The best female mesh body in 2021?

AnnabelleApocalypse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all :) so I have been using the Maitreya Lara body since I came back to SL and for the most part, love it. Works well, fairly easy to use and well supported by other creators.

However, one of the things that really bugs me is the very visible seams between the legs. 

Now, I do spend quite a lot of time these days with my legs apart in SL (dont judge me :P) and I would really like to not have to see those seams staring back at me like digital cellulite. 

I know all meshes must have seams somewhere. But looking around at other avis in some of the less family friendly sims (I said dont judge me :P) I have noticed other avis dont suffer this problem. And Its making me self conscious. lol

So, please be a bunch of angels and save me a little time and money and give me your recommendations. 

Im not a fan of the "Super-Curvy" (or as I like to call them: Chonksters) look. So pretty much already know I dont like Kupra. 

Thanks!!!!

• Haha 2

I would say either legacy or ebody reborn, ebody reborn is very new and on the curvier side, but I think you might be able to make it look petite as well if you play around with the shape sliders ( it came out 10th october ) and doesn't have a whole lot of stuff for it yet but surprisedly a good variety for how new it is, but it seems like it's going to be one of the more popular bodies, given enough time, it also includes a mod version of the body! but honestly just demo them both and see which you prefer! 

There is also slink hourglass and freya but they don't get as much support anymore, but they are also on the more curvier side.

However I would be wary of legacy because they do seem to deny giving some adult bits stores dev kits at least sensations, so in that department I don't know how much more support it will get, however there are V bits for it, but the question is if it needs updates or other bits it will most likely not happen, unless they will change their mind eventually, if you care a lot about that.

Also Sensations are working on nether v bits for the ebody reborn at the moment, so that will probably come out around november or december.

I personally use ebody reborn, but yeah just demo them all and see what you like! :D

• Like 2

So how much time do you spend wearing clothes? XD And by this I mean - does clothes compatability matters to you much? 

Take a look at Ebody Reborn and Kalhene Erika. Signature Alice was praised at the time it came out but didn't pick up designers support. Slink updated to BOM awhile back. Belezza recently updated as well. Super-curvy bodies are on the rise at the moment, but grab the demos and see which ones let you get to desired shape. 

• Like 1

hehe well I am trying to avoid demoing ALL of them. I do like clothes, but functionality is more important - ie - is it supported with adult parts.

I have the Kalhene Analexa avi (being a trans girl), which I loved the look of but ditched it due to the non existent support for it. No P. No A. Im out. lol

...Nice legs tho :) lol you really cant win I guess.

Slink was off my list as you have to buy hands and feet separately. Which just sounds like a huge extra faff. Its tricky enough getting all your parts to work together without adding hands and feet into the mix. 

I was airing towards Legacy or Belleza. But I dont really have my finger on the pulse of the mesh body world. So I was wondering if there were others I was not aware of. I will check out Ebody for sure!

• Like 1

Slink was off my list as you have to buy hands and feet separately

Quoting from the SLink Redux FAQ

Can I upgrade my hands, feet and body purchases to a bundle

Female:

• Hands
  • Deluxe Feet or at least Four of the single sets of feet
    (Flat, Kitten, Mid, High, Pointe)
  • A Physique body (Original or Hourglass)

You can request an upgrade to a bundle, by sending a message with your avatar name and a list of the Slink body part items you own in-world to Slink Resident (if you do not have all the pieces listed above you may purchase what is missing before contacting her) . You will receive a bundle that contains the same body that you own. There are advantages to the bundles that weren’t included in the separate packs that are worth converting for! An all in one attachment for body, hands and feet as well as asymmetry harness.

Also, don't really know why "I don't like super-curvy" results in recommendations for Ebody Reborn, but well.

1 hour ago, June Starlight said:

Slink updated to BOM awhile back.

... as the quite first body on the grid and so far, is the only completely BOM one out of the box...

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche
  • Like 1

Despite people having good reasons to steer away from Legacy, I think it is the best looking body and easy to make curvy or thin. It has enough clothes, lingerie and shoes support to make people happy. I love my Maitreya, but I have never studied it between the legs. Not have I studied Legacy between the legs.

I don't know about bits. Can't you @AnnabelleApocalypselook up the bit store for the product you use now, and see if they offer bits for Legacy as well?

Legacy has high complexity and lots of triangles. It can cause issues for weak computers. Or at lest people say so. I am not knowledgeable enough to confirm it.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Quoting from the SLink Redux FAQ

Also, don't really know why "I don't like super-curvy" results in recommendations for Ebody Reborn, but well.

... as the quite first body on the grid and so far, is the only completely BOM one out of the box...

This is why I ask the smart people :) I find this part of SL totally infuriating. I despair for total newbies trying to figure this stuff out.  So turns out for Slink the one on the MP is the one without hands and feet, and if you want the "body bundle" you have to go inworld. Makes total sense. lol

6 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I love my Maitreya, but I have never studied it between the legs. Not have I studied Legacy between the legs.

What on earth are you doing with your life? :P

Seriously though, I actually never noticed until I was in a compromising position. But its like one of those things you cant un-see once you see it.

• Haha 2

I don't know, I find the ebody reborn flexible, the only thing that really stays "big" is the butt, but you can fix that with a deformer, but then again what people find curvy and not curvy may differ.

I didn't go minimum on the sliders except for the butt on the smallest shape, that's as small as it gets.

81b7d8906260978071199c0b9197954c.png

91b65d1ad1efc234c66d18bf176b3282.png

800f23bf854e946c15c0c301ea14a484.png

7b59ff5b60d3cdc60872ce0a3a927a07.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

Slink was off my list as you have to buy hands and feet separately. Which just sounds like a huge extra faff. Its tricky enough getting all your parts to work together without adding hands and feet into the mix. 

The Slink Redux comes in several versions. One of those includes the hands and feet combined as part of the body making a single attachment. So body, feet, and hands take one attachment point. The hands and feet are the Deluxe models. So, you don't need to purchase multiple packages.

Visit the Slink store and check the details on the body vendors. Trying to figure things out from the website promoting all their products is less than ideal.

One of the problems with the SL avatars is the UVMap for the body. The number of pixels used for the crotch area is limited. That is true for all the bodies I've seen. Spread their legs and the textures stretch making a blurry mess.

In 2019 I reviewed all the female genitals (here). They all try to improve on the UVMap problem in various ways. In my opinion Sessions has probably done the best job of handling the problem. The pubic area is alpha'd out and one attaches the Sessions genitals to replace the area with their high def textures. They use a mix of BOM and opaque to transparent texture blend to replace the areas that normally distort. Providing high detail for the genital area.

They have versions for Maitreya and Slink. I suggest you check out the Sessions' The V for Maitreya before replacing your body.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, blissfulbreeze said:

I'm wondering if it's the body skin that makes you see imperfections? I have used Maitreya for years and never noticed anything between the legs unless it was the skin. Or maybe I don't look too close. 

Yes, distinct possibility. I am actually messing around with my own textures at the moment to see if I can theoretically fix it myself.

21 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The Slink Redux comes in several versions. One of those includes the hands and feet combined as part of the body making a single attachment. So body, feet, and hands take one attachment point. The hands and feet are the Deluxe models. So, you don't need to purchase multiple packages.

Visit the Slink store and check the details on the body vendors. Trying to figure things out from the website promoting all their products is less than ideal.

Yeah I figured out the Slink stuff in posts above, but thank you :)

21 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

One of the problems with the SL avatars is the UVMap for the body. The number of pixels used for the crotch area is limited. That is true for all the bodies I've seen. Spread their legs and the textures stretch making a blurry mess.

In 2019 I reviewed all the female genitals (here). They all try to improve on the UVMap problem in various ways. In my opinion Sessions has probably done the best job of handling the problem. The pubic area is alpha'd out and one attaches the Sessions genitals to replace the area with their high def textures. They use a mix of BOM and opaque to transparent texture blend to replace the areas that normally distort. Providing high detail for the genital area.

They have versions for Maitreya and Slink. I suggest you check out the Sessions' The V for Maitreya before replacing your body.

I already own The V, but (and I hope I don't get us moved to the adult section for this, lol) I find on the Maitreya body at least, The V does not mix well with the.....um....lets call it "Sensations A". I hope you all know what I mean :) Which (IMHO) is the A to own at the moment and not something a discerning trans girl should be caught without. VAW? Pft. GARBAGE!

But unfortunately, the A and the P dont play well together. The P has an elongated bit of mesh on the back of it that kinda.......pokes into the A. It all looks rather pointy and uncomfortable and there is no way to hide it. Kinda funny to look at though.

I dont expect anyone to help me with this issue btw, I dont think its fixable. I just wanted to get it off my chest because it annoys me. So. Freaking. Much. lol They are both great individually, but you cant wear them together.

Sessions - in the unlikely event someone working there reads this - make a dang booty already! 

Sorry, derailing my own thread to tank my forum reputation even further :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PixelBerry said:

I don't know, I find the ebody reborn flexible, the only thing that really stays "big" is the butt, but you can fix that with a deformer, but then again what people find curvy and not curvy may differ.

I didn't go minimum on the sliders except for the butt on the smallest shape, that's as small as it gets.

81b7d8906260978071199c0b9197954c.png

91b65d1ad1efc234c66d18bf176b3282.png

800f23bf854e946c15c0c301ea14a484.png

7b59ff5b60d3cdc60872ce0a3a927a07.png

I dont think the smaller versions would qualify you for my "Chonkster" tag (sorry!) :) the butt is a teeny bit bigger than I like on myself personally, but its not offensive. 

Bigger pics however - yeah thats chonky. :P but still not horrific. Within the realms of believability. Its not like "there is no physical way a human could carry that" type huge.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

I dont think the smaller versions would qualify you for my "Chonkster" tag (sorry!) :) the butt is a teeny bit bigger than I like on myself personally, but its not offensive. 

Bigger pics however - yeah thats chonky. :P but still not horrific. Within the realms of believability. Its not like "there is no physical way a human could carry that" type huge.

That's understandable :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

However, one of the things that really bugs me is the very visible seams between the legs.

For someone who's cammed these bodies extensively (let's call it research), I can't say I've ever noticed a seam. Demo skins from alternative stores and see.

All of these adult bits flooding the market have gone over my head, I edited a 'V' which had so many attachments, it's like a swiss army knife of kinks.

• Like 4

That seam line is a skin seam line more than likely.. I can see the same line on all my bodies from my skin ,even when I switch over to system body..

I've got reborn, both legacy, Kalhene erika, Maitreya, All the Bellezas,Lucy,.. I decided to stop after running through those since it was showing up every time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Mr Amore said:

For someone who's cammed these bodies extensively (let's call it research), I can't say I've ever noticed a seam. Demo skins from alternative stores and see.

Ok, so guys are busy staring at other things and dont see them :P noted. lol.

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That seam line is a skin seam line more than likely.. I can see the same line on all my bodies from my skin ,even when I switch over to system body..

I've got reborn, both legacy, Kalhene erika, Maitreya, All the Bellezas,Lucy,.. I decided to stop after running through those since it was showing up every time.

Thank you Ceka, this is what I wanted to know :) so I have to live with it, just find a skin that minimizes it as best as possible. 

1 hour ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

Ok, so guys are busy staring at other things and dont see them :P noted. lol.

Thank you Ceka, this is what I wanted to know :) so I have to live with it, just find a skin that minimizes it as best as possible. 

Not a guy but I rarely cam that close down there when engaged in any adult activities either.  I've never noticed any seam but I also stopped wearing any extra parts.  My guess is it's those that create a seam.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Not a guy but I rarely cam that close down there when engaged in any adult activities either.  I've never noticed any seam but I also stopped wearing any extra parts.  My guess is it's those that create a seam.

If you put on an older skin that was made before mesh bodies, you can really notice it.

it's the template seams.. I put on one of my older system body skins and it's easy to see where the lines are.. you can even see the rest of the lines, like in the arms and hands and outside lines on the legs..

My current skin is pretty seamless, but my guess is that there is so much going on  in the crotchilation area from shading and lighting to bumps and lines coming together in that one spot, that it's probably something that can't be avoided..

If the subject never came up I would have never noticed them..I had to really go looking for them to find them, so they aren't something that i would say are noticeable really..

Compared to older skins, the skins I have tried on today trying to notice it, are really improved over the older before mesh skins that I have.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have Maitreya since they first released and never noticed a seam near the legs really. And I do spend a lot of time without clothes and in compromising positions as I do (adult) photography :)

Also have the V and the Sensation A, and no problems there either that I can recall but will check that to be sure. Using it all with session skin that works seamless with the V and rest of the body. And is my fav skin anyway with all the details and BoM extra body detail options. The only thing I dislike about Maitreya is the shoulders in certain positions, but that is minor. And I just love the petite body option and wide clothing support it gets too.

With Legacy I have more seam problems than any other body.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

But unfortunately, the A and the P dont play well together. The P has an elongated bit of mesh on the back of it that kinda.......pokes into the A. It all looks rather pointy and uncomfortable and there is no way to hide it. Kinda funny to look at though.

I just went and looked.... my parts fit together very well. Even in back. Legs spread and out or together and up. So, may be you want to compare? I mean guys apparently do...

• Haha 1

I haven't been here forever, but I recall some time back there was a huge fad for thigh gaps. The kind you could drive a bus through LOL. Now you hardly ever see them.

Now the fad is for thicc.

These trends are fine for those people who enjoy those looks, but not so much for those who think that the look isn't very appealing. I personally don't like the thicc look any more than I liked avatars with enormous buttocks running standard AOs and spending most of their time with their hands buried in their butt cheeks up to the wrist. To each their own and I have no problem with anyone going for the look they want in SL. But if you don't LIKE that shape then read on.

Given that I use (and have no desire to change from) the Hourglass I'm a little disappointed that some creators have dropped that body. But I note the following:

An MP search for 'hourglass' under Apparel - Women's gives me 470469 hits. A search for 'kupra' under the same give me 83892 hits. AND a number of those hits for kupra included HG rigged 'sizes'.

In short - there is a LOT more stuff on the MP for my preferred body than there is for the new bodies. That's just the way it is and it will take a long time for the new bodies to catch up. So I advise you not to make your decision based on the fact that a number of creators have dropped the older bodies. You CAN still find a TON of stuff for the older bodies. Well - not so much for the TMP body, but that never was a 'normal' body in terms of shopping anyway.

The other thing to remember is LAG. Not latency, OMG why is my frames per second going negative, lag ... but production/creation lag. If you are using animations in your activities then you are going to find that a LOT of the furniture out there is running animations that do not really work too well for bodies which deviate significantly from the SL standard avatar. This harkens back to my comment about AOs before. For a long time the people who wore the bodies which were markedly different to the 'standard' avatars had a TERRIBLE time finding AOs which suited their body. Hands disappearing into buttocks and breasts were a common sight and quite offputting for many people. It took a long time before AOs which worked for 'ultra curvy' girls were available. And that was back in the days when there were a lot more active creators than there are now.

With the advent of mega-boobs we saw a lot of the sex furniture which uses animations based on the standard avatar needed a LOT of tweaking or you'd find your nipples sticking out behind your partners back in the missionary position. Many animations were just not workable at all. Now we're seeing similar issues with buttocks and thighs.

As someone who spends a fair bit of time watching the new releases in animations (I like my RPing to be accompanied by matching screen action) I find that the animation market is STILL not doing much for the thicc bodies. It's up to you ... but I don't much want to see my lover's hands buried to the forearm in my thicc thighs during an intimate moment. Nor do I want to see my buttocks sunk halfway through the floor. I should note ... you CAN find poses coming out for the thicc look. But I think poses are only viable for photography. Certainly they don't impress me when I'm getting sweaty.

So before you opt for a new body, you may well want to consider the uses you are going to put it to.  If you are buying it to stand around looking hot in a club, that's very different to if you're buying it to dance in, or if you're buying it to go wild in so to speak. :)

Addendum: I should include ... I'm aware of the OP's opinion on 'chonksters' ... my reply was more for public info than anything else. Many people are likely to find that they've spent a significant amount of money on these new 'thicc' bodies and then discover that in some scenarios they are a very very poor option.

Edited by AnthonyJoanne
addendum
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

Yes, distinct possibility. I am actually messing around with my own textures at the moment to see if I can theoretically fix it myself.

Yeah I figured out the Slink stuff in posts above, but thank you :)

I already own The V, but (and I hope I don't get us moved to the adult section for this, lol) I find on the Maitreya body at least, The V does not mix well with the.....um....lets call it "Sensations A". I hope you all know what I mean :) Which (IMHO) is the A to own at the moment and not something a discerning trans girl should be caught without. VAW? Pft. GARBAGE!

I dont expect anyone to help me with this issue btw, I dont think its fixable. I just wanted to get it off my chest because it annoys me. So. Freaking. Much. lol They are both great individually, but you cant wear them together.

Sessions - in the unlikely event someone working there reads this - make a dang booty already! 

Sorry, derailing my own thread to tank my forum reputation even further :)

I took a look at the demoes of the V and the A and I think I found what the problem is..

When you put the A into hide/tuck mode the V pokes through.. That hide mode or tuck mode is meant for when wearing clothes so it won't poke through clothes.

When it was out of tuck mode it wouldn't do it, well unless I was spread like an eagle.. But then I doubt he'd be looking down there at that time anyways.. hehehehe

• Like 1

Wow, quite some reaction overnight, dont think I can respond to everyone individually but thank you all for the effort and info!

It is possible that I am just an obsessive perfectionist who expects far too much from everything. I may have been told as much by friends in the past :) 

For those that cant find the seam I am talking about. Inner thigh, start at the knee, looks fine, but the further up the inner thigh you travel, the more color mismatch you "should" see. 

I have come to the conclusion that it is the skin. It IS a skin supposedly made for the body (not going to name and shame). I guess this was just a bit of an oversight on the part of the creator. If I use the non BOM skin tones included in the Maitreya HUD, they look much more acceptable. Ive never really thought to use those. 

I also put on my Kalhene body can definitely see a seam if I REALLY look. But the skin does a much better job of hiding it with its default textures. 

So at least I know now to throw money at skins, not bodies. That in itself is a huge help.

Edited by AnnabelleApocalypse

7 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I took a look at the demoes of the V and the A and I think I found what the problem is..

When you put the A into hide/tuck mode the V pokes through.. That hide mode or tuck mode is meant for when wearing clothes so it won't poke through clothes.

When it was out of tuck mode it wouldn't do it, well unless I was spread like an eagle.. But then I doubt he'd be looking down there at that time anyways.. hehehehe

Ok so......wear them both, bend over, then put the A into a pose. You should then see what I mean. the wider you go, the more "oh no!". :D

Also, well done everyone for keeping the thread as tame as possible. Considering the subject matter, I'm very proud of you all. :)

the-best-kind-of-hugs-are-group-hugs.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.