Starberry Passion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, wanted to have an opinion on my avatar, visited a sim the other day was about empowerment and was a venue

Wasn't a sexual sim but they said that I look like a child and that Linden Lab would shut them down and ban everyone because I was there.

MyAvatar.thumb.png.717e38da9fffea299f4bfb42434222a9.png

This is my avatar; she has The Prim Head: Creator Lelutka

Legacy Perky: Creator, The Mesh Project.  

She is 5'5" in the appearance editor, which is probably around 5'9" 6'0" maybe more irl

I've asked several people how I look, majority of them said I do not look like a child, some of them said that I do.

I've also been told that I look like Gemma Ward, which I also slid my face into a facial recognizer, and she looks 82% like her so there is that

Does this, with my body both look like a child and is this worthy for linden lab to come knocking at someone's door simply because I am around even on non-sexual sims? 

Am I a child or an adult? 

Edit: Not asking about your opinion on what sim owners are saying, I'm asking your opinion on my avatar, I'm sharing my experience with you that lead me to the point of asking for an opinion of my avatar, so that I can have more insight and see where I need changed and if I really look like a child or an adult.

Edited by Emily Nova

8 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

Your avatar looks like a teen to me and very cute, but all that matters in the end is what the sim owners decide.

Thank you for your input, wasn't just about the sim owner but over-all.

The scare-tactic that Linden Lab is going to come shut people down because of my looks is very unfair and can be used to control how one looks.

If you are someone that likes looking cute. "Linden Lab is going to come take us down because of you." 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Emily Nova said:

The scare-tactic that Linden Lab is going to come shut people down because of my looks is very unfair and can be used to control how one looks.

If you are someone that likes looking cute. "Linden Lab is going to come take us down because of you." 

You've probably been here long enough to know region owners have always used the same excuse for not allowing avatars THEY feel look less than 18.  However, if there was any adult furniture there, being used or not, they might be airing on the side of caution.  

I agree with @colleen Criss.  She does look teenish.  A cute look that seems to be quite popular.  

• Like 7

It is about the region owner.  They pay for the region, so they make the rules.  If they think you look like a child and are worried about possible repercussions, then they can ask you to change or leave.

Our opinions on the age of your avatar won't change anything and can't be used to argue with a region owner about your look and whether they allow you to go there.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You've probably been here long enough to know region owners have always used the same excuse for not allowing avatars THEY feel look less than 18.  However, if there was any adult furniture there, being used or not, they might be airing on the side of caution.  

I agree with @colleen Criss.  She does look teenish.  A cute look that seems to be quite popular.  

To my understanding, which I was told, there was to be no adult furniture at all. They told me that, only in private, would there be anything.

No public stuff will have any adult sexual stuff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

It is about the region owner.  They pay for the region, so they make the rules.  If they think you look like a child and are worried about possible repercussions, then they can ask you to change or leave.

Our opinions on the age of your avatar won't change anything and can't be used to argue with a region owner about your look and whether they allow you to go there.

I'm not looking for it to change their opinion, looking for it to give me insight. I just shared my experience that I went through. I just want to know if it looks like a child or not, depending on the answers I can adjust accordingly.

I shared with you what I went throw to get to this point into asking an opinion about my avatar so I can get a clearer understanding where I see not a child to what others see so I can be like "Hm, ok then maybe if I change this then that."

• Like 2

Yeah, to me a bit on the 16-ish teen side of looks. I've sadly seen much younger looking on the riskier "teen-focused" sims ... you only need to visit Tiki or Lolitas (a "dance" place), or anything with the word "grandpa" in the title ... to wonder how badly LL is turning a blind eye to the "right on the edge stuff", but as others have pointed out, sim owners make the rules.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Emily Nova said:

To my understanding, which I was told, there was to be no adult furniture at all. They told me that, only in private, would there be anything.

No public stuff will have any adult sexual stuff.

Then that isn't the issue.  Many region owners use the excuse of getting into trouble for even allowing under 18 looking avatars into adult regions.  Although they're technically allowed in all land ratings, it's still at their discretion to let them.

Personally, whenever is see "over 18" in a profile chances are the avatar is aware they may look less than 18.  Bottom line, region owners make the rule on that.  It would be nice if they stopped using the ToS to enforce their own rules, though.

Many people here won't see your avatar as under 18.  I do for what that's worth.

• Like 6

Okay, you brought up adult furniture and the Lab shutting down venues.

You look like a young teen, in my opinion.  It is not only the size/height of your avatar., but the cute look that you chose.  It is cute.  There are other places you can go where this look will be interpreted differently and others will have similar styles.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Okay, you brought up adult furniture and the Lab shutting down venues.

You look like a young teen, in my opinion.  It is not only the size/height of your avatar., but the cute look that you chose.  It is cute.  There are other places you can go where this look will be interpreted differently and others will have similar styles.

Yes, that was a part of the convo that they said to me. It is why I threw that in.

If I would meet you like this in RL, I would go for 15 - 16 ish when it comes to age.
The thin arms and the small hands make your avatar look not totally full grown.

And for the rest about allowing you on a sim or not, what the others already said.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Emily Nova said:

That is how the sim owner deals with how they view your avatar and they have the right to make the call per TOS of LL. If you feel like LL's is wrong you surely can contact them but in the end they will say it is the sim owners call. 

I love looking cute but I also want to look mature adult cute. You do you. Enjoy SL.

If i had to guess i'd say 16 and under not too far off some the ad's ive seen recently for skins/cosmetics trying to pass off what looks like a toddler as an adult. if this was RL and you were trying to buy booze or some other age restricted product you'd definitely get asked for ID

• Like 4

The face to me, doesn't look like it's hit puberty yet.. That may be what they are focused on..

Also some places will have something that will measure your height.. It doesn't matter what you look like in those sims if you aren't tall enough..

I just have to say,Those thigh straps look painfully tight for such a thing girl.. Ouch!

• Like 5

I'm familiar with that head. It's Lel's newest if I'm not mistaken. Super cute, but I immediately thought "this would make for a great pixie, fairy, elf, porcelain doll avatar" when they first unveiled it. I still haven't demoed it myself, but as someone who does make fantasy avatars in that vein, I'd definitely say if you want to go for a human with it, you'll want to age it up a little bit. Right out of the box with a plain human skin, it'll look a bit younger. My guess with your current look would be mid-late teens.

If you want some ideas - hit up Izzie's and try on some age spots, strategic lines and wrinkles, eye bags, blemishes, etc. Try some fun makeup and accessories (glasses, jewelry, piercings). Work on the hair a bit. Play with your shape (head and body) and try different outfits.

If you go on Flickr and search "Lelutka Prim," you'll find a ton of photos of what people have been able to create with it. Some do opt for younger looks (much like the cutesy porcelain doll look I mentioned), and others age her up quite nicely. It really depends on what you want.

And grrrrrr, after seeing what people are doing with it, now I want to add it to my "to buy" list, too. It's too cute!

3 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If i had to guess i'd say 16 and under not too far off some the ad's ive seen recently for skins/cosmetics trying to pass off what looks like a toddler as an adult. if this was RL and you were trying to buy booze or some other age restricted product you'd definitely get asked for ID

This might be a good way to think about whether one's avatar looks old enough to pass as an adult. Think if I looked like this in RL, would I get carded for alcohol and clubs?

I think with a little more muscle on her torso slider and a top that isn't slipping off her shoulder, she would be accepted in most SL clubs as an adult.

Edited by Persephone Emerald

Definitely looks under 18 to me also. I'm not surprised many sim owners have a zero tolerance policy for avatars which may potentially look under 18, particularly if they have a moderate/adult theme. Surely this is a good thing? 

Also, avatar height on SL is deceptive. This is because many residents have avatars far in excess of average heights in the real world. If you are 5'5" in SL (which is more or less average female height in many western countries), you will look below average/very short on SL and this will not help in terms of convincing people that your avatar is intended to look 18+.

Edited by Exavor Diesel
  • Like 4

At times it's a bit hard to judge things like age in SL, isn't it? Especially when proportions take a turn for the idealised, whatever that ideal might be.

Still, if I were to guess, I'd firmly place the avatar around sixteen years. To me it's mostly the ratio of head size to the body, the softness of the face structure, the A-Shape waist that can quickly look underdeveloped despite the thighs and also the thigh gap.

Yet all of these are also frequent beauty markers for the more exaggerated features so often found within SL, so I can kind of see where it is coming from.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Personally, whenever is see "over 18" in a profile chances are the avatar is aware they may look less than 18. 

It's like how "the lady doth protest too much" and every (usually conservative) accusation is a confession.  I remember seeing one profile of one girl saying that's she "18+" and totes not a child. A few months later she got banned by LL permanently for a g e play.

Edited by PermaRuthed
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.