How to piss me off

CaithLynnSayes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yeah it's a pity some people are quick to just write a negative review rather than contacting the creator to discuss the issue.

I came unstuck with my own scripted lights with EEP because they suddenly seemed out of synch with the default LL day cycle. Once I set my own parcel to "use region settings" the problem was fixed.  As i want my lights in synch with the region, I then decided to redo the script using llGetRegionSunDirection, which totally ignores what the parcel is set to anyway.

• Like 1

Blurr out the name of the reviewer as naming and shaming is against the rules.

IMHO, *you* sound like a toddler rolling around the floor screaming in your aggressive and petty reply.

Edited by So Whimsy
  • Like 7

/me offers tea and sympathy (or full fat milky extra-strong coffee as is my weapon of choice this morning).

You should have added this to the Pet Peeves thread.  I HATE people who put negative reviews that are inaccurate in real life as well as Second Life. You sound like you've been given that last straw, CaithLynn. 

Edited screenshot to blur out the name. (even though it's right on MP publicly, but sure ;) )b33b43f3079ba83c367c4b285493c008.thumb.png.fc4332f355903cbc1e06d462755b659f.png

6 hours ago, So Whimsy said:

IMHO, *you* sound like a toddler rolling around the floor screaming in your aggressive and petty reply.

Ok, you can think that. I support your right to think that :)

I'll never deny that i will speak my mind. I'm not known to care about feel-feels. It's a bit of a shame that you seemed to have missed my point? Correct me if i'm wrong.

The point is simple. This is an old item, it costs L$25. That's 0.06 cents if i'm not mistaken? It still works is the main point but people seem to have massively 1-starred it around the same point EEP came out. Regions still do day cycles and this light still reacts to it, thus doing what it is meant to do. I just find it slightly dishonest towards the creator (not me, to be clear) that it seems to be belittled like that.

If that seems like me being a toddler, then i can only be left confused.

Oh, also. My point was not to "target" the reviewer that was visible in the screenshot, it's a lot more 1-star reviews right after each other from different people. That's what made me want to shine a light on that. (oh yes, thats a massive intended pun ;) )

Edited by CaithLynnSayes

22 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

If that seems like me being a toddler, then i can only be left confused.

Not sure why I need to spell this out but no, that is not why I called you out for acting like a toddler. It's because of the way you wrote the review which goes from one personal attack to another. Wrongful reviews suck, as can anyone agree but responding in the way you did? Two wrongs do not make a right.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

b33b43f3079ba83c367c4b285493c008.thumb.png.fc4332f355903cbc1e06d462755b659f.png

If I ever read a comment like that from a creator, they will end up on my list of "never buy from".  While some of your customers might not be able to figure some of the specifics out, saying they are stupid and just overall being condescending and rude in the reply, does not show professionalism at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If I ever read a comment like that from a creator, they will end up on my list of "never buy from".  While some of your customers might not be able to figure some of the specifics out, saying they are stupid and just overall being condescending and rude in the reply, does not show professionalism at all.

Absolutely! What a crappy response and yes, it sounds like a 5 year old turning over the Candyland board because they were losing.  

The appropriate response since EVERYONE can read it would have been. "I'm sorry you are having an issue with the lights. Let me see if I can contact you in-world and get it sorted out for you". 

Also...just because they only paid a small amount for the product doesn't mean that they don't deserve support. If you don't want to support it take it off the marketplace. it's up to YOU as a creator to make sure that your products work now whether or not it's old or new. Maybe edit the description to explain that and how to make it work. Just because you've been here for years doesn't mean that some new person isn't going to join SL and buy your products.  

Lastly...did you really think that posting your response would get you pats on the back from everyone? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I see a surprisingly large amount of creators who have nasty or snarky replies to negative reviews. Checking replies to negative reviews you see on things is a good indicator as to whether or not you should give that person your money.

Time to grow up, OP.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 5

Some of you have this all wrong. Caith isn't the creator/seller of this item.

She is a customer who bought the same item as the other people who have left negative views. She left a review herself to show future potential customers that the item still works as intended, and that the reviews claiming the item doesn't work are false.

Edited by Eowyn Southmoor
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

She is a customer who bought the same item as the other people who have left negative views. She left a review herself to show future potential customers that the item still works as intended, and that the reviews claiming the item doesn't work are false.

I was under the impression that she was just another costumer as opposed to the creator. Which makes it even worse imho. I as a creator would not want such a belingerent and aggressive review attacking other costumers in my review section. It's not helpful and only casts the wrong light on the product and its creator.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, So Whimsy said:

I was under the impression that she was just another costumer as opposed to the creator. 

Yep, you are correct, which is why I said "some" - the 3 people who posted after you all made the assumption that Caith was the creator of the product and was simply being rude to her customers, which isn't the case.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

It is kind of hard to tell since she deleted the whole original post and since the title states "how to piss me off" it's not far off to assume she was the creator.  I mean who gets "pissed off" enough at a review of a product from another person to actually have to create a forum post about it?  Next time maybe create a better title. 

As a side note: how do you go through life being pissed off about stupid stuff like this? Must be miserable. I mean, yes it's maybe a bit irritating enough to roll my eyes at but pissed off? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Thanks for that clarification, though I'm not sure that justifies the review comments any better. 

If I was the creator, I'd hate that she attacked my other customers that way, regardless of what they posted about an item.  Unless she is personal friends with the creator, I can't understand why she would be so vitriol in her response about other reviews/reviewers.  Even if she is a personal friend of the creator, it wouldn't be her job to try coming to rescue in this case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2022 at 1:09 AM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Absolutely! What a crappy response and yes, it sounds like a 5 year old turning over the Candyland board because they were losing.  

The appropriate response since EVERYONE can read it would have been. "I'm sorry you are having an issue with the lights. Let me see if I can contact you in-world and get it sorted out for you". 

Also...just because they only paid a small amount for the product doesn't mean that they don't deserve support. If you don't want to support it take it off the marketplace. it's up to YOU as a creator to make sure that your products work now whether or not it's old or new. Maybe edit the description to explain that and how to make it work. Just because you've been here for years doesn't mean that some new person isn't going to join SL and buy your products.  

Lastly...did you really think that posting your response would get you pats on the back from everyone? 

Again, this is NOT my product or my MP page. I BOUGHT this in 2015, randomly came across it again while browsing and saw all the negative reviews.

Not my product...

Edited by CaithLynnSayes

15 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

It is kind of hard to tell since she deleted the whole original post

I didn't delete the original screenshot, LL did because it had a name in the screenshot.

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Unless she is personal friends with the creator

I'm not.

10 hours ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Again, this is NOT my product or my MP page. I BOUGHT this in 2015, randomly came across it again while browsing and saw all the negative reviews.

Not my product...

How do you get through life being so so angry all of the time? The title of the thread is "how to piss me off" So that tells me that something as little as a review on a gaming website product page sets you off so much you get angry about it? Not a review of your product. Not a review of a product that you personally know the creator. Just a review that said "it doesn't work" on a product you happened to purchase 7 years ago.  

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 1:01 PM, CaithLynnSayes said:

I just find it slightly dishonest towards the creator (not me, to be clear) that it seems to be belittled like that.

This happens frequently -- a buyer expects an item to be 'B' when it is stated by the merchant that it is 'A'. In such a case you could help the situation more by messaging the merchant and telling them they can get the review removed.  If they have clearly stated that the product is 'A' while the buyer gives a low review claiming the product should be 'B' then the review is in error. 

I've had quite a few reviews cancelled when I've clearly described what the product is yet the buyer wanted it to be something else and so left a negative review of the item.  It helps to be very clear though -- state what the product is in the title, in the description, and on the graphic.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

How do you get through life being so so angry all of the time? The title of the thread is "how to piss me off" So that tells me that something as little as a review on a gaming website product page sets you off so much you get angry about it? Not a review of your product. Not a review of a product that you personally know the creator. Just a review that said "it doesn't work" on a product you happened to purchase 7 years ago.  

Who said i'm "so" angry? I'm annoyed yes. Actually it goes a little further, but i'm not sure if i should go on. Oh heck, i will.

I should clarify more by what i mean by "pissed off" and i know that what you're about to read is going to sound a tad stereotypical. This type of "non-thinking" happens often. Not only on this "gaming website". It's nearly everywhere you see similar things. I get annoyed by that. That doesn't mean i get all worked up about it of course. I just shake my head with disappointment in humanity,

kinda like this:

Dwight-smh.gif.e10201869b29c4d5044f1b58121afffa.gif

In addition to that, the last reviewer before mine said "i should have read the reviews". This right here is what annoys me. So picture this: The product as of today still actually works, but a couple of people didn't understand the product and how it works, write a bad review and put off other potential buyers. So you can't really tell how many people steered clear of it because of wrongful reviews. This is the beef i'm having with this.

So, no. I definitely don't let things like this consume me or make me bitter. Life is too good to let that happen to myself. I just wanted to highlight this type of thing going on more often than not. that is all. I'm not here to attack anyone or offend anyone (that type of thing is taken btw, never given.)

• Confused 1

On 3/16/2022 at 5:18 AM, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Yeah it's a pity some people are quick to just write a negative review rather than contacting the creator to discuss the issue.

I came unstuck with my own scripted lights with EEP because they suddenly seemed out of synch with the default LL day cycle. Once I set my own parcel to "use region settings" the problem was fixed.  As i want my lights in synch with the region, I then decided to redo the script using llGetRegionSunDirection, which totally ignores what the parcel is set to anyway.

They do it because they think it gets a quicker response. But the people who contact me politely always get a higher level of customer service. From my experience, the people who send an IM or notecard first are usually really cool, friendly, nice people to be around and the people who jump right to a mean review to get your attention are, how to say this politely, not the kind of customer you enjoy dealing with and usually not very happy people. But those low reviews for attention are a good way to go from "I want this person to be really happy and enjoy my products" to "please make your review go away"

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.