My Followers

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I only have one follower, since I prefer quality over quantity, so I just allow the finest and prettiest to follow my lead to doo... glory. Glory! 

Well, I hit the follow button with a few people I wanted to keep tabs on, since I enjoyed their posts. I don't think I ever got any sort of notification when they posted something, so either I did something wrong, or it just ain't working. 

24 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Well, I hit the follow button with a few people I wanted to keep tabs on, since I enjoyed their posts. I don't think I ever got any sort of notification when they posted something, so either I did something wrong, or it just ain't working. 

There are a lot of people whose posts I enjoy a great deal (including yours btw), but so far as I've ever been able to see, "following" doesn't actually do anything, so I stopped bothering some time ago.

Like you, maybe I am doing something wrong?

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

There are a lot of people whose posts I enjoy a great deal (including yours btw), but so far as I've ever been able to see, "following" doesn't actually do anything, so I stopped bothering some time ago.

Like you, maybe I am doing something wrong?

I just went into my notifications-settings for followed content - in the forum-member portion, both email and notifications was unchecked. MAYBE that's why! I did enable that now, maybe it'll work.

Also, thank you, my posts are  50% nonsense, 20% whine, 15% pain, 10% angry german, and 5% actually helpfull - 100% reason to remember the name. It's Sukubia. :D

Edit: It works! I got a notification. So yeah, we did something wrong, lol.

Edited by Sukubia Scarmon
10000% typos
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I just went into my notifications-settings for followed content - in the forum-member portion, both email and notifications was unchecked. MAYBE that's why! I did enable that now, maybe it'll work.

Also, thank you, my posts are  50% nonsense, 20% whine, 15% pain, 10% angry german, and 5% actually helpfull - 100% reason to remember the name. It's Sukubia. :D

Edit: It works! I got a notification. So yeah, we did something wrong, lol.

Unless you want your email full of spam, I'd leave the email portion off. Notifications work just fine without it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I disabled mine because almost all were from random friendship requests done through the web profile; and though most of them pointedly unfollow you when you don’t accept immediately & unquestioningly, there’s always the odd one who forgets to do so. I’d end up with many followers of a web feed I haven’t cared to use for over 8 years.

Edited by Ren Toxx

I mean, in essence, I see that more as a neat gimmic more than everything - I love to read many people on here, much more than I could handle in my notifications popping up, haha! You're all great in your own ways, even if I don't agree with everyone and everything said. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.