Can’t use this body, ever.

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, PeonyPlum said:

I was trying different bodies the other day. I've had Lara for several years with no complaints.  I'm thinking I'd like to be a little curvier, though. The main problem I had with Kupra were the tiny calves. With the rest being so curvy, it looked unbalanced. I loved the way Legacy looks but I am a little nervous about the HUD relying on the maker's server, if I understand correctly. Especially considering the issues people had with TMP in the past. Freya looks beautiful, too. If there was a new update, I would get that in a heartbeat. As it is, many newer clothes are not being fitted for it. So for now, I'm sticking with Lara.

You may want to keep a close eye on this body here, if you haven't already tried it or seen the thread..

Kalhene ERIKA Mesh Body

You can get pretty versatile with it.. It's new so content creators are starting to nibble on it now..

If it gains good traction, it's gonna be a really hard body to beat..

Hey girls, I have been using one of the versions of the Ultra Vixen body.   It seems no one has talked about that one at all (unless I missed it).   The Ultra Vixen first came out with a shapely body with quite large but natural looking heavy breasts and shapely hips.   The creator has since also make a Perky and Flat Chested version, and is constantly making new clothes.    Check it out.

https://heather36mm.wixsite.com/ultravixen

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIYP_rczHqmxfDvuXLCPkhQ/videos

56 minutes ago, KimmyF5 said:

It seems no one has talked about that one at all (unless I missed it).  

Being as the topic is "Can't Use this Body Ever" as in "I don't think I could ever wear body x because..." it could be considered a positive that the body you wear wasn't mentioned?

• Like 2

Most bodies really,  I prefer an Androgynous look, so hyper Masculine or Feminine bodies are a no go. my  main body being Maitreya + Flatchest for now.  My dream body would be something that could reasonability fit masc and fem clothing depending on shape.  But not really found it. all those that come  close have mucked  UV maps so you can only wear  skins made for that body, lessening it's  use.

It's a bit hard since there's so much  clothing and apperance wise I just can't use, but  such is life.

Kupra is an extremely stylized body from the people that made SKING - and SKING was what I would call a 'blaxploitation' body - it was made to look like a near if not actually offensive parody of negative stereotypes of black people.

Kupra seems to be their attempt to dial that down a bit, but it's still dialed too 'extreme' for most bodies. I'm not even sure if one could make an avatar that resembled some of the most extremely curved real people - but one could get close.

I wanted to like Kupra, and I keep grabbing demos and trying to make a shape out of it, but as yet I've failed.

The only mesh bodies I ever liked 'out of the box' I quickly abandoned when I realized how extremely laggy they were (TMP and Legacy - Legacy is in the billions of polygons range, only slightly exaggerating there - I think of this as am 'SL killer', and TMP had that weird HUD lockdown situation so I could only use approved skins, and the lower anatomy was too 'flat' so even painted on detail looked really bad).

Every other human mesh body looked all wrong to me until I messed with the shape enough to find my grove. Including my favorite Belleza Freya (which I have since abandoned because it's also one of those billion polygon laggy bodies).

Some of these I could never 'find my grove' with, like both Slink options. Others I did quickly (Freya), or after a few years of trying (Maitreya - but only after I found the Proud Girls addon because the breasts on Maitreya, even at 100, look tiny to me).

In non-human bodies, I instantly fell in with Regalia - because it can fit the clothes of ALL the major human bodies is the entire thing is like 3 polygons (slight exaggeration). It's so insanely low lag it just makes the human mesh body makers look like rank unskilled amateurs... Or even like 'intentional griefers' - because when you see how low lag Regalia is you start to wonder how the human bodies could possibly be so bad unless they did it on purpose in an intentional effort to try and destroy SL... It's just that stark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Kupra is an extremely stylized body from the people that made SKING - and SKING was what I would call a 'blaxploitation' body - it was made to look like a near if not actually offensive parody of negative stereotypes of black people.

Kupra seems to be their attempt to dial that down a bit, but it's still dialed too 'extreme' for most bodies. I'm not even sure if one could make an avatar that resembled some of the most extremely curved real people - but one could get close.

I wanted to like Kupra, and I keep grabbing demos and trying to make a shape out of it, but as yet I've failed.

The only mesh bodies I ever liked 'out of the box' I quickly abandoned when I realized how extremely laggy they were (TMP and Legacy - Legacy is in the billions of polygons range, only slightly exaggerating there - I think of this as am 'SL killer', and TMP had that weird HUD lockdown situation so I could only use approved skins, and the lower anatomy was too 'flat' so even painted on detail looked really bad).

Every other human mesh body looked all wrong to me until I messed with the shape enough to find my grove. Including my favorite Belleza Freya (which I have since abandoned because it's also one of those billion polygon laggy bodies).

Some of these I could never 'find my grove' with, like both Slink options. Others I did quickly (Freya), or after a few years of trying (Maitreya - but only after I found the Proud Girls addon because the breasts on Maitreya, even at 100, look tiny to me).

In non-human bodies, I instantly fell in with Regalia - because it can fit the clothes of ALL the major human bodies is the entire thing is like 3 polygons (slight exaggeration). It's so insanely low lag it just makes the human mesh body makers look like rank unskilled amateurs... Or even like 'intentional griefers' - because when you see how low lag Regalia is you start to wonder how the human bodies could possibly be so bad unless they did it on purpose in an intentional effort to try and destroy SL... It's just that stark.

Have you tried the Erika from Kahlene discussed in another thread?  I have to say, I was impressed.  From average slim shapes to ultra curvy with one body.

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Have you tried the Erika from Kahlene discussed in another thread?  I have to say, I was impressed.  From average slim shapes to ultra curvy with one body.

Was not aware of it as I haven't been around much. Just looked at the promo image and it's pear shaped. I'm not a fan of pear shaped bodies. That was why I strongly disliked Freya at first. It wasn't until I dialed down everything below the wait to about 30 to 40, and dialed everything above the wait to 80-100 that I got Freya looking OK.

The actual body named 'hourglass' from Slink, on the other hand, is took extreme and blocky for me. ;)

But I'll get a demo and see if the pear can be dialed away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Was not aware of it as I haven't been around much. Just looked at the promo image and it's pear shaped. I'm not a fan of pear shaped bodies. That was why I strongly disliked Freya at first. It wasn't until I dialed down everything below the wait to about 30 to 40, and dialed everything above the wait to 80-100 that I got Freya looking OK.

The actual body named 'hourglass' from Slink, on the other hand, is took extreme and blocky for me. ;)

But I'll get a demo and see if the pear can be dialed away.

It can be dialed down to slim.  It's quite a nice body with tons of extras.

For the longest time, I used the system body for my human, since I was too poor to get anything that wasn't a freebie or group gift. Didn't mess around with shape much, generic skinny with trex arms.

Then I had better income, got hooked on ferals for years. Learned how shape sliders affected my avatar and eventually found my way back into human Avatars.

I used the kuroo body by krankhaus, since it was cheap and came with a TON of clothing options out the box, and I was trying to figure out a style I liked. At the time? Short, muscles without being a Huge Jacked Man.

More recently I picked up the Regalia bodies, testing each one out because I wanted something more like *myself*. I found the closest human body at the time I could get to my look with Regalia Soft was the Belleza Freya- and was impressed by the shape I settled on. Idealized version of the self- short and stocky, with subtle muscles via materials and looking like they could and would knock you flat for disrespecting their knitting.

By the time my road trip is over I need to take a proper picture of them. So far it's just been my human and their horse ready for battle lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.