the telepathy thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Just as we can sneak up on the deer and elk without any special gimmicks.. hehehe

I read a short story one time about an Inuit hunter going after seals and trying to get close to them over an expanse of ice. He mentioned that the trick was to not focus on the quarry but at something close to it. In this way the seal wouldn't "feel" it was in any danger. Struck me as rather interesting  but not been up to the arctic to test it. 🥶

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Just as we can sneak upon the deer and elk without any special gimmicks.. hehehe

I get within feet of the deer every day in my yard. They munch on my beautiful hostas just 20 feet from where I curse them as I'm planting more deer resistant shrubs. I have to honk to get them off my driveway. They'll eat crabapples off the tree on my patio as stroll past in my bunny slippers. Those slippers make me invisible, and are much cheaper than the "I'm ignorant, take advantage of me!" suit in the advert Arielle posted.

Now the bunnies are getting in on the act. I've a mom and two kids under my boxwood hedge. The little ones play around me while I'm weeding and one followed me into the house yesterday. I've only been feeding the mother, so I think she sent the kid to the "grocery store" once she figured it was old enough to take direction.

The turkeys are still a bit more skittish, but they're coming closer every day. I still marvel at the transition of cute little turkey chicks into ugly miniature dinosaurs every summer.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yup.  It happens all the time.  When you live in the rural Midwest, you see a lot of deer do that, and you know plenty of people who have run into them. Whether it's because the deer's eyes are temporarily overloaded by too much light or because the deer panic and can't decide what to do next is anyone's guess.  Deer aren't the only animals to behave that way.  People will do it too.

I have to keep an eye out for them every night on the way to town to get to work..

Once I get into town, There is still seven high probable places I could hit a deer on the way to the plant.

On the way to town, I haven't even bothered to count those yet.. hehehe

Then there is skunks which someone always seems to hit one of those once a week.. It almost wouldn't feel normal without the sweet smell of skunk in the air.. hehehe 

The Armadillos, OMG the Armadillos.. It seems like the only place I ever see them is dead on the road or trying to get across one.. hehehe

Deer are pretty easy to sneak up on if you know how to sneak up on them as it is..

I remember me and my little brother took our 3 month old beagle that just always had it's nose to the ground and let it loose on a deer trail.. In around 10 minutes we were in roping range of 5 deer.. hehehe

That's not even trying to find deer, but just testing out a pup.. hehehe

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yup.  It happens all the time.  When you live in the rural Midwest, you see a lot of deer do that, and you know plenty of people who have run into them. Whether it's because the deer's eyes are temporarily overloaded by too much light or because the deer panic and can't decide what to do next is anyone's guess.  Deer aren't the only animals to behave that way.  People will do it too.

That brings up something interesting. Humans and animals have a great degree of anatomical similarities. But in my opinion, we are animals as well.

Edited by Bagnu

5 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I get within feet of the deer every day in my yard. They munch on my beautiful hostas just 20 feet from where I curse them as I'm planting more deer resistant shrubs. I have to honk to get them off my driveway. They'll eat crabapples off the tree on my patio as stroll past in my bunny slippers. Those slippers make me invisible, and are much cheaper than the "I'm ignorant, take advantage of me!" suit in the advert Arielle posted.

Now the bunnies are getting in on the act. I've a mom and two kids under my boxwood hedge. The little ones play around me while I'm weeding and one followed me into the house yesterday. I've only been feeding the mother, so I think she sent the kid to the "grocery store" once she figured it was old enough to take direction.

The turkeys are still a bit more skittish, but they're coming closer every day. I still marvel at the transition of cute little turkey chicks into ugly miniature dinosaurs every summer.

That only happens if someone isn't hunting them. Then it takes a large degree of effort lol!!!

5 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

We have a bunch of turkey on the property.. I remember going up to one of the ponds we made and counted 35 hanging out in the clearing we have up there..

We have two types of deer in the area.. Town deer and deer.. I've almost hit town deer on a bright sunny day just going to the bank one day.. I'll go out to the bike path they have in town and walk with some friends just to talk and enjoy a good walk.. The town deer just look at us like, are you guys gonna be here all day or what, we're trying to eat here!

hehehe

The only thing I don't want to sneak up on is the cats..Bobcats and mountain lions..

We've been tracked by them before.. More or less just checking us out than looking for a meal..

16 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The Armadillos, OMG the Armadillos.. It seems like the only place I ever see them is dead on the road or trying to get across one.. hehehe

I took a road trip from Texas back to Wisconsin in early June. I mentally cataloged the road kill, as I do. There was a transition from armaradillos to raccoons as I worked north, more or less as expected. Texas and Louisiana had lots of carnage, as wildlife crossed roads to escape the recent flooding.

My oddest encounter was in Tennessee, where I passed through a woods just prior to open fields. Orioles were swooping back and forth across the road. I nearly hit one and there were half a dozen bodies on the shoulder. I really should do some Googling to see what prompts that kind of behavior.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

We have a bunch of turkey on the property.. I remember going up to one of the ponds we made and counted 35 hanging out in the clearing we have up there..

We have two types of deer in the area.. Town deer and deer.. I've almost hit town deer on a bright sunny day just going to the bank one day.. I'll go out to the bike path they have in town and walk with some friends just to talk and enjoy a good walk.. The town deer just look at us like, are you guys gonna be here all day or what, we're trying to eat here!

hehehe

The only thing I don't want to sneak up on is the cats..Bobcats and mountain lions..

We've been tracked by them before.. More or less just checking us out than looking for a meal..

I have coyotes. I'll hear them yipping in the night, or crooning Wednesday noons during civil defense siren tests. They've eaten a few neighbor dogs over the years, despite my warning the owners to keep their little ones in at night.

A few years back there were so many around I started taking a stick on walks through my woods. Here's one, just off my patio. I was standing about 30 feet from him when I took the shot...
Coyote.thumb.jpeg.0a1a4012902db6bedb2b8c4d26d8df91.jpeg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

My oddest encounter was in Tennessee, where I passed through a woods just prior to open fields. Orioles were swooping back and forth across the road. I nearly hit one and there were half a dozen bodies on the shoulder. I really should do some Googling to see what prompts that kind of behavior.

Reminds me of a trip with my uncle years ago where on a trip back home from a camp ground, we hit 26 birds in a 50 mile stretch. It was early morning and he was doing about 70 mph on a road just off of Lake Huron. Never seen anything like it and no idea why it was happening except to wonder if something on the car was making a whistling noise that was somehow attracting them. Seagulls if I remember right.

24 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I have coyotes. I'll hear them yipping in the night, or crooning Wednesday noons during civil defense siren tests. They've eaten a few neighbor dogs over the years, despite my warning the owners to keep their little ones in at night.

A few years back there were so many around I started taking a stick on walks through my woods. Here's one, just off my patio. I was standing about 30 feet from him when I took the shot...
Coyote.thumb.jpeg.0a1a4012902db6bedb2b8c4d26d8df91.jpeg

We don't mind the coyotes that much.. They pretty much don't come in or bother the livestock because we have dogs out there with them,Plus our Mastiff and Danes running around the house.. They pretty much stay back and keep their distance..

The ones that are a big threat to people, especially kids and live stock around here that we go after are, the wild dogs..

We've got a couple packs still around. They can be day time and night time active and are more bold and meaner.

Walking across some coyote in the woods it's a relaxing sight.. Coming up on a couple wild dogs in the woods and not having a gun.. That's a whole other feeling..

That's why I never leave home without them.. hehehe

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I took a road trip from Texas back to Wisconsin in early June. I mentally cataloged the road kill, as I do. There was a transition from armaradillos to raccoons as I worked north, more or less as expected. Texas and Louisiana had lots of carnage, as wildlife crossed roads to escape the recent flooding.

I didn't even know Tennessee had Armadillos until like a year after we got down here.. I always thought they were a Texas thing.. hehehe

I know barn swallows will swoop like that..

I tried to do a search about Orioles  swooping the road and got nothing but things like, Orioles swoop road trip, Orioles  swoop the some other team..

I was gonna go passed page one but figured, it's gonna be pages before i find anything.. hehehe

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I know the military has been active in a type of ESP named 'remote viewing' where one person attempts to gather information about a distant location with their mind. Not sure what the current status is

The military found that subjects were more accurate while using Google Earth to focus their information-gathering powers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

Humans and animals have a great degree of anatomical similarities. But in my opinion, we are animals as well.

That's not just your opinion. That's more or less the scientific definition of the human species since Linnaeus. Here's Homo sapiens' 'full' scientific classification to date:

Domain: Eukaryota (we're cellular life with organelles and a nucleus)
Kingdom: Metazoa/Animalia (we're multicellular animals))
Phylum: Chordata/Vertebrata (we have spinal chords)
Class: Mammalia (our basic genetic plan involves growing boobs)
Order: Primates (yes, we are apes - not descendants of, but fully fledged members of the order of primates)
Suborder: Haplorhini (we have dry noses)
Infraorder: Simiiformes (probably some common minor anatomical features absent in other animals)
Family: Hominidae (all the great apes - yes we are great apes too, like the chimps, the gorillas and the orangutans)
Subfamily: Homininae (that's all the African great apes - oh my, we are all African great apes)
Tribe: Hominini (just us and the chimps and bonobos, our closest non-human brothers and sisters)
Genus: Homo (all human species, of which only one is still in existence today, Homo sapiens)

So there you have it. Scientists decided more than a century ago that we are African great apes. But don't tell Tucker Carlson. Before you know, he'll start a two-week tirade on national TV and convince people to keep their kids out of highschool, because they learn this in biology class.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:
6 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I know the military has been active in a type of ESP named 'remote viewing' where one person attempts to gather information about a distant location with their mind. Not sure what the current status is

The military found that subjects were more accurate while using Google Earth to focus their information-gathering powers.

Really?  I had not heard that. It makes sense though...to have some sort of physical perception from the senses to help focus.

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I read a short story one time about an Inuit hunter going after seals and trying to get close to them over an expanse of ice. He mentioned that the trick was to not focus on the quarry but at something close to it. In this way the seal wouldn't "feel" it was in any danger. Struck me as rather interesting  but not been up to the arctic to test it. 🥶

You can bet if they see you and not running, they are checking you out in every way they can until you are gone..They sense danger but not sense it's them yet.

If a seal is out on the ice like that, it's usually real close to a hole, so the hunter has to just get close enough to be in range..

Picture what happens when you go on alert and then magnify that like crazy, but with more in tune senses and more senses being used..

You hear a thud at night, picture what you go through right away.

Myself, I freeze like a deer stuck in headlights and tune into my senses.

When that switch is flipped nothing else exists in the world until it's figured out..

Flipping it on and off real fast will take your breath away.. Just like when someone jumps out at you and scares the crap out of you as a prank.. That's the level that we go to just that quick..

Imagine being a deer and that switch always being just right there, more like on a dimmer than a switch.. hehehe

Whats sad is ,we could be way more in tune with our senses, but we choose the easier life and give up more and more of our senses as we become more dependent on things..

A lot of things that people over time have taken as amazing, like feeling vibrations of things miles away or smelling something far off.. That was people growing up in nature and being in tune with it.. where the people that were not, thought it was something other than what it was, like it was mystical or something.. hehehe

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

*snicker snerk snerk snort!*

I was joking, Luna. I guess my straight face works much better in print!

lol well I did wonder far in the back of my mind.  It's just that I have heard remote viewing actually works in some cases, but never did check out credible sources to confirm.

7 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

we are African great apes. But don't tell Tucker Carlson. Before you know, he'll start a two-week tirade on national TV and convince people to keep their kids out of highschool, because they learn this in biology class.

I think Tucker Carlson has the mind of an ape, but then I don't mean to insult the apes...

2 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

He mentioned that the trick was to not focus on the quarry but at something close to it. In this way the seal wouldn't "feel" it was in any danger. Struck me as rather interesting

Have you ever sensed that someone was staring at you from behind? I know they've done experiments with this but don't remember the results..

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Have you ever sensed that someone was staring at you from behind? I know they've done experiments with this but don't remember the results..

I think that we do this a lot, even when nobody is there, but notice it more when someone is..

Also, our other senses can pick up on if someone is there.. I think it really comes down to if we are focused on something or not.

Have you ever all of a sudden had someone right by you and not noticed until they were right up by you?

I've been on my computer working on something and my big ole hubby walk right up on me and I about jump out of my skin.. hehehe

I hate when that happens too!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think that we do this a lot, even when nobody is there, but notice it more when someone is..

Also, our other senses can pick up on if someone is there.. I think it really comes down to if we are focused on something or not.

Yes, if our attention is focused intently elsewhere we might not notice the small shift in light that another person makes in the room as they move, or the sounds that are barely audible.

12 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Have you ever sensed that someone was staring at you from behind?

When I had that feeling as a kid, I'd just turn around and say "Hi, Mom!"  No guesswork or ESP involved. Moms are supposed to be sneaky and kids are supposed to learn to look over their shoulders until they have a well-developed superego to do the job.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yes, if our attention is focused intently elsewhere we might not notice the small shift in light that another person makes in the room as they move, or the sounds that are barely audible.

I'm kind of not as tall as a lot of the people around me, so I'm always looking behind me..

Over the years I've been swooped from behind so many times and picked up, that it's became a part of my routine to always give a glance back every so often.. hehehe

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Scientists decided

It's not that scientists decided. It's what scientific research has shown, and what is now considered to be correct. Constantly variable. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.