My Followers

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I happened to be looking at my own forum profile (narcissistic, I know) and saw that I have 37 Followers. "Who are these people who find me so interesting?" I thought. I clicked the little button that expanded the list. While I saw the names of a few friends there, almost all of them were people I didn't recognize. I don't think I've ever spoken directly to them, or met them, or engaged them in some raging Forum thread.

Unlike some, I am not about to scream "Stop LOOKING at meeeeeee!" 

But, why ARE you? Here's your chance to speak up. Come on, say Hi. I won't bite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I happened to be looking at my own forum profile (narcissistic, I know) and saw that I have 37 Followers.

I hardly ever look at my own profile either, and I don't remember ever looking to see how many followers I have.  Now that YOU MADE ME LOOK, I find that I only have 32.  Now I don't just wonder, "Who are all these people?"; I also wonder, "Why are more people following Lindal?"   No, wait ...  "Why is anyone following either of us?"  For autographs?  Stock tips? A blessing?  Or maybe the chance that we'll drop a dime while we fumble for change? Inquiring minds and all that ....

• Haha 2

It appears I'm one of your followers, Lindal, although I went to check your profile before I replied here. I believe I am also following Rolig. Yet I don't get notifications when either of you post, so I don't really understand the purpose of this feature. 

I tend to just look here first whenever I come to the forums ...

https://community.secondlife.com/discover/

10 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Yet I don't get notifications when either of you post

Up top right, the bell symbol -- you don't get anything there when someone you follow makes a post?  

Check your Notifications Settings (https://community.secondlife.com/notifications/options/) -- bottom of "Followed Content".  You might not have that box checked.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

I hardly ever look at my own profile either, and I don't remember ever looking to see how many followers I have.  Now that YOU MADE ME LOOK, I find that I only have 32.  Now I don't just wonder, "Who are all these people?"; I also wonder, "Why are more people following Lindal?"   No, wait ...  "Why is anyone following either of us?"  For autographs?  Stock tips? A blessing?  Or maybe the chance that we'll drop a dime while we fumble for change? Inquiring minds and all that ....

1184009410_whoarethesepeople.jpeg.f2c2962cc9e6ec6f061fb7b64b98b966.jpeg

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.