It has a simple walk, a cute twirl, a normal stand, and a jumpy stand like you need to pee. It's easy to use and better than the duck walk.

Go with them and show them how to pick up freebies, if you really want to be helpful. Most packages there don't need to be rezzed, but if they do, there's also a Sandbox region.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The second store on the right is Body Language, which has a cute free female AO for newbies. ( I don't recall if it's for under 30 days or under 90 days.)....

I will have to look at that AO.   I understand why they would do the under 30/90 day thing, if they do..  well... maybe they pass out copies to Mentors anyway.      I pass people the AX-001 or AX-002.  That way when I am showing them the AO,  I can gyazo a screenshot or vid & mimic what they can look like inworld as well.    

Of course..   Is all well and good...   UNTIL THEY ASK ABOUT HIGH HEELS!    LOL

Now that does sound like a joke, but...   

Recalling other threads and other posts and the How it takes HOURS to bring someone up to speed on avatar configuration....

The Option Could have been:  change out your shoes,  mesh feet,  & shoe base / foot shaper.

Now is...  Well?  Um?  Er?  Hmmm?    You see.. Uh?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, KathrynLisbeth said:

Is all well and good...   UNTIL THEY ASK ABOUT HIGH HEELS!

This issue is going to make most newbies who want human female bodies feel like a freak, as soon as they begin to wander around SL.  I would have thought that LL would want the NUX bodies to last a newbie for more than a week or so, no? 

🙄

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.