How Does Your SL Look Today?

11 hours ago, archangel969 said:

And so I wanted to put a small sound file in the film posters with a tiny fragment of the films, but the scripts won't play unfortunately! Very odd, if I place the posters in the middle of the room they do play but it's a weird sight. I've tried everything, up to setting all the walls to 'no shape'. I always do that when I can't walk through a door, which I often solve by setting the doorframe to 'no shape'. But anyway, i was so wild about setting everything to 'no shape' there that i fell through the floor so i fixed everything again. Anyway, do you guys ever have a situation where a sound script works on one wall of the room but not on the other? And how did you guys possibly fix that?

Never a dull moment in SL! 🙂

Snapshot_20812085617_002_klein.png

Got it! Your avatar has to stand close to the picture with the soundfile.Then you will hear it. the files are short, eight seconds, but people nowadays don't have the time and patience to listen to longer clips anyway 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Got it! Your avatar has to stand close to the picture with the soundfile.Then you will hear it. the files are short, eight seconds, but people nowadays don't have the time and patience to listen to longer clips anyway 🙂

That makes me wonder if there is a script that would autoplay images, or an online media file. when someone comes near an object.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

You mean autoplay by collision? I found this: 

The problem is having to click on it. Caitlin wanted me to set our first anniversary video on an autoloop, but I couldn't find a way to do that. There is no way of clicking on repeat either in youtube or google drive inside of SL Youtube video repeaters didn't work. Video directly stored inside an object loses resolution with each frame, so that would make a 1 min an 30s video so blurry, that the image wouldn't even be recognizable as video. I HAVE placed 4 prims side by side, and linked them with each frame broken up into 4 parts, but that still wouldn't work for longer vids, and there is always a seam. It would take a very long time, and a lot of prims for anything over 20 seconds.

Edited by Bagnu

3 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

The problem is having to click on it. Caitlin wanted me to set our first anniversary video on an autoloop, but I couldn't find a way to do that. There is no way of clicking on repeat either in youtube or google drive inside of SL Video directly stored inside an object loses resolution with each frame, so that would make a 1 min an 30s video so blurry, that the image wouldn't even be recognizable as video. I HAVE placed 4 prims side by side, and linked them with each frame broken up into 4 parts, but that still wouldn't work for longer vids, and there is always a seam. It would take a very long time, and a lot of prims for anything over 20 seconds.

Aha, I understand the problem. Maybe someone else here knows more, or on another thread on the forums here.

But anyways, you and Caitlin are a 'beautiful collision' LOL.

Edited by archangel969
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

Aha, I understand the problem. Maybe someone else here knows more, or on another thread on the forums here.

But anyways, you and Caitlin are a 'beautiful collision' LOL.

Which DOES remind me to post this pic of us snuggling when she came back a few days ago!!! I missed her.

Cat and I when she came back from her Cousin's Sandor.png

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

By day, he's a mild-mannered -ummmm - secretary, but by evening he's a hardened freelance investigator and photographer for the National Blab.

No one will ever recognize you now.

Did you say "secretary"?...

Swallow Secretary Sandor.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Cat and I discussing some Island remodelling. Since we removed Castle Deathsex we have almost no vistors. it's time to put up another Castle!!! She wanted to go a bit more mainstream for a while, but that isn't working. We removed a few things to free up some prims, but we need to find a better castle than what we had!!!

Cat and I remodelling the Island 2 Sandor.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

Since we removed Castle Deathsex we have almost no vistors.

lol

I'm sorry, and seriously not being disrespectful! I get it.

But you have to admit, that is a really funny sentence.

• Haha 3

So, last night and again today I visited the upcoming exhibition of a friend of mine, Aggie Rowlands.

Aggie is an amazing artist; she specializes in impromptu, "live" portraiture. No poses, and no postprocessing: her images are captured in real time as she wanders around SL, and they appear on her canvasses as they appeared in her viewer. That's not to say, of course, that these are merely "lucky" shots: she's masterful at managing EEP, camera and in-viewer settings and filters to produce the effects that she wants. And she's sooooo good at capturing character in a face.

This is a kind of photography which I am simply no good at. I'm full of admiration for her work.

Aggies-Exhibit-Blank.thumb.png.814b161484a02d47b3768083cb7b1a12.png

This shot provides a small sample of her stuff, much of which is photographically more ingenious than what you can see here -- but for some reason, I found myself lingering over these particular shots . . . 😏

Her show (appropriately entitled "Mugshot") opens Tuesday at the Event Space in Sospiri. I highly recommend it -- and not just because there happen to be two pics of me there . . .

• Like 13