How to piss me off

CaithLynnSayes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is reading reviews on the marketplace still a thing?
They are so easy to manipulate with a handful of alts and or even better a handful of friends and their alts.
It only costs you 10% of the purchase price per five star review.

• Like 2

The one time I left a bad review because the item stopped working. Another friend of mine bought the same item and it still wasn't working.

The creator blocked us both and now we can't purchase anything from the store's marketplace that particular creator makes. 

I ended up on a different item I bought from a different creator who messaged me and helped me with the issue I was having.

Some creators are nice some are not.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2022 at 8:19 AM, Sid Nagy said:

Is reading reviews on the marketplace still a thing?
They are so easy to manipulate with a handful of alts and or even better a handful of friends and their alts.
It only costs you 10% of the purchase price per five star review.

Sometimes those review farming creators will create the listing with an obfuscated name/desc/contents for L$0, farm the the reviews with alts, then change the listing name, desc and content to that of an actual product's and set the price accordingly.

There is no public information showing the name of what reviewers bought, when they bought it, nor what they paid for it.

• Sad 1

On 3/22/2022 at 4:11 AM, Lucia Nightfire said:

Sometimes those review farming creators will create the listing with an obfuscated name/desc/contents for L$0, farm the the reviews with alts, then change the listing name, desc and content to that of an actual product's and set the price accordingly.

There is no public information showing the name of what reviewers bought, when they bought it, nor what they paid for it.

Yeah, this is actually a pet peeve of mine and I see it almost regularly. I prowl the new buildings listings several times a day and have seen this happen and its soooo obvious. On the upside I have snagged multiple homes for 0 Linden. Guess there's an upside to everything.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.