Picture upload?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

34 minutes ago, Benson Gravois said:

Hey friends, 

I know it costs 10 lindens to upload a picture, but i heard you can upload a bull amount instead of just one. What is the cost for that and is there a limit? Do they give you a bulk rate??

The cost is still 10L per picture/texture.  The Bulk upload option is under the Build menu.  I don't know if there is a limit on how many at once.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

The limit would be your budget :) 

The rate does change depending on your account and its premium status. I don't know exactly what that reduced rate is but it should be on the SL website somewhere.

Does it change or is that just a proposal for premium plus, if we ever get it?

• Like 2

One thing you could do (as a builder using textures) is to link maybe 4 pictures/ textures onto 1 picture, then upload that 1 picture/ texture. You could then use offset functions to display only one part of this composite picture on a surface. This tool would be most useful when texturing different surfaces on the same item, as each part of the this composite texture would count (for rendering cost purposes) as the same texture. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Well, i see this all the time when i'm uploading animations:

uploadfeesl.png.ae19102a47b569a63ae4fb722d77d2ae.png

Oh I see that too. I just didn't think it was correct because I don't see a difference between my alts and my premium account being different pricing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Oh I see that too. I just didn't think it was correct because I don't see a difference between my alts and my premium account being different pricing.

I couldn't tell you, i haven't been premium in years, i'm just a mediocre SL dweller ;)

In the image you can see there's a "Learn more" link, but clicking that doesn't really help much. It doesn't speak about reduced upload fees, so... No clue really. Maybe other premium members can shed some light on this.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Well, i see this all the time when i'm uploading animations:

uploadfeesl.png.ae19102a47b569a63ae4fb722d77d2ae.png

They added that roughly 2 years ago in preparation for rolling out the Premium Plus package that then ended up getting tossed onto the back burner.  Premium Plus is suppose to actually happen this year -- at that time the rates will truly vary with your subscription status.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Has it been 2 years already? Geez time goes fast :/ 

The last 2 years have been the fastest and slowest years of my life.  The on-again-off-again pandemic flare-ups, and all of the associated crap that goes with it all, have made time flow really odd for me.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

The rate does change depending on your account and its premium status. I don't know exactly what that reduced rate is but it should be on the SL website somewhere.

It doesn't yet. That warning is in preparation for the new Premium Plus account, details of which are not yet known (so there it nothing on the SL website yet).

For now it's L$10 per image for everyone, regardless of how many you upload.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.