If Second Life Had A Pay To Play Karaoke System What Song Would You Like To Sing?

Paulsian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I do enjoy karaoke, but I like to rehearse it privately by recording myself before I perform it around other people.

I do have a song I've already sang to, it's an old pop song.

I was trying this tip I was given by a guy inworld, who told me that if I stick a finger in one ear, it helps me to hear myself.

That way, I can "try" to improve my singing.

Mad about You by Belinda Carlisle

From my channel,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I67soEqgUIA

Got a notice that YouTube will not allow embedding of the video, not even from my studio page.

I have no music playing in it so here is the official music video to listen to, if you want to keep that at low volume while you listen to me! :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

I only hear a hum of white noise. Have you tried recording with the OBS software?

I use GeForce Experience, the software that came preinstalled with my desktop. I think my Snowball microphone sitting next to the CPU was picking up the computer noises so I'm guessing that might explain the humming noise. I'm still very much a noob at these things.

28 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Do you know the history behind it, and why the song is as it is, without actual words? (Spoiler alert, its politics :p)

Oh yes, the Cold War thing. Soviet censors didn't like references to anything about American life so Khil had to substitute with a vocalized version.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.