If Second Life Had A Pay To Play Karaoke System What Song Would You Like To Sing?

Paulsian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Seems silly but i'm thinking revenue for LL and entertainment for residents. When I lived in the bay area I was surprised to see all the family parties with karaoke machines and how long the wait was to get a turn and hearing all the awesome singing. And club hopping stumbling into karaoke parties how much fun they were.

and.. with Philip Rosedale's sound innovation seems like it might be something to consider. 

While I was researching commercial systems came across this: 

Karaoke increases customer spending up to 40%!

A recent study finds that karaoke has a significant influence on entertainment venues like bars and nightclubs. Karaoke attracts people to the venues, encourages them to stay longer, and results in increased sales. Singing, waiting for one's turn, and watching others sing are addictive! People tend to spend more time and money in venues with karaoke. 

The venue in this case would be second life. 

I love the reactions so far they are just like in a club. (Usually i'm the one making them but im not too mean about it, I can relate all good) 

Some of the systems judge the singing and give you a score like a game. I'd pay to play, maybe on weekends it could be discounted. maybe a way to gift credits to other residents?

Edited by Paulsian
  • Haha 1

That's what great about karaoke it's more entertaining and sounds better if the crowd is drunk, I humiliated myself once for singing while the party I was at was sober. I sound a lot better when they are drunk. There's nothing better than hearing it go on and being tossed a song book; there's always something in it anyone can sing.

I like showtunes a little too much, I like metal stuff too. I like all music even better when I hear it sung by people i'm with. Plus I don't know much about singing so would give opportunity to learn more about it. 

party up on the footpath on a night out

start with Toia Mai Te Waka Nei and then why not! break out into Ka Mate :)

and then after they done their waiata the guy doing the podcast has to respond to the girls with his own waiata (because thems the rules) and he do Te Iwi E.  And he got all embarrassed and start to stumble so the girls back him up (thems the rules also)

ngā kōtiro e whakaatu ana i te manaaki

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.