Meet the Lindens at SL19B

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Strawberry Linden has made a Meet the Lindens at SL19B! post in the community blogs. In the past, these have been live public events at the SL birthday celebration. The blog post appears to say that two of the talks will be prerecorded, questions must be submitted in advance via google forms, and Mr. Oberwager (top Linden Research executive) is not currently scheduled to appear.

Is Linden Research battening down the hatches?

meet the moles.PNG

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Strawberry Linden has made a Meet the Lindens at SL19B! post in the community blogs. In the past, these have been live public events at the SL birthday celebration. The blog post appears to say that two of the talks will be prerecorded, questions must be submitted in advance via google forms, and Mr. Oberwager (top Linden Research executive) is not currently scheduled to appear.

meet the moles.PNG

That link does not lead to the community blogs.

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

So I'm not sure why the link leads to another site, weird that it's not within the scope of LL blog setup on site.

Simple, if you understand the SL royalty system. Saffia Widdershins will conduct all the interviews, as is normal.  From her public profile:

Saffia is the Owner and Editor of Prim Perfect, Second Life's first magazine for Homes and Gardens.
Website and latest news at www.primperfect.net/

Producer and presenter of Designing Worlds - the show for design and designers in Virtual Worlds
http://designingworlds.wordpress.com/  (Profile Pic by Strawberry Linden)

You submit your questions to Saffia and she chooses which ones to ask the Lindens during the interviews.  She is using her own blog website, which seems normal.

Strawberry runs the Community blogs section, and Saffia has one of many SL member's blogs that are covered there.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

That link does not lead to the community blogs.

Curious, isn't it.  If you start here https://community.secondlife.com/  and click on the Blogs pull down and select Community News, you get here https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/blog/9-community-news/ and if you scroll down you find the PrimPerfect post header which you must expand, and that gives you a link to https://primperfect.net/2022/06/14/meet-the-lindens-at-sl19b/

It is almost as if Strawberry is trying to bury it. Why didn't she put this information in the Featured News category like this one https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/11022-sl19b-music-fest-lineup-calendar-of-events/

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Why didn't she put this information in the Featured News category like this one

Because that "blog" is by Linden Lab, and they never like to announce something too far in advance, given the short memories of SLers?  SL19B will be announced there "very soon", given that it starts in 2 days.

Strawberry covers the member blogs written by the SL community, which are not on the LL time schedule.  She will list the 400 stores in the SL19B shopnhop on on June 15 when early access begins.  

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

questions must be submitted in advance via google forms

3 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

It is almost as if Strawberry is trying to bury it.

You'd think they're afraid of the kinds of questions they might get asked!

But their user engagement is so good, that can't possibly be the case, can it?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Actually at SL18B, all sessions were live, Mr. Oberwager attended, and Saffia took questions from the audience in real time. I remember because I asked some.

SL18B meet the moles...

Some were Live.    I remember the Meet the Moles Event.  I was there, too.    

The one with Mr. Oberwager was a pre-recorded Parcel Media Thing.

• Like 3

Strawberry's Blog Post has data under the banner that appears to be normal. ""Once again, Saffia Widdershins will be meeting the Lindens at SL19b, the annual birthday celebration for Second Life. Full details of all the guests and the location will be given soon.... But if you have questions you want to ask the Lindens, you can ask them here" Read more on the blog."

the hyperlink is to here Meet the Lindens at SL19B! – Prim Perfect

blog.jpg

• Like 1

Found this info from the hyperlink

Once again, Saffia Widdershins will be meeting the Lindens at SL19b, the annual birthday celebration for Second Life.

Full details of all the guests and the location will be given soon. At this point, the following talks have been confirmed:

Monday 20th June – Patch Linden (I’m sure Linden Homes will get a mention!)
Tuesday 21st June – tba
Wednesday 22nd June – the Marketing Team
Thursday 23rd June – Grumpity and Mojo Linden (the tech talk!)
Friday 24th June – Meet the Moles!

All talks will be at 2pm SLT.

This year, two talks will be pre-recorded – the Marketing Team being one of them. But if you have questions you want to ask the Lindens, you can ask them here:

(paul here below is what the form looks like) 

question sheet.jpg

Edited by Paulsian
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

meet the moles.PNG

It's ok, I haven't had any opportunity to meet the head of my telephone company, either, so it's all good.

If you want to see what Brad's latest thinking is, here's an interesting interview where the CEO of Super League Gaming also speaks.

Prim Perfect/Designing Worlds has always done these sorts of interviews. They are always interesting, and Saffia does ask some hard questions sometimes.

I can remember the early birthdays when the sim where Philip was speaking was full at 40 avatars. The rest of us had our noses pressed to the glass on the next sim.  The Lindens used to put out repeaters that looked like old fashioned radios which hosts could obtain to have their group hear the speeches.

The one advantage to having the interviews pre-recorded is that anyone can watch them and you don't feel you have lost out by not getting on the sim (although of course they could do it live on YouTube as well).

I'm going to file some questions.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Waiomao said:

Guys, if you're unhappy with the way things are going in SL then submit a question and attend. Being grumpy behind the scenes doesn't change anything.

Carefully screened questions at events during the workday when most people can't log in. Yeah, that's the kinds of opportunities we need to make ourselves heard!

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.