If Second Life Had A Pay To Play Karaoke System What Song Would You Like To Sing?

Paulsian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I use GeForce Experience, the software that came preinstalled with my desktop. I think my Snowball microphone sitting next to the CPU was picking up the computer noises so I'm guessing that might explain the humming noise. I'm still very much a noob at these things.

Hey, Ive been working/fixing a sound lab recently, because there was a lot of noise, and Im sure its a grounding issue. I cant be very specific because I dont know what stuff you have plugged in, or where your ground goes. But just google Star Ground, or Grounding for audio equipment, etc. and you will find plenty of info and tutorials to get a clean sound.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I use GeForce Experience, the software that came preinstalled with my desktop. I think my Snowball microphone sitting next to the CPU was picking up the computer noises so I'm guessing that might explain the humming noise. I'm still very much a noob at these things.

Ooh, is that a gaming computer with Nividia? I only came across the information about Geforce when I was playing GTA5, as most playing, have those computers and use the game capture for the last 3 minutes of gameplay I think it is.

I had thought you would inform me that indeed you were singing and that it was only on my end, but I was able to hear music on YouTube, prior to reading your post.

Will you be performing with your mates in the video, singing karaoke in-world and sharing it here in this thread?

I am a complete noob with OBS. I only know about it because a guy inside SL, told me about it, and had helped me do the settings for it for my pc at the time. It really is great for recording gameplay.

• Confused 1

On 2/13/2022 at 7:37 PM, StarlanderGoods said:

Hey, Ive been working/fixing a sound lab recently, because there was a lot of noise, and Im sure its a grounding issue. I cant be very specific because I dont know what stuff you have plugged in, or where your ground goes. But just google Star Ground, or Grounding for audio equipment, etc. and you will find plenty of info and tutorials to get a clean sound.

Plug and play out of the box into any empty USB port is as far as my technical skills go.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I have a lot of homework cut out for me.

22 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

Ooh, is that a gaming computer with Nividia? I only came across the information about Geforce when I was playing GTA5, as most playing, have those computers and use the game capture for the last 3 minutes of gameplay I think it is.

I had thought you would inform me that indeed you were singing and that it was only on my end, but I was able to hear music on YouTube, prior to reading your post.

Will you be performing with your mates in the video, singing karaoke in-world and sharing it here in this thread?

I am a complete noob with OBS. I only know about it because a guy inside SL, told me about it, and had helped me do the settings for it for my pc at the time. It really is great for recording gameplay.

LOL, we were actually "singing". It's a cover of John Cage's 4'33". :P 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Morabeza/33/34/25

I once sang Patsy Cline @ The ~O~ Lounge

"The first in SL. We do Karaoke here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. Singers get discovered here, venue owners find new talent here. Always good live music 24/7 at The ~O~ LOUNGE. All languages welcome. Idiots welcome, snobs not.
Open mic, stream & voice."

• Like 1

When i'm drunk somebody usually picks a song for me to sing and i won't know until the guy with the microphone calls me up . Bloody awful when you don't know the words and have to read the screen .

Seems odd to me that anyone would pay to sing for the entertainment of others ?

RL karaoke boosts sales in bars because people like to be where something is going on and karaoke is a one man band so cheap to hire - the performers aren't paid .

I put this on at 6:30 this morning since it's the end of my work week and only 30 minutes left..

It's been stuck in my head ever since.. hehehe

I just noticed also.. The guy introducing them looks like a young version of the guy from Devils Rejects.

I wonder if that's the clown guy.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/15/2022 at 6:38 PM, Eddy Vortex said:

Plug and play out of the box into any empty USB port is as far as my technical skills go.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I have a lot of homework cut out for me.

MOTU M2 - plug & play brilliance. 😻
I wanted an M4 but supplier only had an M2 due to worldwide coviditis.
You also get Demo version of Digital Performer DAW & oodles of sound libraries.

M2.jpg.1800x1400_q85 - Copy.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.