Is there really no place for high quality humanoid characters to hangout and meet each other?

Boy Reaper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just want to say this isn't meant to offend or throw shade at any specific type of avatar, furry, monster anime etc those are all great in their own way! But I often find myself feeling kind of lost in a sea of animals or outdated human avatars, I know other players exist like me who have the latest humanoid head the latest bodys etc etc they pop in and out of popular stores but I can just never seem to find a place where people like us congregate and hang out.

Anyone else feel sort of the same way as me? Alternatively does anyone know if such a place exists ingame where people with avatars like ours hangout or meet each other?

Edit: Getting a lot of offended people in the reply's here even though I made sure to include the caveat that all avatars are awesome, many of you clearly know what I meant by high quality avatars(as in literally high quality mesh bodys and heads, quality indicating the work, time and complexity put into the models by creators of these next gen parts) but still chose to be snippy and passive aggressive when I made it clear I'm not here to fight or throw shade on anyone just looking for more avatars that match my style.

Edited by HorseMommy
Clarifying
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

There's waay too many humans here

We need to find a way to eliminate them, they are wrecking havoc on the fish population and my kittycats are not at all impressed.. if anything they seem to be entertaining the notion of eating fairies, this is not at all a good outlook for me.  

Snapshot_118.thumb.png.0bfc5c0c6cd602ead403603fd4c5e6b2.png

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

I feel your pain. Take this forum, for instance. There's waay too many humans here, not enough high-quality dogs.

Hey! How dare you accuse me of being a human! My God the audacity!

Ok, I never thought i'd do this but you've offended me so much that i will do it.

Here's me in real life:

dogoncomputer.gif.4e2014774d45334cab3704aca664267c.gif

Edited by CaithLynnSayes
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, HorseMommy said:

I just want to say this isn't meant to offend or throw shade at any specific type of avatar, furry, monster anime etc those are all great in their own way! But I often find myself feeling kind of lost in a sea of animals or outdated human avatars, I know other players exist like me who have the latest humanoid head the latest bodys etc etc they pop in and out of popular stores but I can just never seem to find a place where people like us congregate and hang out.

Anyone else feel sort of the same way as me? Alternatively does anyone know if such a place exists ingame where people with avatars like ours hangout or meet each other?

As a low quality humanoid avatar that is thinking of converting into a tallboy or cuckoo clock, I have no idea where all the high quality humanoids are hanging out. Most likely they never get out of the makeup and tattoo stores for longer than it takes to create a photo for one of the many photo threads here on the forums.  Go have a look at some of those and join in the fun if you like. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Also, OP, How come your avatar (in your profile pic) seems to have 3 heads? ;)

I don't understand the massive boobs thing in SL on avatars, why?

Its just a look babe, why did you choose your hair style? Same type of question

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

SL is huge. Even with 55k concurrent users the place is basically empty.

You can find people by using the Destination Guide aka Destination panel in the viewer. Pick the "What's Hot Now" category. This will get you to regions with about 25 avatars. Often more. Most of the places coming up are dance places and clubs. Adult meat markets are mostly filtered out. You can find those in the website's Destinations Guide.

All the other categories also show how many are in the region at the moment.

• Like 4

Just now, HorseMommy said:

Its just a look babe, why did you choose your hair style? Same type of question

Mkay, that's not the same type of question in the slightest and it didn't answer mine. I'm genuinely curious. Why are they larger than your head?

I don't even know how to answer "why did you pick that hairstyle" That's the second time today i'm thoroughly confused on these forums. I'm gonna have to move my appointment with my therapist if this keeps happening.

• Like 5

I feel like I see up-to-date mesh human avatars absolutely everywhere. But for hangout spots, try beaches, clubs, roleplay communities (no idea which ones are currently active as I don't RP in SL), various social events. Ran across some when running around in parks, art galleries, and museums. Shopping locations like stores probably aren't ideal, but big big shopping events like Shop & Hop or the other big sim crashers is always a safe bet. Oh, and hunt events.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Mkay, that's not the same type of question in the slightest and it didn't answer mine. I'm genuinely curious. Why are they larger than your head?

I don't even know how to answer "why did you pick that hairstyle" That's the second time today i'm thoroughly confused on these forums. I'm gonna have to move my appointment with my therapist if this keeps happening.

It's really not you that needs the therapist.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

How is it not the same type of question? Its an aesthetic choice there's really no need to be dramatic lmfao.

Edited by HorseMommy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Part of "high quality"?

:SwingingFriends:

I feel the OP has actually got "high quality" mixed up with "high maintenance".

As for her claim to have the latest body, the hooters went out of style by at least 12 years ago when I last saw such massive mammaries.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, HorseMommy said:

How is it not the same type of question? Its an aesthetic choice there's no need to be dramatic lmfao.

Ok, i'll take the bait. I'm bored anyway. First of, i'm not being dramatic about it. Sure i'm being massively sarcastic but not dramatic, lol. Secondly, you've still didn't answer my question. I really wanna know kiddo, why are they that big!? :D Thirdly. My hairstyle in that profile pic is a generic ordinary "pulled back dot" also known as an updo. Why i picked it? Because in that picture i'm suppose to look like a "business woman". There, i've answered your weird question, now answer mine ;) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I feel like I see up-to-date mesh human avatars absolutely everywhere. But for hangout spots, try beaches, clubs, roleplay communities (no idea which ones are currently active as I don't RP in SL), various social events. Ran across some when running around in parks, art galleries, and museums. Shopping locations like stores probably aren't ideal, but big big shopping events like Shop & Hop or the other big sim crashers is always a safe bet. Oh, and hunt events.

I feel the same honestly. Most places I go seems like the majority of users have invest time, effort, and some $L to make their avatars look nice. With the exception of a very small few that havent adopted mesh heads/bodies. But I still find those folks are entertaining to engage in a conversation with. ☺️

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Matilda Melune said:

I feel the same honestly. Most places I go seems like the majority of users have invest time, effort, and some $L to make their avatars look nice. With the exception of a very small few that havent adopted mesh heads/bodies. But I still find those folks are entertaining to engage in a conversation with. 

I agree, although I couldn't possibly care less what sort of body anyone else is wearing. What anyone decides to do with her body is her own business, an expression of her personal image, artistic imagination, technical skills, and budget. Most people do a pretty good job of it.  I figure that if the others look too strange for my taste, that's as much my problem as theirs.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

I feel your pain. Take this forum, for instance. There's waay too many humans here, not enough high-quality dogs.

I resemble that remark!

At least you got the high-quality part right... the dog part not so much. Might I suggest you try the term canine next time? 🤭

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.