MERRY CHRISTMAS

Doris Johnsky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lurking quietly today, dinner eaten, pots washed, brother nodding off in front of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - all our Bah Humbugs go whenever we watch that film -.  Counting our blessings of which there are many. And wishing all here on the forums and in world happiness and good health. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

What's wrong with saying happy holidays. There is more than just people who celebrate Christmas in the US, UK, Canada and the EU.

Although I'm not on holiday I can certainly get on board with Happy Holidays. The council (my landlords) have been harassing me for weeks, but have been on holiday since Thursday, and it is no coincidence that my eczema has calmed down significantly since then, so definitely Happy Holidays - I hope they extend their leave for longer. And it's been fabulous to walk past closed shops today, a day off from the usual rat race and queues and fighting my way through cars parked on pavements. 

And I'm about to go for a bubble bath, de-cooking-stink myself. 

(Sorry, bit of a derail, but I get my happy wherever I can.)

Really hope everyone is finding pockets of joy today, whether it's in watching the birds in the garden, eating a whole bag of gummies while in bed, a favourite TV show, a phone call from a friend, reading a whole magazine or book with a clear conscience. 

• Like 5

A reminder to those in the UK and the Commonwealth nations that Sunday 26th December this year is NOT Boxing Day because Sunday is already a public day off.

Instead, Boxing Day is moved by one day to Monday 27th December.  This last happened in 2010 and repeats once every eleven years. It will happen again in 2032.

However, the 26th December is always Saint Stephens Day, the "feast of Stephen" from the Christmas carol "Good King Wenceslas".

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.