How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

So, while I still have my Voroznia apartment -- for at least one more week, anyway -- I've begun the process of furnishing and decorating my new digs on my own parcel.

This is a really nicely done skybox loft with a wrap-around. It's exposed brick, with skylights and a lovely sort of glassed-in "conservatory" area at the back for plants, which I'm really looking forward to decorating. It's open concept, which is a bit of a challenge -- I haven't decided yet whether or not to put in a bathroom or bedroom (I probably will), or how to do that. But I'm starting with the living room area, cuz it's relatively easy.

My last few places of "residence" have all quite consciously looked a bit like a grad student's digs: ratty hand-me down furniture, lots of books and clutter, etc. But I've decided to go a little more upmarket on this place. I've actually lived in a converted warehouse before, and it was awful, but there's no reason this one can't look nice.

Not much yet, but it's a start. The picture in front of which I am standing is a gorgeous new acquisition by @manoji Yachvili. I want to put lots of art in this place.

New-Loft-1-Blank.thumb.png.f30be164da24bce27ab6dd8b33c13f27.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Having a laugh with Cat in her "Mazikeen" outfit. SL was acting up for her. She couldn't see her freckles until she relogged. I had to send her a gyazo to show that they really were there!!!

Cat as mazikken tongue out.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Breaking News! "Tinies at Center of 'Schmear Campaign''!"

News at 11!

* A schmear is a spread that goes on a bagel, such as cream cheese.

Garvie's build is so appetising.  There's this picnic blanket outside which can give you waffles made to order in a waffle iron, and then you eat it, with noises, and it disappears bit by bit. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Garvie's build is so appetising.  There's this picnic blanket outside which can give you waffles made to order in a waffle iron, and then you eat it, with noises, and it disappears bit by bit. :)

My initial thought was to ask, "are those bagels Tiny-sized" meaning, smaller than "normal"? 

• Haha 4

An interesting class where we rez prims and they 'talk' to us, like "how does this make you feel"? lol   It's a way to access subconscious processes to enhance creativity. cc30ef18cdce386f9f50c904b6951cee.gif

e60d0867139f0df898b310e308f300c8.gif

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 7

Been to Story Quest reborn. As a writer, I am always very inspired by sims that also involve storytelling. And that is the case here in optima forma! It was created by Jena Ball, known as Jenaia Morane. Fourteen years ago, she developed Story Quest.  The story was focused on the life and times of a person called Uncle D. It is an exploration of a life affected by HIV/AIDS which used a non-linear narrative to encourage us not just to explore and investigate the story but also to reflect on Uncle D and the disease itself - and you had a chance to become part of the story yourself. Now the creator has revived Story Quest with 'Story Quest reborn.'

I have not come across such a beautiful way of storytelling in SL before. You follow the story via an audiotour with very good voice actors. But you are also challenged to tell your own story. I have been hugely inspired and am now thinking of ways how I can bring storytelling more into Canal city and Dutch estate as well. Those stories are there, but are hidden. After all, I come up with the stories first and adjust the furnishing of the houses accordingly. But there could be ways to make those stories visible to the visitor. In short: plenty of inspiration.

Here is a video from Desiging Worlds visiting Story Quest reborn.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 9

37 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

Been to Story Quest reborn. As a writer, I am always very inspired by sims that also involve storytelling. And that is the case here in optima forma! It was created by Jena Ball, known as Jenaia Morane. Fourteen years ago, she developed Story Quest.  The story was focused on the life and times of a person called Uncle D. It is an exploration of a life affected by HIV/AIDS which used a non-linear narrative to encourage us not just to explore and investigate the story but also to reflect on Uncle D and the disease itself - and you had a chance to become part of the story yourself. Now the creator has revived Story Quest with 'Story Quest reborn.'

I have not come across such a beautiful way of storytelling in SL before. You follow the story via an audiotour with very good voice actors. But you are also challenged to tell your own story. I have been hugely inspired and am now thinking of ways how I can bring storytelling more into Canal city and Dutch estate as well. Those stories are there, but are hidden. After all, I come up with the stories first and adjust the furnishing of the houses accordingly. But there could be ways to make those stories visible to the visitor. In short: plenty of inspiration.

Here is a video from Desiging Worlds visiting Story Quest reborn.

You probably recognized Jenaia dancing in my post -- she's brainstorming with the leader of the class (Marly of SimMod fame) new methods of storytelling...

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

This works better for my Rotate Left button on my Streamdeck!!! On the actual button I can have it rotate a full 360 though. It's only 144x144 on it. This is 600X600.

Icons Rotating Left 600x600 for forum.gif

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Cat and I tonight, discussing what new area to put on the island.

Cat and I discussing what to put on the Island.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

You probably recognized Jenaia dancing in my post -- she's brainstorming with the leader of the class (Marly of SimMod fame) new methods of storytelling...

That is so cool!

I will contact her to tell how I appreciate her storytelling work and have a chat about that subject.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 3